Moussa Sissoko

Skeletor
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest bimpy474

The slagging stops today. Immense.

When does it start again? Just so I can put it in the diary.

Fucking hell, what is this, you and Brett competing for night of the dumbass.

Guest Howaythetoon

His two goals aside and his running and work rate, he was still poor on the ball in the main, but he deserved those goals because he wanted to get forward. That second goal, its rare to see player start a move and just keep running all the way to the goal so for him to pick up the rebound and score was brilliant. Anyway, he was very good generally today it can't be denied.

Far better on the counter away where his physical attributes come to the fore rather than at home trying to break teams down where his limitations come to the fore. Cracking finish for the first like, couldn't have caught that any sweeter.

Wasn't someone on here saying he was absolutely useless on the ball and worse than Amdy Faye? I do hate some of the over top reactions some of our fans have to players.

Some even wrote off De Jong after two games where he was unfit and only playing due to Remy's suspension.

Guest Howaythetoon

Wasn't someone on here saying he was absolutely useless on the ball and worse than Amdy Faye? I do hate some of the over top reactions some of our fans have to players.

I know... cunts man!

He looked a handful today just a pity doesn't happen enough. The runs he makes at times are fantastic just wish he had a bit more technique at times to go with the power and pace. Although if he did then he would be like Toure and cost a lot more than he did

Guest Howaythetoon

If he could pass and control the ball, well, he'd be wearing the shirt of someone much greater than us I suppose.

Can he improve those areas of his game?

I was pissed off with one piece of his play today, he's on the right side of our pitch, at the half-way line, we have just made a good series of passes and Remy and de Jong are in good positions centrally, but quite deep. What does Sissoko do? He looks up, sees all 2ft of Anita up against their right-back some 30 or so yards ahead and actually plays a decent ball to him in that he gets on the end of it, but no-one was in their box and I think their 'keeper ended up collecting the ball from Anita's poor control. Either way it was a stupid ball to play though. Its like he saw he had two men ahead of him, Remy and de Jong had men around him so he looked long in hope. Always the sign of a limited footballer and unfortunately, Dummett plays similar balls, too many for my liking anyway.

Guest bimpy474

Best game for us, Chelsea debut aside.

Villa was his debut. :thup:

Agree though.

Of course it was  :thup:, that little slide pass for Cisse to score

If he could pass and control the ball, well, he'd be wearing the shirt of someone much greater than us I suppose.

I was pissed off with one piece of his play today, he's on the right side of our pitch, at the half-way line, we have just made a good series of passes and Remy and de Jong are in good positions centrally, but quite deep. What does Sissoko do? He looks up, sees all 2ft of Anita up against their right-back some 30 or so yards ahead and actually plays a decent ball to him in that he gets on the end of it, but no-one was in their box and I think their 'keeper ended up collecting the ball from Anita's poor control. Either way it was a stupid ball to play though. Its like he saw he had two men ahead of him, Remy and de Jong had men around him so he looked long in hope. Always the sign of a limited footballer and unfortunately, Dummett plays similar balls, too many for my liking anyway.

Agree with all of this.

He's an athlete first.

Guest Howaythetoon

He always somehow manages to allow the ball to trickle away for a throw-in following one of his touches too in every game it seems. He is highly frustrating. He also tried to take on his man and he did beat him, but only because the ball ricocheted off his own shin past the player. He's like a faster harder working Shola for the right side.

Nit picking but I can see what you're saying.

Personally I'm going to reserve judgement until we get a better manager/coaching staff.

There have been far too many examples of his qualities for me to ignore his potential.

If he was a late twenties guy I probably wouldn't have much expectation but he has every attribute needed and is young enough to, if given correct coaching, to step up to much higher levels.

Guest Howaythetoon

Aye Pardew is like a wrecking ball when it comes to the development of players. Maybe Mousa under a better coach can become a better player. I doubt it though because he is inherently a poor to limited footballer in terms of the basics like control, passing and technique. For a guy of his size he is also poor in the air and his decision making at times is very poor too.

He always somehow manages to allow the ball to trickle away for a throw-in following one of his touches too in every game it seems. He is highly frustrating. He also tried to take on his man and he did beat him, but only because the ball ricocheted off his own shin past the player. He's like a faster harder working Shola for the right side.

Some people suffer from the worst degree of confirmation bias when it comes to evaluating Sissoko.

Guest chicken little

He's an athlete first.

But (and not necessarily to pooh-pooh this criticism of the bloke), buzzed off his work for his second goal. When he gets going he just destroys space, like when he blasted past Ashley Cole last season. Fantastic to see, especially in comparison with:

Dan Gosling "running" through the Hull back line unmolested for our fourth.

Some of the most hilariously inefficient running I've seen in a long time.