Arsenal 7 - 3 Newcastle United - 29/12/12 - post-match reaction from page 55

Dave

I've thought long and hard about it and I'd rather have won 1-0 than to have lost 7-4.

:lol: No s***. f***ing hell. What an utter div.

I think/ hope he was taking the p*ss IP.

Yeah, a dig at those who say we would prefer to lose 4-3 than win 1-0.

:lol: Who says that?

Mackems say we say it.

We always chuck it up the line. Regardless of where we are.

It's a hit and hope it goes out so we get another throw.

Up the line is usually the safest option, that's why most teams do it with throw ins in defensive positions.

Simpson just didn't throw it hard / long enough or wait until players were in position for it to be safe to throw it down the line because he is thick as fuck.

:lol: I'll take that as dumber than me then, but I can't tell if it's a compliment. I might be slightly less thick than fuck, but still pretty fucking thick. These things are so difficult to judge. I would have gone with not throwing it directly to an opposing player when your defence is all over the place and you are standing on the fucking touchline, personally. On the plus side, today's nearly over and we can heal overnight. :)

Guest palnese

We had 56% possession.

Tiote passed the ball 99 times today. More than any other player from an away side at Emirates this season.

We lost , we lost bad! pain to watch it with two Arsenal supporters.

At the same time, i am a bit proud. We did at least try. Arsenal scored on almost all they got.

It was better then the matches against Swansea,  Wham etc.

We will get a decent position at the end,

Simpson should never play again (for us). Waste. 

next is Everton

http://i.imgur.com/ZRSJU.gif

Good night.

We are playing well going forward, but just lack that final ball at times. Defensively we are f***ing awful at the moment, and they say we practice defending 4 days a week.

A silk purse from a sow's ear you cannot make...no matter HOW many hours are spent training.

This was a disgrace but it summed up the side....the forwards and m/f did a good job until the ever-solid back line let them down once too often and they lost heart in the final 20 mins.

Pardew - once again - compounded all this by removing Bigirimana AGAIN, and our m/f fell apart...Arsenal, refreshed by Giroud coming on, duly poured into the gaps and rubbed our noses in it well and truly.

It defied belief that Simpson repeated his throw in error of this fixture last season which cost us that game...it probably did again this time because a goal against us was the result of his sloppy throw-in which gave Arsenal possession. The only slight mitigation was

the lack of movement to give him clear alternatives but that is no excuse.

Tiote was a disaster, and looks to be playing for a move...obviously been told to play poorly so that someone like the old idiot at OT can sign him cheaply. I would NOT play him in the first team once Anita is fit to play alongside Bigi who I thought was immense for his age....he certainly didn't deserve to go off.

Marveaux had another excellent game and hauled us back into it twice...his brilliant cross for Ba and his own goal at the far post. Didn't deserve to be on the losing side and Obertan also caused them problems with his direct running.

Santon had a dire game where everything he did went pear-shaped and this, added to the uncertainty by Perch - good in m/f not a CD - and Simpson gave Colo a very busy afternoon.

As a fan of around 50 years standing, I can only recall us losing by 7 goals once...in a LC game at OT in 1976 and it was a bit of a fluke...this was partly self-inflicted and the club is in a huge mess now.

They have let down the most loyal supporters in English football badly and none of those in charge should be anywhere NEAR Newcastle United after their shoddy and cheapskate policies.

I don't care what anyone says...Pardew is not fit to manage us and he is simply reverting to type...the sad fact is that those running the club could not get a better replacement and that, as much as any transfer non-dealings, illustrates just how our standing in the game has fallen.

No good trying to use these hard fixtures as an excuse...they know we have to play these sides and their policies have ensured that we have sent teams there likely to be taken apart at the back - we have failed to beat teams we should be beating and that is where the trouble lies, not losing at Man U or Arsenal, but the manner of surrender at the Emirates was a spit in the eye for every NUFC fan.

Even if the owner and his shill decide to buy some players, we are in a poor position to recruit...other teams know we are in a mess and will demand a premium price which will cause Ashley to back down, thus illustrating the foolishness of his summer tight-wad antics...any decent players will be reluctant to join a relegation-threatened side too, and the suggestion of someone like Lescott on loan is probably as good as we'll get, but we all know what the board think about loans...

Even with Taylor, Cabaye and HBA back, we face a torrid last 4 months of the season now.

To be fair Merlin, we only lost by three goals, not seven.

To be fairer, I can understand why the air went out of our team at 5-3. At 4-3 it seemed like we were as close to 4-4 as 5-3, granted I watched the game at a christmas dinner with alcohol, on my phone. The result did not reflect the game, although the team seriously need to have a good look at the defensive performances the last games.

If we keep up the performances we have had the last two games, I think we will climb the table faster than most would think.

To be fairer, I can understand why the air went out of our team at 5-3. At 4-3 it seemed like we were as close to 4-4 as 5-3, granted I watched the game at a christmas dinner with alcohol, on my phone. The result did not reflect the game, although the team seriously need to have a good look at the defensive performances the last games.

If we keep up the performances we have had the last two games, I think we will climb the table faster than most would think.

:thup:

I have seen at least some guts to go for it now, after the loss for Southampton/Wham/Swansea i was just lost, angry and frustrated.

Now we try at least.

I was actually starting to get used to having a solid-if-not-spectacular backline that I didn't worry about every time the ball went near them like I used to in the mid-2000s when the likes of Bramble and Ramage were starting week-in/week-out.  That's all out the window now though.

Guest diddimz

Not sure if it's been mentioned but we looked exhausted in the final 10 minutes, like a busy week had caught up witha us, while arsenals time off over Christmas they still looked like they had a lot more in their tank at the end of the game.

Oh and fuck Walcott.

Guest malandro

We lost by four goals and got what our performance deserved. All this we played well until we got tired is another in a long line of excuses wheeled out by AP to divert attention away from the truth. Arsenal had better players, a better game plan, a better manager and a better squad. This is why we got thrashed, not a tube strike.

Our improved attacking / disastrous defending over the last two games is two sides of the same coin.

Guest neesy111

How manyish Toon fans were there?

I ask this because my mate seems to think Coventry had the biggest away following in the country yesterday with 4500 at MK Dons.

3k is maximum you get in PL at Arsenal.