Arsenal 7 - 3 Newcastle United - 29/12/12 - post-match reaction from page 55

Dave

Guest Slippery Sam

can you remember the 7-2 man utd? when it was.?

Mid to late 70's, I missed that one.

My brain is telling me it was a midweek League Cup game. Then again, my brain is addled!

its up the page- newstead posted it.

Thanks.  My brain isn't too bad after all.  Something tells me I might have the goals on a dvd (from VHS) somewhere.

My brain is telling me it was a midweek League Cup game. Then again, my brain is addled!

Thanks.  My brain isn't too bad after all.  Something tells me I might have the goals on a dvd (from VHS) somewhere.

Burn it.

So just got back from the pub, a group of City fans took pity on me and bought me a couple of pints so stayed longer than I really should have.

What can I say about the game then? The last 20 minutes were horrific, embarrassing and humiliating. We capitulated very badly and whilst I am one who likes to look at the positives, I can't really bring myself to do so this time round because of those 20 minutes there. It's all well and good to say that we played well for 70 minutes (which is fair enough, we more than matched them up until their 4th goal) but what we witnessed tonight was another shambolic defensive performance. We're getting there attacking-wise but our defence is progressively getting worse.

If tonight doesn't prompt Ashley to spend some fucking money on a defender, then nothing will. A new CB/RB is an absolute must next month. It really is time for the Ashley/Llambias to hold their hands and admit that the transfer policy is massively flawed (I realise that such a statement is worthy of a Yao face).

What a demoralising evening.

Guest Slippery Sam

Burn it.

Ha ha.  No point really.  After that result and the subsequent inclusion of it in the "go left, right, left" song, it's burnt into my soul (and, I would suggest, part of our club's folklore?).

Burn it.

Ha ha.  No point really.  After that result and the subsequent inclusion of it in the "go left, right, left" song, it's burnt into my soul (and, I would suggest, part of our club's folklore?).

remember this chant?

' we hate Man U . cos they beat us 7-2'

Burn it.

remember this chant?

That's what he's on about.

Burn it.

remember this chant?

That's what he's on about.

ah- didnt know how it went - just remember that in the old leazes.

Walcott's second and third in particular are f***ing unbelievably bad. c***s just stood watching.

They're tired man. Boo hoo.

Fact is, it's a poor excuse. The last couple of goals they literally couldn't gave up.

Dat throw in  :anguish:

This annoyed me so much. Our throw-ins a few years ago, pre-relegation, were so shit, throw to a teammate, get it back, miscontrol it, give them a throw-in. Simpson had options, the worst of which was what he actually did. Wtf? He did the same a few times, just chuck it up the line. Don't know if this is under orders so we gain a few yards, but this isn't NFL, you're risking exactly what happened every time. And from the ESPN camera angle you could see it wasn't going to work, so he's either dumber than me or had been told to do it. :dontknow: