Moussa Sissoko

Skeletor
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Not sure why people are not fussed if Sissoko is sold

Wijnaldum is a great signing BUT we don't know how he will settle and there are things like injuries and suspensions to think about, so I would love to keep Sissoko as nobody else in the squad is better than him at driving the team forward

Sissoko was average towards the end BUT he has shown his quality and I would like to see him managed by someone that isn't a complete moron

Use him in a correct way and he can be very very effective in our team. I don't want him to be a playmaker or the one to look for to make that final pass in the last third. Get him to play it as simple as possible, without too many touches when standing still/going slow. When he's at full speed and there's space to run in to he's brutal. When we are defending too deep with too many bodies and no pressing and win the ball back and Sissoko charges 70m forward that's when he runs into blind alleys because there's barely any team mates to release a simple effective pass to, because no one has been able to get to the last third quick enough because everyone has been instructed to get back and defend.

I have become very frustrated with him many times, like with many other players, but we've been a fucking mess in every way. I liked what i read the other day, that the coaches are trying get the players to press the opposition instead of everyone sitting back. IF we can do this well and have more players up the pitch when we actually win the ball then our transition from defence to attack could be brutal with Wijnaldum and Sissoko to name two. Hopefully we can add to this instead of selling after making a quality signing. One last thing, i remember seeing Sissoko at Toulouse a few games, and instead of trying to through the back four he often had lots of options to make a simple pass to and then make a powerful run in to the box. He didn't always get it but it did create space for other players. He got the ball back two times after a pass and run iirc, scored one of them.

Use him in a correct way and he can be very very effective in our team. I don't want him to be a playmaker or the one to look for to make that final pass in the last third. Get him to play it as simple as possible, without too many touches when standing still/going slow. When he's at full speed and there's space to run in to he's brutal. When we are defending too deep with too many bodies and no pressing and win the ball back and Sissoko charges 70m forward that's when he runs into blind alleys because there's barely any team mates to release a simple effective pass to, because no one has been able to get to the last third quick enough because everyone has been instructed to get back and defend.

I have become very frustrated with him many times, like with many other players, but we've been a f***ing mess in every way. I liked what i read the other day, that the coaches are trying get the players to press the opposition instead of everyone sitting back. IF we can do this well and have more players up the pitch when we actually win the ball then our transition from defence to attack could be brutal with Wijnaldum and Sissoko to name two. Hopefully we can add to this instead of selling after making a quality signing. One last thing, i remember seeing Sissoko at Toulouse a few games, and instead of trying to through the back four he often had lots of options to make a simple pass to and then make a powerful run in to the box. He didn't always get it but it did create space for other players. He got the ball back two times after a pass and run iirc, scored one of them.

• 2 weeks later...

It's the standard "good price if we reinvest it" scenario. We all know we wouldn't. We have a list, we'll work down that list and we will not deviate from that list. If Sissoko goes I imagine we'll point to Gini as his replacement and be done with it. That figure puts us about 4M up like for like.

He hasn't looked at the races for a while now but he brings qualities to the team no one can replicate and if we just took him out of the team without replacement we will be worse off without him by a fair distance.

£18m is a good amount of money for him. If we intend to spend it on top of our budget then I'm happy for him to go. If we plan to use that to balance our current spending then I'd prefer he stayed.

We need as many quality players as we can get, we can't accept any short comings on that.