Norwich City 0 - 0 Newcastle United - 12/01/13 - post-match reaction from pg 37

Dave

Genuine question:

What is it about this 0-0 point away to Norwich that's going to help us kick on (mentioned a few times and by Pards, himself)?

Is it just the fact we got a point away from home with no goals conceded?

Because we haven't kicked on from any wins (the few of them) this season. Why will we kick on from a 0-0 draw?

I'm guessing people believe it's the away point (which is fair enough).

I do, however, think we'll beat Reading next week.

In our last few fixtures we've conceded about 15 goals, to no concede any in an away game is a step forward.

Genuine question:

What is it about this 0-0 point away to Norwich that's going to help us kick on (mentioned a few times and by Pards, himself)?

Is it just the fact we got a point away from home with no goals conceded?

Because we haven't kicked on from any wins (the few of them) this season. Why will we kick on from a 0-0 draw?

I'm guessing people believe it's the away point (which is fair enough).

I do, however, think we'll beat Reading next week.

Would be nice to have 1 or 2 extra in by then.

Wonder if Saylor will be used for that one.

Guest firetotheworks

Im astounded that we weren't battered, which gives you an indication of what I think of the team set-up. Im grateful for the point on paper, but from the sound of it we did the usual; having our dick in them, but not having the balls to fuck.

Guest bimpy474

Im astounded that we weren't battered, which gives you an indication of what I think of the team set-up. Im grateful for the point on paper, but from the sound of it we did the usual; having our dick in them, but not having the balls to fuck.

We were more like buffalo bill with our joy department tucked in, twiddling nips was us today.

We just rubbed up against the perineum.

Sunderland have been on the whole pretty s**** this season and from what I've heard they didn't play for the "confidence boosting" point today.

They were at home.

I thought someone might mention this but the way we played today is the way we've been playing at home all season too.  it doesn't matter where we're playing.  If, and it's a bloody massive if in my humble opinion, we really go at Reading next weekend and put them to the sword then fair enough but hinging it all on HBA returning is a long shot.

I agree SM - it's a bit worrying so many are treating scraps as a main meal these days......

We desperately need an alternative to Cisse, one that will put a shift in and run the channels. I love the bloke but he's nothing but a poacher, he hasn't a clue what to do when we're on the backfoot.

Agree, we desperately need another option up front. FWIW I think we'll create some decent chances for him against Reading.

Sunderland have been on the whole pretty s**** this season and from what I've heard they didn't play for the "confidence boosting" point today.

They were at home.

I thought someone might mention this but the way we played today is the way we've been playing at home all season too.  it doesn't matter where we're playing.  If, and it's a bloody massive if in my humble opinion, we really go at Reading next weekend and put them to the sword then fair enough but hinging it all on HBA returning is a long shot.

I dont get this either tbh. HBA will come in an frustrate, waste possession and generally flatter but not produce enough imo. he is not the difference between this team and winning games.

Guest neesy111

Ben arfa won't turn around our season on his own.  That's the only attacking player we have to comeback.  So those keep saying players coming back will turn our season around need to get real.

A few thoughts.

Positive first. krul + defends was did well. we needed a clean sheet. cabaye back looked promising. got 1 point....at least.

Negative: everything else i guess. Good job keeping them from scoring but we hardly had a shot at their goal....a team who havent had a clean sheet since november. its norwich ffs.

Cisse must be frustrated as hell. soooooooooooo isolated. too much focus on defending.

Also obertan and jonas on wings doesn´t produce anything. jonas helps out defending....but obertan :rant:

cornes and free kicks is never seen worse...AT ALL. its unbelievable how poor we are. They are so important to us since we cant be a serious attacking treat in open play.

anitas new long ball style is a proper proof of pardew f.cking everything up. I do not believe in him anymore. I hate his football philosophy and im far from convinced it will ever change. Good players can be brought in....but it will be down to their individual talent to show us good attacking football, it will never be because of pardews ideas/tactics.

we have never looked so poor for so long before.

Ben arfa won't turn around our season on his own.  That's the only attacking player we have to comeback.  So those keep saying players coming back will turn our season around need to get real.

Its obviously going to help having a choice of players rather then having to play what you have because of injuries or lack of investment.

Given a choice would have have Ben arfa on the picth or orbertan?

Guest neesy111

Its obviously going to help having a choice of players rather then having to play what you have because of injuries or lack of investment.

I said he won't turn around our season.  Not whether he's better than Obertan which is a stupid question in the 1st place.

I said he won't turn around our season.  Not whether he's better than Obertan which is a stupid question in the 1st place.

Well having better players available in positions will help turn our season around.

Depends on the manager tho.

you cant seriously argue that he doesnt give the ball away,tries to beat one too many men, or that he produces his best every game- and that doesnt frustrate.? surely.  dont get me wrong- I think hes a wonderful talent- sometimes.