Loïc Remy

Guest bimpy474
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Let's hope NUFC's new recruits have something more positive and constructive to contribute than this forum's new recruits.

lets have your views then .......

Given them many a time mate. Suffice to say I'm not exactly known as Ashley's biggest fan on here. However I'm not going to engage in a discussion with you until you've proven to be capable of anything more than pointless and incessant whinging.

I do think we will replace Ba, we usually do replace a purple for another purple.

On top of all that Ashley can't risk his investment by us going down and as a Jack pointed out with ST renewals he will likely want to try and entice people to renew.

He's done it before and will probably do it again, my concern is that he ignores the CB issue for the umpteenth time.

Guest ItalianMagpie

Let's hope NUFC's new recruits have something more positive and constructive to contribute than this forum's new recruits.

Given them many a time mate. Suffice to say I'm not exactly known as Ashley's biggest fan on here. However I'm not going to engage in a discussion with you until you've proven to be capable of anything more than pointless and incessant whinging.

Well you can't say that every time we clearly needed some players Ashley took out his wallet. I'm kind of used to read about endless negotiations that inevitably lead to nothing, even when literally everybody knew we desperately needed some signings.

For ages now I have bigged Ashley up......but this window will show everyone of his intentions. He had his chance last summer to  build on his success....he didn't dee this.......we had a big chance to show our intentions.....but we didn't. now the club have realised what every fan knew in August.......will they put it right? I know where my money is

The slide this club has gone on since the Summer is inexcusable. It is supreme folly to attribute the majority of it on the inability to add players over the summer. That being said, our current incumbent has shown himself incapable of arresting the slide that the club is on with the players he has at his disposal. The only viable option is for Ashley to provide the funds to strengthen in this window. A failure to do so will be a damning indictment on his tenure and representative of a reckless gamble on our future. The real worry is that investment does not guarantee a halt to our decline.

If he wants money then surely he will want to stay up?

Get relegated and he loses millions that makes no sense :lol: i would agree otherwise but the massive increase in tv money means he will want to stay up.

Going down just makes no sense even on a financial level, this isn't the same as when we went down last time.

This time next season teams will be getting 50m for finishing bottom :lol: we go down and he loses a slice of that pie.

Can anyone please recap what's happened with Remy so I don't have to read ten pages of shit? Interest from Germany according to .com, is that right? ???

That's what was apparently reported on L'Equipe TV (whatever that is), yeah. They also said he doesn't want to go to QPR, hence the thread title. :thup:

Can anyone please recap what's happened with Remy so I don't have to read ten pages of shit? Interest from Germany according to .com, is that right? ???

L'Equipe TV said he's turned down QPR and speculated (based on nothing really) that Dortmund and Schalke are now favourites and ignored us completely especially the fact we have a delegation in France right now trying to do a deal. Some French journo said he would only join us as he has many friends here.

Isn't he cup tied in Europe anyway? or have UEFA relaxed the laws? Champions league is great and all but not if he can't play in it.

Cup tied i would think, Marseille have played in the Ropa this season.

Did some digging..not sure what the hell happened in here while I was doing that. Remy could play for either German team in the Champions League and wouldn`t be cup tied. So obviously CL would be a big pulling factor. Among other things, such as us actually bidding and offering acceptable money, him coming here depends if he has set his sights on playing in the Premiership, Germany seems a no brainer otherwise.

Rule - 18.19 One player from the above quota of three who has been fielded in a UEFA

club competition match for another club in the current season may

exceptionally be registered, provided that the player has not been fielded:

− in the same competition for another club; or

− for another club that is currently in the same competition.

Furthermore, if the player’s new club is playing in the UEFA Europa League,

his former club must not have played in the UEFA Europa League at any

point in the current season.

Really don't see the benefit of including a highly paid, overrated player :lol:

Here's £10m and someone not good enough to get in our relegation likely team. Oh even if you halve his wages it's still around £30,000 a week. You up for it then?

If Remy rejected the offer then it implies that Marseilles accepted QPR's offer, which means we should know roughly how much it'll cost to sign him. Of course, since QPR are out of the running now, it probably leaves in a position of power, which given our track record, likely means waiting until the end of the window to make a move.

Redknapp offer was £10 million + SWP for Remy (according to french papers)

Don't understand why he wouldn't include Barton as part of any deal.

Pretty clear he wants to stay with OM and I can't imagine many at QPR want him back.

The Remy deal would seem an ideal opportunity to put that issue to bed whilst improving survival chances.