Moussa Sissoko

Skeletor
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

To be fair when your teammate is through on goal with a great opportunity to score, you don't expect him to fizz a pass across the box to a team mate who is arguably in a worse position.

That's just not true though. The angle was tight for sissoko, if anybody waits at the edge of the box for a cutback it's a guaranteed goal. So many goals are scored this way and imo he did the right thing, I just think townsend was a bit too keen and didn't have the composure to hold his run. Look at how barcelona scored their first goal against arsenal, neymar was through on goal, but he cuts it across to messi who easily slots it away. If it's good enough for those 2 I think it's good enough for us.

:lol: Sissoko had a great opportunity to shoot and score, absolute rubbish was the angle tight. He was nearly at the edge of the 6 yard box, not on the touchline.

Townsend would have had to shoot through three or four bodies to score, Sissoko had a free aim at goal.

He bottled it and hit a lazy pass across the box.

We'll just have to agree to disagree on this. The angle was tight and the keeper looked to have it covered, if Townsend had held his run he has the entire goal in front of him, with no keeper, and a few defenders on the line to beat. It's a MUCH easier position to score from, which is why you see players score from it so often. If townsend had held his run it would have been a goal and we would all be praising the work of sissoko. Unfair to put any blame on him imo.

I do think we need to get rid of him however, he's just way too lazy. Let him do a Cabaye, go a champions league club, sit on the bench, come back to the PL with his tail between his legs. We could probably get decent money for him and bring in a hard working winger who would appreciate playing for us.

Guest ElCid

It wasn't sissoko's fault when he passed and we didn't score. None of our other players had the football IQ to realise they should slow their run down and wait for the cutback, which was the correct thing to do. Pretty much a guaranteed goal if they had done this. It's like when a winger puts in a perfect cross but no one is in the box, it's not his fault that no one else was doing their job.

Nah not having that he totally fucked up all he had to do was roll it into Townsend path and he would have had a great chance to score. It was he right thing to pass the ball due to the angle and the fact that he can't score for toffee but he defo totally fucked up that ball - Townsend run was perfect and all he had to do was roll it to him but as usual he had his usual 'brain fuck'. I know some on here rate him and fair dos but can't wait until he fucks of out of this club and I think he will be very disappointed when no top teams come in for him either - cos they won't. 0 goals from an attacking midfielder is an absolute disgrace.

It wasn't sissoko's fault when he passed and we didn't score. None of our other players had the football IQ to realise they should slow their run down and wait for the cutback, which was the correct thing to do. Pretty much a guaranteed goal if they had done this. It's like when a winger puts in a perfect cross but no one is in the box, it's not his fault that no one else was doing their job.

Nah not having that he totally f***ed up all he had to do was roll it into Townsend path and he would have had a great chance to score. It was he right thing to pass the ball due to the angle and the fact that he can't score for toffee but he defo totally f***ed up that ball - Townsend run was perfect and all he had to do was roll it to him but as usual he had his usual 'brain f***'. I know some on here rate him and fair dos but can't wait until he f***s of out of this club and I think he will be very disappointed when no top teams come in for him either - cos they won't. 0 goals from an attacking midfielder is an absolute disgrace.

I actually don't rate him and I can't understand why we haven't sold him yet. But I don't think the pass was a bad one, I think townsend overshot the run when he should have held back and waited. I like townsend and think he was a good signing, it's not like I'm having a go at him, just on this occasion I think his positioning was off. There should ALWAYS be somebody in that area waiting for a cutback, just like there should always be somebody running to the far post when a winger zips a pass across goal. If nobody is there to tap it in, it's not the wingers fault.

Leicester ST holder who is a good friend of mine seemed to think Sissoko was our best player, said that was the general consensus amongst the Leicester fans.

He had a very decent game IMO, just a couple of high profile blunders.

He's one of the few singled out by Rafa as having a good game. Noticeable that he didn't get subbed either for all the criticism aimed his way on here.

Leicester ST holder who is a good friend of mine seemed to think Sissoko was our best player, said that was the general consensus amongst the Leicester fans.

He had a very decent game IMO, just a couple of high profile blunders.

He's one of the few singled out by Rafa as having a good game. Noticeable that he didn't get subbed either for all the criticism aimed his way on here.

I think part of that was also psychological on Rafa's part. He knows that Sissoko, on his day, is probably our most influential player. He NEEDS sissoko to start playing at his best, consistently, so he's probably trying to boost his morale and get him playing again.

I thought that sissoko wasn't too bad and he could be a very important player for us if we can get him playing at his best.

Sissoko is mediocre (at best) in the final third because he's not a natural attacking player. He's a box to box central midfielder, at least that was what he was described as being when he first arrived here and I've seen nothing to suggest he's anything other than that. Hence, he's criminally being played out of position because this club has had s***, cowardly managers unwilling to give more suitable attacking players game time on the wings out of fear/lack of faith.

