Norwich City vs Newcastle United - 12/01/13 @ 3pm (not on TV)

bowlingcrofty

I know most people will disagree but, Ferguson teams up up cisse nearly every time i've seen them on the pitch. IMO he should at least get a runout.

Think he should have had more opportunities on the left myself, gives proper width going forward with Santon cutting in quite often and a good crosser. Also tracks back well when we are under pressure and covers Santons runs.

I know most people will disagree but, Ferguson teams up up cisse nearly every time i've seen them on the pitch. IMO he should at least get a runout.

Think he should have had more opportunities on the left myself, gives proper width going forward with Santon cutting in quite often and a good crosser. Also tracks back well when we are under pressure and covers Santons runs.

Debuchy running up the right and Ferguson on the left, cant see anything wrong with that and both can cross, well i know Ferguson can unsure about Debuchy? cant be any worse then Simpson i suppose.

Debuchy running up the right and Ferguson on the left, cant see anything wrong with that and both can cross, well i know Ferguson can unsure about Debuchy? cant be any worse then Simpson i suppose.

Debuchy was the 2nd most accurate crosser of the ball in france last season.

Thing is Ferguson doesn't offer enough IMO as a forward so unless we are going 4-4-2 i find it pretty hard to find a place for him.

I would like to give Santon a rest considering his recent performances but Ferguson isn't exactly any more trust worthy in defence either.

I would like to see more minutes for him but find it hard to see where.

Guest Roger Kint

Krul

Debuchy Williamson Coloccini Santon

Anita Bigirimana Marveaux

Sammy Cisse Obertan

rather see that than have Jonas back but sadly think you will be right.

Krul

Debuchy Williamson Coloccini Santon

Anita Bigirimana Gutierrez

Marveaux Cisse Obertan

Pretty certain it'll be that.

Good shout. A fair few players who drift in and out of games in that line-up - particularly our front six. In a way, on this rare occasion, I don't think personnel or even tactics will be determinative of what result we get - I think it's about the motivation/belief that the team comes out with.

Fairly confident, that barring any monumentally big team selection clangers, that we'll send out a side with more quality than Norwich. Pardew needs to dig deep and inspire the team, making them believe they can win, make them believe they are favourites, make them put Norwich under pressure from the off - not vice versa.

Guest Consett_NUFC

Krul

Debuchy - Williamson - Colo - Santon

Anita - Cabaye - Bigi

Marvaux - Cisse - Obertan

Id like to see pards give that a try, maybe bring cabaye a bit further forward if were comfortable and keeping the ball alright. If cabaye isnt fit, put marv in for him and put jonas out on the wing. Bit more creativity in this line up which might create some goal scoring opportunities which weve been lacking so much this season.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/jan/08/yohan-cabaye-newcastle-injured

There was more bad news for Newcastle United on Tuesday when it emerged that Yohan Cabaye is unlikely to have recovered from a groin injury in time to return to Alan Pardew's team for their vital Premier League game at Norwich on Saturday.

With the Magpies having lost nine of their last 11 League games, Pardew, admits the club's season is "on a knife edge" and had hoped his France playmaker would be fit for the weekend. Newcastle's manager is also likely to be without Steven Taylor, who is struggling with a hamstring injury, at Carrow Road, as well as the similarly hamstrung Hatem Ben Arfa and the suspended Shola Ameobi.

While Ben Arfa is scheduled to return to action next month, Cabaye and Taylor had originally been pencilled in to face Chris Hughton's team but Pardew is not prepared to gamble on rushing them back too soon. "It's no good if someone plays one game and then is out for another five weeks," he said.

However, Mathieu Débuchy, the France right-back newly signed from Lille, will make his debut in Norfolk where Papiss Cissé and Fabricio Coloccini – missing for Saturday's FA Cup defeat at Brighton – should be fit to start. Jonás Gutiérrez, recently sidelined by a knee injury, may be included in the squad.

One piece of brighter news for Pardew – who remains hopeful of signing the Marseille striker Loïc Rémy – is that Nigeria will not be invoking any Fifa disciplinary procedures against Shola Ameobi or Newcastle after he ignored a call-up for the Africa Cup of Nations.

There was more bad news for Newcastle United on Tuesday when it emerged that Yohan Cabaye is unlikely to have recovered from a groin injury in time to return to Alan Pardew's team for their vital Premier League game at Norwich on Saturday.

With the Magpies having lost nine of their last 11 League games, Pardew, admits the club's season is "on a knife edge" and had hoped his France playmaker would be fit for the weekend. Newcastle's manager is also likely to be without Steven Taylor, who is struggling with a hamstring injury, at Carrow Road, as well as the similarly hamstrung Hatem Ben Arfa and the suspended Shola Ameobi.

While Ben Arfa is scheduled to return to action next month, Cabaye and Taylor had originally been pencilled in to face Chris Hughton's team but Pardew is not prepared to gamble on rushing them back too soon. "It's no good if someone plays one game and then is out for another five weeks," he said.

However, Mathieu Débuchy, the France right-back newly signed from Lille, will make his debut in Norfolk where Papiss Cissé and Fabricio Coloccini – missing for Saturday's FA Cup defeat at Brighton – should be fit to start. Jonás Gutiérrez, recently sidelined by a knee injury, may be included in the squad.

One piece of brighter news for Pardew – who remains hopeful of signing the Marseille striker Loïc Rémy – is that Nigeria will not be invoking any Fifa disciplinary procedures against Shola Ameobi or Newcastle after he ignored a call-up for the Africa Cup of Nations.

Brighter news.  :lol:

Brighter news.  :lol:

I know

Nigeria realise they'd actually be doing us a favour if they did take action.

Need to get hold of midfield, so i'd go

Krul

Debuchy  Willo    Colo    Santon

Bigi        Jonas

Anita        Marv    Obertan

Cisse

Krul

Bigi        Jonas

Cisse

Be plenty happy with that bar Magic Mike

Krul

Bigi        Jonas

Cisse

Not a bad shout... Think AP may swap around Anita & Jonas & Obertan though....

Krul

Bigi        Jonas

Cisse

About as good as we can line up at the moment.

Krul

Bigi        Jonas

Cisse

Not that I know your players that well, but that looks like a terribly inexperienced midfield.

Krul

Bigi        Jonas

Cisse

Not that I know your players that well, but that looks like a terribly inexperienced midfield.

:yao:

we know :(