Newcastle United 1 - 0 QPR - 22/12/12 - post-match reaction from page 27

Mike

Game of two sort-of-halves. We kept it on the deck for the first hour and didn't look like scoring because we didn't have the players.

Shola came on, we played it long, and though it didn't look pretty, we got the ball into the dangerous areas, and we at least played with a bit of aggression.

I don't know why, when we're playing at home against a team in the relegation zone, we play with two DMs - three if you count Anita.

Krul - 6. Nowt to do, typically slow and erratic distribution.

Simpson - 6. Alright.

Williamson - 6. Won a few important headers but his tackling is a fucking joke, man. He's a bull in a China shop and it's dangerous.

Coloccini - 7. Comfortable.

Santon - 6. Don't think he contributed anything, but not a bad performance.

Perch - 5. Gash.

Tiote - 5. Stupid and gash.

Anita - 7. Played too far up the pitch, but was vital in those last 15 minutes. Some great tackling.

Cisse - 6. Worked his fucking bollocks off. Some nice footwork here and there. The lad does the best he can in that ridiculous position.

Ba - 5. Fairly pants, barely in it really.

Jonas - 5. Rubbish. Ball bounced off him.

So relieved to scrape that win, although I thought we were alright. QPR made it hard to get through, so twinkletoes Ameobi had to save the day.

Fair play to Pardew, after 80mins I was asking for his head on a pole this Christmas but his substitutions won the match, technically.

That'll keep us ticking over for the next few games :thup: Gonna fuel up on alcohol to celebrate!

A starting midfield at home against a truly woeful side of Anita, Tiote and Perch is negative as fuck. Why not put Marveaux in to add some guile? You've still got Anita and Tiote to do the donkey work.

He has to drop one of Cisse or Ba, its not working so no point persisting with it. Push Marveux as a front 3 if yr not going to play im in midfield

Thought Colo had Taraabt in his back pocket won the ball nearly everytime it was 1 on 1. Think you're a bit harsh on Santon Yorkie, he carried the ball well and always offered something going forward.

Thank f*** for that!!!

Scary how little quality we lack in midfield, which cost us more than anything today.  What can't be glossed over is that nearly the entire game was spent with us attacking and in their half.  They were extremely poor.  If we had a fully fit XI in last seasons 4-3-3 I reckon we could have taken them apart.  I still think they'll go down.

I must admit I was one of those infuriated by AP's decision to take Cisse off for Shola but it evidently worked.

What did infuriate me was Ba taking our set pieces.  Came nowhere near scoring yet we still went with it.  Marveaux seemed to give us a new lease of life and some pace.  No way on earth shod he even consider starting Jonas again.

A starting midfield at home against a truly woeful side of Anita, Tiote and Perch is negative as f***. Why not put Marveaux in to add some guile? You've still got Anita and Tiote to do the donkey work.

He has to drop one of Cisse or Ba, its not working so no point persisting with it. Push Marveux as a front 3 if yr not going to play im in midfield

Cos he is shit scared to do that.

Guest tollemache

Just seen some highlights...chuffed. Thought it was Ba scoring at first, which I suppose is a compliment to Shola.

Didn't really see enough to get a sense for how the game went though. Comprehensive highlights are tricky to come by on sun-drenched Mexican beaches  :coolsmiley:

Thought Colo had Taraabt in his back pocket won the ball nearly everytime it was 1 on 1. Think you're a bit harsh on Santon Yorkie, he carried the ball well and always offered something going forward.

Aye, thought Santon was very good today tbh. Didn't have a whole lot to do defensively, he did snuff out one dangerous break QPR had in the first half though.

Going forward he looked one of the most likely of our lot to make something happen and ultimately the goal came from a good run infield that he made. Given that he had Jonas standing next to him, adding nothing of note and in fact hindering the play more often than not,  all day I don't think Santon could really have done a lot more.

Guest malandro

Deserved win imo. We didn't create alot, but we were the better side for 90mins.

Pardew is one lucky f***er.

more like QPR did not deserve anything, they were shocking and we were slightly less shocking.

FYP

Guest neesy111

Deserved win imo. We didn't create alot, but we were the better side for 90mins.

Pardew is one lucky f***er.

more like QPR did not deserve anything, they were shocking and we were slightly less shocking.

FYP

Poor from Harry to come looking for a point time wasting from the off would be pissed off if I was a QPR fan. Loads of good possession from us without a real cutting edge, thought Tiote was MUCH better today he kept it simple its when he is at his best. Felt sorry for Cisse mind tough playing wide right even though they did switch around a little and Ba looked just as dangerous when he went wide left.

Marv has to replace Jonas no matter if its 4-3-3 or 4-4-2.

In pub after game, was sat behind the goal at leazes end which was nice for the goal, few thoughts

We deserved the win out of controlling the game as they were dire, we were until the subs were made completely blunt, our attacking 3 aren't functioning and our midfield is too defensive minded.

Oh well, very important 3 points hard won, we may have been poor but may build confidence again. Qpr are awful.

Guest bimpy474

By the by, i like the forum best after this sort of game. We've been shite and there's plenty to talk about; if we play shite and lose i'm far too depressed to talk about it.

Aye and i can't play FM if we lose.