Moussa Sissoko

Skeletor
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Pardew's brand of shitball might accentuate the negatives but it's possible to watch a player and see some limitations are there which aren't wholly caused by the manager. For instance, unless Pardew has forcibly removed Sissoko's brain cells, he lacks any sort of footballing intelligence. That's a problem.

It depends on what you class as football intelligence. Which players do you think possess more than Sissoko?

I think ability-wise he is a cracking footballer.  Just has no spine.  Don't want to use the word 'fight' without sounding like Pardwho.  The tactics the manager plays doesn't help him one bit but he's been the first to throw in the towel on way too numerous occasions.

He does seem to give up quite easily when he loses posession and on Monday left Janmaat very exposed at times because he wasn't tracking back.  Colo actually went mental at him late in the game which surprised me as you rarely see Colo that animated towards a teammate.

He's a Pardew favourite though so tracking back doesn't seem to be an issue with him as it was with Ben Arfa.

Big thing with Sissoko is he's been played out of position since his very first game for us.

I'm actually still not sure what his best position is?

Me too - doesn't really fit in anywhere.

he's had the most effect on games for us on the wing tbh.

Big thing with Sissoko is he's been played out of position since his very first game for us.

I'm actually still not sure what his best position is?

Not f***ing right wing would be a good place to start

:lol:

I'm with Ian. i think he could be very good box to box as part of a 3...provided the other 2 are offering a bit of width and some creativity.

Oddly see him as a Wenger type player.

All moot points. Left back is where he'll end up.

Midfield three of Anita, Sissoko, Tiote would be the ideal way to play him imo. With Sissoko being very attacking when we get the ball.

Maybe a Yaya style role would work too.

0 genuine creativity on the ball with that midfield. Limited fret too. Would rather Cabella there and Sissoko outwide or behind him.

Midfield three of Anita, Sissoko, Tiote would be the ideal way to play him imo. With Sissoko being very attacking when we get the ball.

0 genuine creativity on the ball with that midfield. Limited fret too. Would rather Cabella there and Sissoko outwide or behind him.

IMO I would play that midfield 3 and use Cabella left of a front 3, with Cisse and Riviere.

Cabella

Sissoko          Tiote

No idea how that would work but at least it would be something different. Still think that both Tiote and Anita shouldn't be starting. This leaves us very short at the wide front 3 positions though. If only we had HBA we could have him and Aarons on the wings.

Cannot be any worse than the 'creativity' we have now though, Jack "sideways" Colback. Would have Cabella behind a front two which would help.

We look so much better with Anita in the team, our midfield just seem to pass a lot quicker and control a bit better.  Colback is a waste of space.

• 4 weeks later...