Loïc Remy

Guest bimpy474
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Is anyone just a little unconvinced about this guy? Seems to me he's on the decline a bit and by all accounts has been absolutely woeful this season. Marseille seem happy to let him go for a decent price which suggests they're not going to miss him. Obviously, if push comes to shove, i'd take Remy but we know how tight Ashley is, we need to make sure Ba's replacement is the right man, because we wont get another shot at it. It just worries me that we're pinning our hopes on a lad that hasnt scored a single goal in the French league this season and prior to that he hasnt massively prolific. Although I watch a little I dont watch a great deal of Ligue 1 and I'd love someone to put my doubts at ease here?

I think I'd much prefer Aubameyang, seen him play a few times and coupled with his record in France, he looks the real deal. 16 League goals last season and 8 in 12 in all competitions this term. We'll have to see though, can see this saga fizzling out to a hugely disappointing end either way.

Is anyone just a little unconvinced about this guy? Seems to me he's on the decline a bit and by all accounts has been absolutely woeful this season. Marseille seem happy to let him go for a decent price which suggests they're not going to miss him. Obviously, if push comes to shove, i'd take Remy but we know how tight Ashley is, we need to make sure Ba's replacement is the right man, because we wont get another shot at it. It just worries me that we're pinning our hopes on a lad that hasnt scored a single goal in the French league this season and prior to that he hasnt massively prolific. Although I watch a little I dont watch a great deal of Ligue 1 and I'd love someone to put my doubts at ease here?

But he's quick on FIFA so he must be good!

Guest ItalianMagpie

Is anyone just a little unconvinced about this guy?

I am. But then again, we've got nothing else to be excited about :lol:

Guest VanBarduck

I think I'd much prefer Aubameyang, seen him play a few times and coupled with his record in France, he looks the real deal. 16 League goals last season and 8 in 12 in all competitions this term. We'll have to see though, can see this saga fizzling out to a hugely disappointing end either way.

have you ever seen Aubameyang play ? he's fast.................that's pretty much it .

Is anyone just a little unconvinced about this guy?

I am. But then again, we've got nothing else to be excited about :lol:

My sentiments exactly. I'm hoping that at the very most he helps with assists to Cisse, and maybe chips in with 1 or 2 goals here and there.

It just worries me that we're pinning our hopes on a lad that hasnt scored a single goal in the French league this season and prior to that he hasnt massively prolific.

45 goals in 80 games in previous 3 seasons for someone who has played a lot outwide isn't bad tbf.

If there's one thing I trust this regime on, it's that they're too tight to spend lots of money on someone who isn't fairly likely to be decent.

I actually trust Graham Carr to identify good talent as well.

But he's quick on FIFA so he must be good!

he is so slick on fifa 13.

Quick, somebody contact Joey Barton

:lol: good idea actually

You could totally picture the scenario that Joey has already told him how much he enjoyed it here, SJP and the supporters. He's not exactly a tight-lipped person who wouldn't mention the sort.

But more importantly, you could also totally picture the scenario that Joey would tweet some thinly veiled reference to some obscure book he read that  somehow equated to us signing Remy or something and after he hit Send, he'd be sitting around thinking he's a f***ing genius. :lol:

Few would have predicted the success Jelavic has been at Everton due to him playing at Rangers in the Scottish League. Sometimes you just can't tell until the player settles in. Another example, I was gutted when we spent £6m on Bellamy and that turned out to be a shrewd move for Sir Bob. Will be optimistic if this Remy deal comes off, regardless of this term's goal tally.