Newcastle United 1 - 0 QPR - 22/12/12 - post-match reaction from page 27

Mike

Name me once we got through that QPR side apart from when Marveaux was on.  They were comfortable as an away team imo until the goal.  Honestly I still do not know what Perch and Jonas did all game, can some one explain?

I wouldn't say they looked comfortable, they seemed to be just managing to hold out. We obviously struggled to break them down in general. We got a load of crosses in that could have gone to someone on another day, but at the same time they weren't great crosses.

I agree that Marv should be starting though, he looks a cut above.

How many times are we going to say Jonas' crosses were if's and but's?  He's absolute shite as a winger and not once this season he's beaten his man in a game.  I seriously hope for his sake he's carrying an injury.

I agree with you, he looks terrible and his crosses have always been shocking in general.

I haven't seen anything at all from the game today but the suggestion that the three points are such a relief that the performance should become virtually irrelevant basically sums up the state we're in at present. It's the kind of thing I imagine fans of perennial relegation strugglers say.

Think this is the best summarisation of it all. :thup:

As a summarisation, it's not too bad.

It's not my feeling though - I'm not trying to excuse a rank performance because we won, although winning was all-important. On the contrary, I thought the performance was a very comfortable one in the circumstances. It just had a clear weakness in that we struggled to break QPR down at times.

With Cabaye, Ben Arfa and hopefully more of Marveaux we have the ability to address this weakness.

We also need some results like this to boost confidence. Sometimes getting a win, as long as it isn't pure luck, is what you need to lift everyone.

Guest neesy111

Another one where I come in from the match happy and read depressing shit on here. Suppose I've only got myself to blame.

The forum can fuck off tonight like. Read some embarrassing bollocks in this thread.

We looked solid without scoring for an hour. We controlled the game without dominating it: QPR were absolutely fucking dogshit and apart from that freekick in stoppage time that Krul dealt with, he did not have a single save to make. Pardew made his subs (Shola and Obertan FFS MAN BOOOOOOOOOOOOOO) at the exact right time and we built up a head of steam, largely thanks to the input of those two, scored, won the game and saw it out comfortably-ish. The pleasing thing was we looked to play on the counter and grab the second goal instead of trying to sit really deep and defend 1-0.

I mean, come on. In isolation it was a professional, comfortable performance. It wasn't vintage or champagne (cue Pards: 'flat bitter') but it was good enough and that's all that counted today: we needed 3 points and we got them.

Even from the likes of Wullie, who normally is negative with good reason, the posts I've read have been absolutely fucking stinking. We won the match with relative ease, we haven't won or kept a clean sheet for fucking ages so shut yer trap and enjoy it for a change, man. Gan get some Prozac, honestly.

:facepalm:

Howay then, explain to me what's wrong with that, shite-for-brains. Let us have your excellent opinion instead of a fucking emoticon, man. :lol:

No.

We did the bare minimum against an absolutely wretched team, with a performance that was disjointed and unconvincing throughout. It took one of Shola's once-a-season Zidane moments to save us from a game that was crawling to an inevitable draw.

We are barely improving, with some very difficult games to come, and Pardew was extremely lucky today; that's why i'm relieved/downbeat as opposed to delighted. And not to trumpet my opinion as more worthy than anyone else's, but i see myself as relatively balanced, as opposed to overwhelmingly positive/negative week-by-week.

We did the bare minimum against an absolutely wretched team, with a performance that was disjointed and unconvincing throughout. It took one of Shola's once-a-season Zidane moments to save us from a game that was crawling to an inevitable draw.

We are barely improving, with some very difficult games to come, and Pardew was extremely lucky today; that's why i'm relieved/downbeat as opposed to delighted. And not to trumpet my opinion as more worthy than anyone else's, but i see myself as relatively balanced, as opposed to overwhelmingly positive/negative week-by-week.

Fair opinion, I thought it was heading for a draw as well.

No doubt about it,  these boards are mainly as negative as fuck.  I'm just glad none of you work for the samaritans!  :)

The odd extremist aside, the board's general feeling directly correlates to how good/shite we are.

Guest bimpy474

No doubt about it,  these boards are mainly as negative as fuck.  I'm just glad none of you work for the samaritans!  :)

Tbf, if you phoned i would tell you to jump.

Another one where I come in from the match happy and read depressing shit on here. Suppose I've only got myself to blame.

The forum can fuck off tonight like. Read some embarrassing bollocks in this thread.

We looked solid without scoring for an hour. We controlled the game without dominating it: QPR were absolutely fucking dogshit and apart from that freekick in stoppage time that Krul dealt with, he did not have a single save to make. Pardew made his subs (Shola and Obertan FFS MAN BOOOOOOOOOOOOOO) at the exact right time and we built up a head of steam, largely thanks to the input of those two, scored, won the game and saw it out comfortably-ish. The pleasing thing was we looked to play on the counter and grab the second goal instead of trying to sit really deep and defend 1-0.

