Moussa Sissoko

Skeletor
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Why can not once just try 4-3-1-2

Debuchy      Mbiwa      Colo        Santon

Cabaye        Anita      Sissoko

Ben Arfa

Cisse.          Remy/Gouffran

I know people don't like hatem in there, but it can't be worse than what we play atm. Plus it's mainly square pegs in square holes. Gives our maverick a chance to roam wide, switch with a midfielder or switch with remy/Gouffran, teams would hate that.

Ben Arfa

I know people don't like hatem in there, but it can't be worse than what we play atm. Plus it's mainly square pegs in square holes. Gives our maverick a chance to roam wide, switch with a midfielder or switch with remy/Gouffran, teams would hate that.

I'd agree but its quite obvious we are trying to sign a winger so that type of formation is nothing more than fantasy at this point.

With our current players it the best system I can see. as for cover for full backs, it's a coaching thing more than personnel. One of cabaye  and Anita, need to be coached that when a full back goes one of them fill the gap. Mainly Anita, but if he's I'm an advanced position it's cabaye's job. Then again pardew does the coaching and is not the fluid with it. So much unfulfilled potential in our side, it's frustrating to watch us play poor football.

With our current players it the best system I can see. as for cover for full backs, it's a coaching thing more than personnel. One of cabaye  and Anita, need to be coached that when a full back goes one of them fill the gap. Mainly Anita, but if he's I'm an advanced position it's cabaye's job. Then again pardew does the coaching and is not the fluid with it. So much unfulfilled potential in our side, it's frustrating to watch us play poor football.

no, they just have toi be aware whats happening and be in a position to cover it if necessary. some players do it naturally, some can be coached, some will never be able to do it.

no, they just have toi be aware whats happening and be in a position to cover it if necessary. some players do it naturally, some can be coached, some will never be able to do it.

IMO someone who has come from the Ajax system as a dm will know that for sure and I'm sure cabaye can be coached/told to do it. I've played a few games at dm in my 18 years of playing and was once told to cover either full back if they bomb on, no coaching just told and i do it. so someone getting paid thousands a week should be able to do the same. It's part of the dm role and part of your role as a midfielder in a central 3 with no wingers

IMO someone who has come from the Ajax system as a dm will know that for sure and I'm sure cabaye can be coached/told to do it. I've played a few games at dm in my 18 years of playing and was once told to cover either full back if they bomb on, no coaching just told and i do it. so someone getting paid thousands a week should be able to do the same. It's part of the dm role and part of your role as a midfielder in a central 3 with no wingers

thats all a bit football manager for me. each player should take up the optimum position for their team. if as a nominal DM and your full back attacks and you see a great opportunity to get forward you should do it and rely on your team mates to cover the full back. it's football, not chess.

Ben Arfa

Like to see that, but Parpoo just wont with his limited mind.

Also like to see

Krul

Cabaye                Sissoko

Marveaux

Ben Arfa        Cisse        Remy

Ben Arfa

would you not be tempted, with that team, to give ben arfa and remy more licence to roam, swaitching sides etc ?

Ben Arfa

would you not be tempted, with that team, to give ben arfa and remy more licence to roam, swaitching sides etc ?

The bit about our maverick is about Ben Arfa so yes, I would like him to do that.

Sissoko was terrible at AM apart from 3 tremendous games early doors.

He's more a wide man than an AM.

He's not either.

Yep he's a central midfielder who should be given license to get forward imo.

Should be the driving-force (or runner), of the one-two passing sequences (with a touch passer like Cabaye and/or when Ben Arfa drifts inside looking for the ball) through the middle.

I don't think he has a winger's trickery (on the dribble), to suck-in/draw-in & beat a defender/or fullback who is backpeddling ie. giving themselves a defensive cushion. Running the central corridor (getting into advanced positions with his pace & power, blowing past his man off-the-ball in passing moves involving one-twos etc) looks to be his forte.

It's a pity (due to the current management of the team) that when i look at Player X, i'm always thinking something like 'jeez, that player would be a perfect fit for Club Y'. Sissoko has been the prime subject the last few days, in light of how Pardew is using him. I think he'd be perfect for Arsenal - Wenger's midfield is a little top-heavy with passers/finesse CMs, and i think his strengths would compliment the likes of Arteta.

Managers like Wenger (whose management style on the training paddock is technique-based, and whose team ethos is all about fluidity between defense & attack, and vice versa) would be well advised to monitor Pardew's continued mismanagement of Sissoko. Moussa's body language didn't look good at the back-end of last season. Like a number of players, i don't think he believes in the manager's methods & tactical thinking & rigid/defensive mindset etc. In time (providing Pardew survives the chop, as the season progresses) we'll have a footballer in need of some drastic rehabilitation on the training paddock - you could argue that to be case now, and thus i think there's a potential gem for his next club. Anita falls into the same category imho. 

• 2 weeks later...

I think he was used correctly in the first half against City. Problem was that he had no one in front of him who could help him only Benny to his right. We had no balance in the squad. I think him and Tiote centrally and Marv infront of them is the best we can do right now. Haven't seen enough of Anita before arriving at our club and for us he's had very very few good moment.

Honestly thought he was one of the better performers against City, although he switched off badly for the opening goal (tends to be a problem with central midfielders in general though, not just Sissoko).

Needs to play the Diaby/Diame/Yaya role, basically, as a driving force from central midfield. This is what I assumed he was bought for in the first place.

If we're going to go down the 4-4-2 route it could work, if we play a version similar to the one City now use in particular.

He needs to reduce the frequency of his bursts, though, and play a more tactically astute game overall. It will come.

Guest icemanblue

I was happy to see him used centrally on Monday. His best position, for me, and based on what I've seen so far, is the 'driving force' of a midfield three. I don't think he's got the technique or passing range to be the refined option in a two man midfield. If Cabaye wasn't such a nasty man, I think that's how we would have played it.

Guest neesy111

Honestly thought he was one of the better performers against City, although he switched off badly for the opening goal (tends to be a problem with central midfielders in general though, not just Sissoko).

Needs to play the Diaby/Diame/Yaya role, basically, as a driving force from central midfield. This is what I assumed he was bought for in the first place.

If we're going to go down the 4-4-2 route it could work, if we play a version similar to the one City now use.

:thup:

If we're going to go down the 4-4-2 route it could work, if we play a version similar to the one City now use in particular.

He needs to reduce the frequency of his bursts, though, and play a more tactically astute game overall. It will come.

Yup.

Sounds good. Assuming Cabaye leaves and Tiote stays, do you expect Sissoko will be in a midfield two? Last season I always felt the 4-2-3-1 was just Pardew trying to squeeze everyone in. I'm not convinced he's astute enough for anything more than a 4-4-2 long term.

I noticed him shouting at team mates, which is a silver lining in any team.

Sick of players shrugging shoulders after poor play. From what ive seen, we seem far too quiet on the pitch.

Get him a striker capable of trapping and holding up play with good link up skills and his deep runs will pay off. We instantly lose the ball if given to Cisse when he's being covered and opposition counters and we're left exposed because Debuchy and Santon are pushed up as well.

Get him a striker capable of trapping and holding up play with good link up skills and his deep runs will pay off. We instantly lose the ball if given to Cisse when he's being covered and opposition counters and we're left exposed because Debuchy and Santon are pushed up as well.

Think that and an offensive midfielder with playmaking ability and that will also take some attention off him will help a lot.