Moussa Sissoko

Skeletor
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Thought he played quite well apart from his ludicrous couple of moments. Wrestling Mitro to the ground was a low point.

He probably wasn't expecting Mitro to be in there tbf, it all looked a bit confused.

No, he shouldn't have been expecting his centre forward to be in the area attacking the ball? He was behind Mitro so should have backed off. Keystone Cops attacking play to go along with the same school of defending we've endured for years.

That clash with Mitro was early on when he was super hyped up from the start.

The one occasion where we could have done with him not giving a shit he goes haring in there.

Unreal.

Shelvey was really disciplined today in midfield. Won so many balls. Was quite shocked by it. Opens up a lot more possibilities as to who partners him. I really think we need to consider Sissoko thought he middle in some capacity.

Thought he played quite well apart from his ludicrous couple of moments. Wrestling Mitro to the ground was a low point.

He probably wasn't expecting Mitro to be in there tbf, it all looked a bit confused.

No, he shouldn't have been expecting his centre forward to be in the area attacking the ball? He was behind Mitro so should have backed off. Keystone Cops attacking play to go along with the same school of defending we've endured for years.

When did you last see Mitro attacking the ball in the penalty area? I still haven't seen it to this day. But yeah does hold the ball up well in useless areas.

When did you last see Mitro attacking the ball in the penalty area? I still haven't seen it to this day. But yeah does hold the ball up well in useless areas.

I'm with you mate, I think he's shite, but we really don't want to see our own players hampering each other in the box.

In this case Mitrovic was playing a 1-2 and Sissoko got right in the way. He had good intentions but he probably cost us a goal.

Sissoko was actually there first wasn't he? Mitrovic would have missed anyway almost definitely

In this case Mitrovic was playing a 1-2 and Sissoko got right in the way. He had good intentions but he probably cost us a goal.

Sissoko was actually there first wasn't he? Mitrovic would have missed anyway almost definitely

He ended up slightly in front but he started from behind Mitrovic and should have seen what was going on. Like I said, he was trying to do the right thing but it was a significant mistake.

Looks like Sissoko was probably the one who should have noticed Mitro had no idea he was there given he was behind him and should have pulled out or created a pick or something of some kind

I'm with you mate, I think he's shite, but we really don't want to see our own players hampering each other in the box.

I don't think Mitro's shite btw, just usually useless around the penalty area. We could probably do with a genuine finisher in the box.

Anyone remember why we stopped playing Sissoko off the front man? Can't really recall if he started struggling badly in that position. Feel like he did more in there.

He was God awful for the best part of 3 months there after 2/3 great games. Stoke at home in particular. God awful. Had pass completion rate in the low 60's,

I do admire your staunch defence of Sissoko.  You are allowed to point out when he's fucked up, you know? :lol:  Ah Mitro probably would have missed. Sissoko did the right thing, in looking straight at him, running into him and then bringing him down, after he's had a touch. 

I thought he seemed to try harder than usual.  But he was still shit.  His final ball and crossing, was woeful yet again.  He's an impressive physical specimen.  Tall, strong, athletic, quick.  Yet he doesn't appear to have a brain or a heart.  He rarely wins headers and for someone of his build, he's weak as piss.  He's alright when he's trying to steamroll through people, but when he doesn't have the ball, he doesn't want to know.  He also has the footballing technique of a toddler.  It's like when you see a young kid playing football and they just run off in a straight line, with the ball bouncing all over the place. 

I think he's been shit for months now.  It doesn't seem like that long ago, that I was saying despite all of his flaws, he should be the first name on the team sheet.  I don't think that now and would be happy to see him dropped.  Problem is, we don't have anyone to take his place. 

He really should have made more of the headed chance he had in the first half. It was decent defending from Simpson tbf, but f*** me, how do we not purposely try to make Sissoko more of a goal threat with his head? He made a very good run and the cross from Perez was superb. Hope Benitez has picked up on this and played him on the left to have that "far post" threat when play comes down the right.

How many times have we seen have a headed chance like that in the past? He scored with his head against West Ham in the game that kept us up, and....that's it?

I have always thought he should be scoring more headers from corners and crosses considering his size and athleticism.

I'm with you mate, I think he's s****, but we really don't want to see our own players hampering each other in the box.

I don't think Mitro's s**** btw, just usually useless around the penalty area. We could probably do with a genuine finisher in the box.

you could say that.

I do admire your staunch defence of Sissoko.  You are allowed to point out when he's fucked up, you know? :lol:  Ah Mitro probably would have missed. Sissoko did the right thing, in looking straight at him, running into him and then bringing him down, after he's had a touch. 

I thought he seemed to try harder than usual.  But he was still shit.  His final ball and crossing, was woeful yet again.  He's an impressive physical specimen.  Tall, strong, athletic, quick.  Yet he doesn't appear to have a brain or a heart.  He rarely wins headers and for someone of his build, he's weak as piss.  He's alright when he's trying to steamroll through people, but when he doesn't have the ball, he doesn't want to know.  He also has the footballing technique of a toddler.  It's like when you see a young kid playing football and they just run off in a straight line, with the ball bouncing all over the place. 

I think he's been shit for months now.  It doesn't seem like that long ago, that I was saying despite all of his flaws, he should be the first name on the team sheet.  I don't think that now and would be happy to see him dropped.  Problem is, we don't have anyone to take his place.

Colback just kicked it direct to Simpson, no shit.

Sissoko just standing there in front of him didn't really help like tbf

Mitro fault for me like. Sissoko was already on the run. Mitro should have moved to the right to give Sissoko an option.

Both at fault to a certain extent. Tbf given the finishing skills of both players they probably would have missed anyway

Ffs Sissoko

Sound like criticisms to me, just from yesterday