Brighton vs Newcastle United (FA Cup 3rd Rd) - 05/01/13 @ 12.30pm (live on ITV1)

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Christ, Fergie's gone from starting in the first team to not starting for a majority second 11.

Abeid further forward is something I'm interested to see

I'm guessing Debuchy won't be starting the next game, and we'll see Fergie - Santon? :/

Just seems like people like complaining for the sake of it these days, it was never going to be full strength and Shola was always going to start given the options. I'm more concerned about the movement of CMS against Williamson.

Completely understandable line up given our current predicament.

We didn't have to play shola up front, that's my only real problem with the starting 11.

Who would you have played? Ranger or Campbell?

I would have both of them over him today. Just to try something new.

Yeah, we've been crying out for 4-4-2.

Not what I meant.

Ranger can't score goals and everybody hates him because he's a cunt. Start him over Shola.

Campbell is 18 and has about 10 minutes of first team football to his name. Get a grip.

Is Ferguson injured again?  Not a chance Sammy should be ahead of him.

Why not? With the formation we are playing Sammy is better placed than Ferguson as he can play a wide forward on either the right of the left. Ferguson can only play down the left and doesn't have enough in his game to play as a wide forward.

Who would you have played? Ranger or Campbell?

Ranger and Campbell would both be better choices so yes.

I just think that's a ridiculous statement. Sorry.

On evidence of the last 13 years, I think many strikers tend to do better than Shola in most games they play. Don't see many reasons for these two not to be one of those. Campbell might be too small and has no experience, but I'd rather try someone with pace up front than that lumbering excuse. Same goes for Ranger, at least he puts himself about.

I'll trust what I've seen from Shola for the last 12 years to form an opinion, thanks.

Well granted he's not a genius but he had a decent record in the Championship. Wanting to start Campbell in this is just mental, and Ranger, whilst more mobile, is only in the squad as needs must, he has no future with us.

I'll trust what I've seen from Shola for the last 12 years to form an opinion, thanks.

Well granted he's not a genius but he had a decent record in the Championship. Wanting to start Campbell in this is just mental, and Ranger, whilst more mobile, is only in the squad as needs must, he has no future with us.

Decent record in the Championship goes for an awful lot of very mediocre strikers.

I'm just done watching him. That's all.

Shola, Shola Shola, Shola Shola, Shola Ameobi, Sammy, Sammy Sammy, Sammy Sammy, sammy Ameobi.

Both of you, f*** off.

Absolute clown

Decent record in the Championship goes for an awful lot of very mediocre strikers.

I'm just done watching him. That's all.

Yes well, fortunately we're playing a Championship team. If you're done watching him, you may as well support somebody else as he's going to be around for a while yet.