Arsenal 7 - 3 Newcastle United - 29/12/12 - post-match reaction from page 55

Dave

To be fair Merlin, we only lost by three goals, not seven.

To be fairer, I can understand why the air went out of our team at 5-3. At 4-3 it seemed like we were as close to 4-4 as 5-3, granted I watched the game at a christmas dinner with alcohol, on my phone. The result did not reflect the game, although the team seriously need to have a good look at the defensive performances the last games.

If we keep up the performances we have had the last two games, I think we will climb the table faster than most would think.

We lost by four goals and got what our performance deserved. All this we played well until we got tired is another in a long line of excuses wheeled out by AP to divert attention away from the truth. Arsenal had better players, a better game plan, a better manager and a better squad. This is why we got thrashed, not a tube strike.

Our improved attacking / disastrous defending over the last two games is two sides of the same coin.

really can't agree that that performance deserved to lose by 4 goals.

Quick transcript of Warren Barton on Fox

It's a disgrace. Looking at that performance, the fullbacks, the way they defended, they should get their money out of their pockets and give it to them fans that have travelled down. That's a disgrace. Look at the desire, commitment. Don't worry about being tired. I'm not having 'being tired'. This is disgraceful. You said it, they gave up. They can't give up, not in this league, not when you're playing Arsenal. (So what is the key for Pardew?) No, not Pardew, look at the players. The players can take the easy way out and talk about the coach. I've heard Demba Ba say he doesn't like the system. Play for the club. You get paid to play, don't do it. Don't give a performance like that.

Guest nufc_89

The first 80 minutes  :thup:

The last 10 minutes  :thdn:

Despite controlling large parts of the first 80 minutes our defence still was extremely shaky when Arsenal attacked we got under pressure.

The first 80 minutes  :thup:

The last 10 minutes  :thdn:

Despite controlling large parts of the first 80 minutes our defence still was extremely shaky when Arsenal attacked we got under pressure.

Oh, defensively we were a fucking shambles the entire game. No doubt about that. Simpson and Santon were abject however considering that our problem this season has, up until this point, been creating and converting chances I was quite impressed at how well Marv, Obertan and Ba played.

Am seething with this "Tired" crap. Strange how it's just OUR players.

It IS an excuse, and a bad one at that.

Pardew already started this with his Europa Cup thing before a ball was kicked.

Give a footballer an excuse for underperforming and they'll use it (and boy, do some of our players use this one)

Am seething with this "Tired" crap. Strange how it's just OUR players.

It IS an excuse, and a bad one at that.

Pardew already started this with his Europa Cup thing before a ball was kicked.

Give a footballer an excuse for underperforming and they'll use it (and boy, do some of our players use this one)

tbf- our players were the only ones who had a seven goal thriller at man utd away , then went to play a good arsenal side away who had boxing day off. lets keep a bit of perspective.

Tired in comparison to Arsenal, I don't see how that can be up for debate? They didn't play for a week, we'd played 90 minutes on a heavy pitch 3 days earlier. If we had more depth it wouldn't be a problem but that doesn't mean the players aren't tired. They clearly had energy but ran out of steam in the last 20

Guest neesy111

Fatigue/Tiredness did happen but a certain number of players heads dropped in the last 10 minutes as well which their is no excuse for.  Santon and Simpson in particular.

Quick transcript of Warren Barton on Fox

It's a disgrace. Looking at that performance, the fullbacks, the way they defended, they should get their money out of their pockets and give it to them fans that have travelled down. That's a disgrace. Look at the desire, commitment. Don't worry about being tired. I'm not having 'being tired'. This is disgraceful. You said it, they gave up. They can't give up, not in this league, not when you're playing Arsenal. (So what is the key for Pardew?) No, not Pardew, look at the players. The players can take the easy way out and talk about the coach. I've heard Demba Ba say he doesn't like the system. Play for the club. You get paid to play, don't do it. Don't give a performance like that.

He's right to an extent, but i still think we played terrific.

To be fair Merlin, we only lost by three goals, not seven.

To be fairer, I can understand why the air went out of our team at 5-3. At 4-3 it seemed like we were as close to 4-4 as 5-3, granted I watched the game at a christmas dinner with alcohol, on my phone. The result did not reflect the game, although the team seriously need to have a good look at the defensive performances the last games.

If we keep up the performances we have had the last two games, I think we will climb the table faster than most would think.

We lost by four goals and got what our performance deserved. All this we played well until we got tired is another in a long line of excuses wheeled out by AP to divert attention away from the truth. Arsenal had better players, a better game plan, a better manager and a better squad. This is why we got thrashed, not a tube strike.

Our improved attacking / disastrous defending over the last two games is two sides of the same coin.

really can't agree that that performance deserved to lose by 4 goals.

Right, 4 goals, sorry :lol:

My point was not that they played well until they got tired. Point being that when Arsenal went 5-3, they mentally gave up after fighting back three times which I can understand.

Guest pintofscottsellers

Had to drink myself into oblivion last night after that defeat, was a harsh feeling remembering the score when i woke up. Am i correct remembering that it was 4-3 on 85 minutes? only Newcastle could implode and concede three goals in 10 minutes, it's becoming a chore supporting us again, hopefully losing Ba will do us wonders (as daft as that sounds).