When he was briefly played in central midfield a couple of years ago alongside Anita (in a 4 man midfield) he was pretty much a beast of a CM because his athleticism allowed him to get up and down and essentially be everywhere. On top of that he can dribble effectively on the counter when the space is there to be exploited (as opposed to trying to force a dribble when teams are back in position as he currently does), and there really are very few CM's in this league who can pick the ball up in the middle of the pitch and really punish space like he can, hence making him something a bit different to the norm. It helped that in CM he got to play more simple passes more often to make his average technique/consistency, rather than having to produce "end product" inside the box.

Chances are that like Tiote he's now broken beyond repair after years of having his head filled with "go on son, you can take 'em all on" desperate nonsense by s*** managers to supplement him playing in a role he isn't suited for because they're desperate for "magic". He'll also not get a chance in central midfield short of an injury crisis because the club is flooded with CMs who are actually seen as CMs, and combined with not having enough wingers even if Rafa did realise that Moussa isn't a winger or a number 10 he'll have no option to persist with Moussa on the flanks until next season at least, and even then it'd probably take Moussa a run of games to forget this crappy style of play he's been coached into by world renowned geniuses like Pardew, Carver and McClaren.

When last did Sissoko talk about the club? Clearly been lifted big time by Benitez coming in. Needs to come through for us now.

Think the players are as in much a shock as us that he's our Manager.

Sissoko is mediocre (at best) in the final third because he's not a natural attacking player. He's a box to box central midfielder, at least that was what he was described as being when he first arrived here and I've seen nothing to suggest he's anything other than that. Hence, he's criminally being played out of position because this club has had s***, cowardly managers unwilling to give more suitable attacking players game time on the wings out of fear/lack of faith.

When he was briefly played in central midfield a couple of years ago alongside Anita (in a 4 man midfield) he was pretty much a beast of a CM because his athleticism allowed him to get up and down and essentially be everywhere. On top of that he can dribble effectively on the counter when the space is there to be exploited (as opposed to trying to force a dribble when teams are back in position as he currently does), and there really are very few CM's in this league who can pick the ball up in the middle of the pitch and really punish space like he can, hence making him something a bit different to the norm. It helped that in CM he got to play more simple passes more often to make his average technique/consistency, rather than having to produce "end product" inside the box.

Chances are that like Tiote he's now broken beyond repair after years of having his head filled with "go on son, you can take 'em all on" desperate nonsense by s*** managers to supplement him playing in a role he isn't suited for because they're desperate for "magic". He'll also not get a chance in central midfield short of an injury crisis because the club is flooded with CMs who are actually seen as CMs, and combined with not having enough wingers even if Rafa did realise that Moussa isn't a winger or a number 10 he'll have no option to persist with Moussa on the flanks until next season at least, and even then it'd probably take Moussa a run of games to forget this crappy style of play he's been coached into by world renowned geniuses like Pardew, Carver and McClaren.

:clap:

Great post.

Shame so many fans actually believe he's a right mid/right winger because they also have had this forced on them just like the player.

His idol was Patrick Vieira, and he wanted to emulate his style. He was tested right mid by Pardew against Chelsea and skinned Ashley Cole after that and his immense performance, Pardew had decided that is his position. It wouldn't matter that he was a Defensive midfielder who gradually pushed on into a central and more box to box as you described in his later Toulouse days.There's being Padewed and there's being Padewed.

I think he could do a job in CM if he was given time, it could take a few games months to reestablish the role and become a battler/tackler again but that's gotta be the best position on the pitch other than Striker.

RM is not and never will do anything for his career.

Probably half the reason watching him is so frustrating.

Completely agree. I think he started out actually as a CDM for Toulouse and then became more of a box to box midfielder, a role in which he flourished. He just isn't a number 10, certainly not a winger, and I would quite like to see him play alongside Shelvey in the 4-2-3-1 that Rafa plays.

Your other point about playing players out of position is SO spot on, p*rdew did this so often it's a joke, how many times did we see cisse or remy out wide?! So many other examples to list, but I really feel we have destroyed quite a few careers due to our incompetent managers. I also really wish we could have had a manager who would have gotten the best out of ben arfa, i swear he had the potential to be special under the right tutelage.

What is annoying and odd is that when he first came here, his passing was better and he scored goals. He's gone backwards and is worse on the ball and with it in the final third. I'm hoping under Rafa he will rekindle some of his earlier success here.

What is annoying and odd is that when he first came here, his passing was better and he scored goals. He's gone backwards and is worse on the ball and with it in the final third. I'm hoping under Rafa he will rekindle some of his earlier success here.

Defenders have sussed him out. They know his first touch is very poor, so if they pressure him and close down his space right away, he'll struggle to keep possession.

Still can't understand him being a winger. f***ing Pardew. Even France play him there now do they not?

He turned an average Ligue 1 striker into a left wing-back/holding midfielder and a promising box-to-box midfielder into a right-winger. Genius.

Not to mention the HBA carry on, wtf was that bloke thinking man. "I don't give a fuck if you can scare the shit out of defenders and take 6 players on, cover that full back and then be dropped because you can't defend well"