I mean, come on. In isolation it was a professional, comfortable performance. It wasn't vintage or champagne (cue Pards: 'flat bitter') but it was good enough and that's all that counted today: we needed 3 points and we got them.

Even from the likes of Wullie, who normally is negative with good reason, the posts I've read have been absolutely fucking stinking. We won the match with relative ease, we haven't won or kept a clean sheet for fucking ages so shut yer trap and enjoy it for a change, man. Gan get some Prozac, honestly.

Howay then, explain to me what's wrong with that, shite-for-brains. Let us have your excellent opinion instead of a fucking emoticon, man. :lol:

No.

:lol:

Very rarely see such a one-sided Premier league game - QPR were an absolute disgrace, with the players they've got they should at least be trying to participate in a game of football.

Hope Harry takes them down then fucks off into obscurity.

Guest malandro

Name me once we got through that QPR side apart from when Marveaux was on.  They were comfortable as an away team imo until the goal.  Honestly I still do not know what Perch and Jonas did all game, can some one explain?

An utterly pathetic QPR side came for a draw and, as you say, looked very comfortable until AP brought on Shola. AP deserves some credit for this but it wasn't some brilliant managerial insight into the game. Bringing on Shola and going very direct is what he always does when plan A fails.

I haven't seen anything at all from the game today but the suggestion that the three points are such a relief that the performance should become virtually irrelevant basically sums up the state we're in at present. It's the kind of thing I imagine fans of perennial relegation strugglers say.

It's not my feeling though - I'm not trying to excuse a rank performance because we won, although winning was all-important. On the contrary, I thought the performance was a very comfortable one in the circumstances. It just had a clear weakness in that we struggled to break QPR down at times.

With Cabaye, Ben Arfa and hopefully more of Marveaux we have the ability to address this weakness.

We also need some results like this to boost confidence. Sometimes getting a win, as long as it isn't pure luck, is what you need to lift everyone.

I seem to remember that after we beat West Brom, it was said that a win by pure luck was what we needed. We then went DLLLL. :lol:

Let's hope it works better this time. By all accounts we were the better team and won.

No.

In that case, I'll be joining the no doubt high number of people who have improved their forum experience by adding you, the pinnacle of naff, heedfullofbrokenbiscuits posters to their 'ignore posts' list. I expect before long there'll be a majority of active users who do the same thing, who could blame them? Bye.

Guest neesy111

If you don't like what's said on here then leave tbh.  The only thing you've posted on here today has been moaning on about people arriving / leaving early, about how negative the board is.

:jesuswept:

Guest neesy111

No.

In that case, I'll be joining the no doubt high number of people who have improved their forum experience by adding you to their 'ignore posts' list. I expect before long there'll be a majority of active users who do the same. Bye.

Aye, do that then.  No doubt, you similarly have a high number.

I seem to remember that after we beat West Brom, it was said that a win by pure luck was what we needed. We then went DLLLL. :lol:

Let's hope it works better this time. By all accounts we were the better team and won.

I suppose sometimes any win helps, as long as the players don't know they didn't deserve it confidence should be boosted.

No doubt about it,  these boards are mainly as negative as f***.  I'm just glad none of you work for the samaritans!  :)

All depends on how you look at it, and how much you look at the bigger picture. Some are  more than content with relegation form and hoofball. Personally I think we can and should achieve more.

No.

In that case, I'll be joining the no doubt high number of people who have improved their forum experience by adding you to their 'ignore posts' list. I expect before long there'll be a majority of active users who do the same. Bye.

Aye, do that then.  No doubt, you similarly have a high number.

Play nice lads.

Guest bimpy474

I dont get this ignore business, we are all just spanners posted guff about most things we know fuck all about.

I love the thought of someone putting someone else on ignore......i can picture it now.

"Ahhh that'll learn him"........hahahaha bet he's crying now.

It's been the same each time we've won - "all we need is a win, then we can relax and kick on" then the next game we go away and it's back to getting nowt. We're nearly in 2013, it's hardly negative to say that we've got to start seeing more than we are.

No doubt about it,  these boards are mainly as negative as f***.  I'm just glad none of you work for the samaritans!  :)

All depends on how you look at it, and how much you look at the bigger picture. Some are  more than content with relegation form and hoofball. Personally I think we can and should achieve more.

They're not like.

It's been the same each time we've won - "all we need is a win, then we can relax and kick on" then the next game we go away and it's back to getting nowt. We're nearly in 2013, it's hardly negative to say that we've got to start seeing more than we are.

:thup:

They're not like.

They are, like, man.

The odd extremist aside, the board's general feeling directly correlates to how good/s**** we are.

The fact that the relegationometer reveals 23% of people think there's a 90-100% chance we'll be relegated shows how irrational, silly and unrepresentative many on here are. :lol:

FWIW I never meant to imply that our season will be transformed by beating QPR today. But it's definitely better than losing to them.