Man United 4 - 3 Newcastle United - 26/12/12 - post-match sobfest from page 50

Dave

What makes it harder to take is that we were the ones winning three times. It's not like we were threatening to snatch a draw, for much of the match we were on to win.

As a unit, the defense was absolutely decrepit in that second half. We were begging for them to score for much of the second half, tbh. Taking both strikers off (one of them for a fucking League 1 player) did absolutely nowt to help them out and tbh i did think it was inevitable they were going to nick it. The defenders we have weren't good enough to hold out. We've scored three, were in the lead three times, and still lost. Pride and effort aside, that fucking stinks regardless of the opposition.

Just laughing off Fergie's behaviour on SSN, and suggesting it's a reason for their resilience. No wonder f*** all gets done about it and players and others find it acceptable.

The pundits in this country are sponges. Most are ex-players who are too dull to contribute any real insight, knowledge or opinion. They're paid millions to carry like one of the lads and spew the usual cliched garbage they've copied off one of their own. Money for old rope.

The most ridiculous thing is we had to play on with 10 men while they walked off with 11.

Ferguson should have been sent off and so should Valencia. At any other ground in the country this would have happened.

Yep, and that's the real reason behind Fergie's antics - it intimidates the officials, and even if it only puts a seed of doubt or tinge of fear into them, it will end up working to Man Utd's favour when it comes to certain decisions. The Valencia tackle is a perfect example of this in action.

The most ridiculous thing is we had to play on with 10 men while they walked off with 11.

Ferguson should have been sent off and so should Valencia. At any other ground in the country this would have happened.

:thup: Two footed studs up tackle. Definitely added plenty of insult to injury.

Fergie reckons they deserved to win.

Do you think you deserved to win? Serious question.

We led 3 times.

And never looked comfortable. As a neutral, it was a wonderful football match - you could make a case for any result (nicked victory for us/nicked victory for them/a draw) being 'deserved'.

Guest firetotheworks

The way I see it, I expected us to get battered and play badly and neither happened.

I expected at 2-3 that they would be the same spawny cunts that they have been for 20 years and win.

The latter is a much 'better' loss for us long term. I think we'll be disappointed but really encouraged by that.

hit the woodwork twice, had more shots on target and were ahead three times in the game. A win for us would not have been out of the realms of possibility.

We led 3 times.

And never looked comfortable. As a neutral, it was a wonderful football match - you could make a case for any result (nicked victory for us/nicked victory for them/a draw) being 'deserved'.

Marveaux hit the bar, Sammeobi hit the post. We had countless chances. For Ferguson to say his team deserved to win is flat out lying.

We led 3 times.

:thup: A draw would've been fair. I think the shift in scorelines reflected the fact that we won the first half, they won the second.

I think on the balance of things, your lot being top and us being shit, add to that the fact that we haven't won there for some 30 years, we did deserve the win today. We've not played this well at OT probably since we lost 5-3 a few years ago. Played better today than we did last year when we got the draw imo. Completely dominated the midfield.

We led 3 times.

Marveaux hit the bar, Sammeobi hit the post. We had countless chances. For Ferguson to say his team deserved to win is flat out lying.

They had shitloads of chances too. :lol:

It's barely worth discussing, as i say. The draw would've been the fairest result - but as Ian says, they didn't have several sub-league players in the side (or a manager who felt two sub-league players wasn't quite enough...)

Guest bimpy474

Still feel like i've just bumped into the girl who broke my heart.

Anyone know what i mean....right in the pit of the stomach.

I think on the balance of things, your lot being top and us being shit, add to that the fact that we haven't won there for some 30 years, we did deserve the win today. We've not played this well at OT probably since we lost 5-3 a few years ago. Played better today than we did last year when we got the draw imo. Completely dominated the midfield.

Aye I put a post in at some stage in the second half about you being on Duracell. Terrific energy from the midfield. Though Bigirimana made himself very busy but he gave the ball away almost every time he tried anything but a simple pass. Anita was class.

All of our best opportunities came in the last ten minutes (RVP header, Hernandez off the post). I think everyone was just shattered.