Man United 4 - 3 Newcastle United - 26/12/12 - post-match sobfest from page 50

Dave

If nothing else, today we've shown that we can play the ball on the deck and play good football while getting a few goals, hopefully we'll play that way again. 

Our defence is awful but that shouldn't be a surprise to anybody.

Manu - in a pure footballing sense - deserve credit for not falling flat after we kept nicking in front. As deplorable as certain individuals were for them today (namely the manager), that game and result comes straight out of the Champions handbook. I'll be astonished if they don't win the league.

If nothing else, today we've shown that we can play the ball on the deck and play good football while getting a few goals, hopefully we'll play that way again. 

Our defence is awful but that shouldn't be a surprise to anybody.

Only conceded two more than we have. Should just abandon the defence and swap Williamson for Shola.

I really hope today is a bit of a watershed moment for Pardew and he realises that we can have a go at teams and score goals etc if we set up correctly. So many positives for us to take / the likes of Mick to ignore from today.

Don't mean to take the silver lining off this but because we've been utter s**** for all this season so far and we were expecting to get a right shafting today which didn't happen....bottom line is we've still come away with hee-haw. 

Bit unfair, Williamson will be with us until he is sold/given away.

I really hope today is a bit of a watershed moment for Pardew and he realises that we can have a go at teams and score goals etc if we set up correctly. So many positives for us to take / the likes of Mick to ignore from today.

We still lost though, I just hope he can see beyond that.

Guest bimpy474

Still feel like i've just bumped into the girl who broke my heart.

Anyone know what i mean....right in the pit of the stomach.

...and the feeling that you just want to give her a fucking punch in the face.

Err yes-ish :lol:

Don't mean to take the silver lining off this but because we've been utter s**** for all this season so far and we were expecting to get a right shafting today which didn't happen....bottom line is we've still come away with hee-haw. 

Bit unfair, Williamson will be with us until he is sold/given away.

That's cos he's secretly Bike Mike's love child.

That is a fair point...seems strange he'd go to Old Trafford with a valid plan of attack when we went to St. Marys with the exact mirror image. Hope he can follow up with a similar performance at the Library.

We still lost though, I just hope he can see beyond that.

Aye, that's what I was getting at. If we'd won (or even drawn tbh) there would be no question he'd pick up on that sort of thinking. I hope he does remember how good Man U are and realise that a performance like that would likely win us the game at a canter in about a dozen of the places we have to visit away from home this season.

There's absolutely no chance of an English CL winner this season like. I'd put Man U about 10th favourite.

Real will probably put about 7 past us over two legs. We're capable of doing the same to them mind. Barca will bum us eventually no matter how far we get.

Still feel like i've just bumped into the girl who broke my heart.

Anyone know what i mean....right in the pit of the stomach.

...and the feeling that you just want to give her a fucking punch in the face.

:lol: :lol:

There's absolutely no chance of an English CL winner this season like. I'd put Man U about 10th favourite.

Real will probably put about 7 past us over two legs. We're capable of doing the same to them mind. Barca will bum us eventually no matter how far we get.

Now that you mention it watching Barca shit all over your team every time you play them is quite a healer for every one who has had to suffer Man Utd over the years.

I can see the positives and the negatives, we played well and were let down by our defence and I disagree with taking our best 2 forwards off, strangely Man u were ahead once and that was after Ba and Cisse had both gone off.

Barca?  Why they're my team,like. Always been a fan, loved Fawlty Towers especially Manuel. Remember watching an old European match as a kid...even though I had a black and white telly, I was totally transfixed by Barcelona's strip...suppose I'm lucky really I wasn't watching Crystal Palace.