Moussa Sissoko

Skeletor
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Powerful CM. He's not a defensive mid - he can't tackle very well at all. His best bet is to body and muscle someone off the ball by getting into the 1 v 1 duel and standing his opponent up. Any time he tries to go for a clean tackle he's usually beaten or, worse, putting in a U-14 slide tackle.

So any midfielders that don't go to ground and just body people off the ball. Dembele for instance is great at it.

I wonder if anyone has given him any pointers to try and do that more often, and put himself in position to do so.

I wonder if anyone has told him anything remotely useful since he came in.

When he looked his best earlier in the season, he was getting himself in front of the man and bodying' the man off the ball. It should be simple for any coach to see. A guy with that much strength and pace, should never be going to ground - he should be winning these battles by using his ridiculous upper body strength (who did he shoulder earlier this season? That bounced right off him?) and getting possession of the ball and BREAKING forward at pace.

He's a box to box CM next to a physical holding midfielder every day of the week. He played great for Toulousse b/c he had Capoue doing all the dirty work for him. He should do very well with Tiote doing a similar role for him.

Spot on analysis this.

Also, clearly Pardew hasn't recognised his strengths/weaknesses or at the least isn't telling him which to utilise/remove from his game.

Powerful CM. He's not a defensive mid - he can't tackle very well at all. His best bet is to body and muscle someone off the ball by getting into the 1 v 1 duel and standing his opponent up. Any time he tries to go for a clean tackle he's usually beaten or, worse, putting in a U-14 slide tackle.

So any midfielders that don't go to ground and just body people off the ball. Dembele for instance is great at it.

I wonder if anyone has given him any pointers to try and do that more often, and put himself in position to do so.

I wonder if anyone has told him anything remotely useful since he came in.

When he looked his best earlier in the season, he was getting himself in front of the man and bodying' the man off the ball. It should be simple for any coach to see. A guy with that much strength and pace, should never be going to ground - he should be winning these battles by using his ridiculous upper body strength (who did he shoulder earlier this season? That bounced right off him?) and getting possession of the ball and BREAKING forward at pace.

He's a box to box CM next to a physical holding midfielder every day of the week. He played great for Toulousse b/c he had Capoue doing all the dirty work for him. He should do very well with Tiote doing a similar role for him.

I know that Pardew is the devil but Sissoko should know how to use his body already, he has brains. The player has to carry some responsibility too, the tackle he tried was disgraceful and I won't blame Pardew for that.

He should be good next to Tiote, just wish he could control the ball consistently.

Guest DebuchyAndTheBeast

I thought he was one of best performers .  His final ball and decision making were dubious at times but against a 5 man midfield he put in a really big shift.

He was f**king s****

His end product maybe but he has a rare ability of turning defence into attack. He wasn't helped by the fact he was carrying Anita who is useless in a 442.

Guest reefatoon

I thought he was one of best performers .  His final ball and decision making were dubious at times but against a 5 man midfield he put in a really big shift.

He was f**king s****

His end product maybe but he has a rare ability of turning defence into attack. He wasn't helped by the fact he was carrying Anita who is useless in a 442.

Surely that isn't a problem.

http://lakers.topbuzz.com/modules/PNphpBB2/upload-pics/lakers/8851_ThunderdomeMasterBlaster_1.jpg

I'm not saying for 1 second that is the ideal midfield for me. I'm still a firm believer that Tiote has to play now that Cabaye is gone to have any bit of bite in the middle of the park and we need a creative player in the middle. The best we have is Sylvain and he's permabenched.

Guest bimpy474

Anita's been poor imo for a while now. I'd drop him against Villa and stick with 4-4-2 with Tiote Sissoko in the middle.

4-4-2, FFS, how many more games do you need to see at the moment to know that is suicidal for us at the moment. 4-3-3. Get De Jong down the middle, Remy and Ben Arfa either side.

But no you go with Pardew's utterly wank shit choice that saw us lose 0-3 to Sunderland and 0-4 to Tottenham.

Laughing and smiling while talking with Tottenham players in the centre circle after he'd just captained NUFC to pathetic a 0 - 4 home defeat didn't go down well with me.

Me neither, always hard to see players doing that. It doesn't happen quite a lot though, all over the world.

Anita's been poor imo for a while now. I'd drop him against Villa and stick with 4-4-2 with Tiote Sissoko in the middle.

4-4-2, FFS, how many more games do you need to see at the moment to know that is suicidal for us at the moment. 4-3-3. Get De Jong down the middle, Remy and Ben Arfa either side.

But no you go with Pardew's utterly wank shit choice that saw us lose 0-3 to Sunderland and 0-4 to Tottenham.

The only way our personnel makes sense is with a midfield 3. No combination we have available works in a two.

Vs Villa.

Anita    Tiote

Sissoko

Ben Arfa                      Gouffran

Remy.

Simple as that. You've got most of Pardew's old favourites in there, while playing everyone in positions they are comfortable with. Hell switch Gouff and Remy if you want to.

Guest bimpy474

The only way our personnel makes sense is with a midfield 3. No combination we have available works in a two.

Yep, unfortunately our manager, unweirdly Brett and some others think going 4-4-2 is sensible. Fuck a duck.

Laughing and smiling while talking with Tottenham players in the centre circle after he'd just captained NUFC to pathetic a 0 - 4 home defeat didn't go down well with me.

Me neither, always hard to see players doing that. It doesn't happen quite a lot though, all over the world.

Landmines happen all over the world, Ian.  You're supporting children being blown up.

Landmines happen all over the world, Ian.  You're supporting children being blown up.

:lol:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest bimpy474

And we can all see it, yet Pardew just can't. It shows what he really wants to play is a direct 4-4-2, and i hope the hell they don't let him choose players to but as that'll be the shit we see, even worse than now.