Brighton vs Newcastle United (FA Cup 3rd Rd) - 05/01/13 @ 12.30pm (live on ITV1)

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest malandro

Good chance to get our first away win of the season.

Had yer horses... Pardew is getting his favourite excuse for failure in early again.

“I look at where it’s scheduled and it makes it difficult, especially having played a night later (than Brighton).."

Good chance to get our first away win of the season.

Had yer horses... Pardew is getting his favourite excuse for failure in early again.

“I look at where it’s scheduled and it makes it difficult, especially having played a night later (than Brighton).."

:lol: Never misses an opportunity.

It's beer o'clock! :anguish:

Guest Slippery Sam

I've already written this off as a loss tbh - whether we have a full strength side out or not.

I wonder if B&HA played midweek, as we did, or have had the full week off?

Guest Roger Kint

Come on boys, no reason we should fear losing here. I'm ready and raring to go, catch you all on the other side!

The way some carry on they fear winning as it stops their bleating for a few days :lol:

Come on boys, no reason we should fear losing here. I'm ready and raring to go, catch you all on the other side!

The way some carry on they fear winning as it stops their bleating for a few days :lol:

I think there's just some fans are never happy unless they're moaning about something - there's this one bloke in our local is literally never satisfied, even when we win he'll complain about the performance and analyse every individual error. Even the day we beat the mackems 5-1 he spent the rest of the night complaining about not keeping a clean sheet and how we should've scored more!  :lol:

Marv is the key man today. He can unlock their defence.

Really hope we start the game with some tempo and impose ourselves as the Premier League side. Will be really disappointed if our appetite and desire isn't palpable from the off - equal to, or greater than, Brighton's. Fans deserve that much.

Really hope we start the game with some tempo and impose ourselves as the Premier League side. Will be really disappointed if our appetite and desire isn't palpable from the off - equal to, or greater than, Brighton's. Fans deserve that much.

I'm not bothered what happens today as long as we don't get a replay, that said, it's easy for me to say I'm not bothered because I've invested nothing in the game.  I hope we slaughter Brighton for those who have travelled because I know how bad it feels to travel distances for nothing.

I used to set off for most away games early Saturday morning when the nightclubs closed and would get back on a Sunday morning because we would find a nightclub on the Saturday night before travelling back home.  It was always a good weekend, usually in spite of the football as the games were rarely memorable, especially after so much alcohol had been consumed.

Thinking about it, I don’t know how our bodies survived as we’d drink from 6pm on the Friday until 2am on the Saturday.  Drive to the game in a car with a boot full of beer and go to the first pub we could find at 11am and drink until we went to the match.  I remember once when it took us 8 hours to drive to Norwich as we went down in 2 cars and probably stopped every 10 minutes on the motorway for somebody to have a piss.  We would drink at some grounds but not many actually sold beer to away fans so we were sometimes dry until the pubs opened again at 6pm on the Saturday.  Then we would be drinking until 2am on the Sunday when we would finally drive home without any beer.

Rather lose than a replay.. What a load of s***.

I'd rather win a league game than a cup game in our current position, we don't need any more games than we already have so I don't want a replay.  If I had the choice of winning one of Brighton or Norwich and losing the other, I'd take a loss this weekend while still preferring to win.

Guest hatem garrincha

I'm not bothered what happens today as long as we don't get a replay, that said, it's easy for me to say I'm not bothered because I've invested nothing in the game.  I hope we slaughter Brighton for those who have travelled because I know how bad it feels to travel distances for nothing.

I used to set off for most away games early Saturday morning when the nightclubs closed and would get back on a Sunday morning because we would find a nightclub on the Saturday night before travelling back home.  It was always a good weekend, usually in spite of the football as the games were rarely memorable, especially after so much alcohol had been consumed.

Thinking about it, I don’t know how our bodies survived as we’d drink from 6pm on the Friday until 2am on the Saturday.  Drive to the game in a car with a boot full of beer and go to the first pub we could find at 11am and drink until we went to the match.  I remember once when it took us 8 hours to drive to Norwich as we went down in 2 cars and probably stopped every 10 minutes on the motorway for somebody to have a p*ss.  We would drink at some grounds but not many actually sold beer to away fans so we were sometimes dry until the pubs opened again at 6pm on the Saturday.  Then we would be drinking until 2am on the Sunday when we would finally drive home without any beer.

:lol:

Hooligan Mick.

Thinking about it, I don’t know how our bodies survived as we’d drink from 6pm on the Friday until 2am on the Saturday.  Drive to the game in a car with a boot full of beer and go to the first pub we could find at 11am and drink until we went to the match.  I remember once when it took us 8 hours to drive to Norwich as we went down in 2 cars and probably stopped every 10 minutes on the motorway for somebody to have a piss.  We would drink at some grounds but not many actually sold beer to away fans so we were sometimes dry until the pubs opened again at 6pm on the Saturday.  Then we would be drinking until 2am on the Sunday when we would finally drive home without any beer.

Who was driving Mick?!

Thinking about it, I don’t know how our bodies survived as we’d drink from 6pm on the Friday until 2am on the Saturday.  Drive to the game in a car with a boot full of beer and go to the first pub we could find at 11am and drink until we went to the match.  I remember once when it took us 8 hours to drive to Norwich as we went down in 2 cars and probably stopped every 10 minutes on the motorway for somebody to have a p*ss.  We would drink at some grounds but not many actually sold beer to away fans so we were sometimes dry until the pubs opened again at 6pm on the Saturday.  Then we would be drinking until 2am on the Sunday when we would finally drive home without any beer.

Who was driving Mick?!

It changed by game so it wasn't always the same person who had to stay sober, I hated driving because a car full of drunken bastards singing all of the way to the game is no fun.  Being a brunken bastard and singing all of the way down was brilliant.