Moussa Sissoko

Skeletor
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Fitness and endurance wise he probably is, just not as strong.

I'm not the quickest, fastest or strongest player at 7 aside but I run rings around some of those I play with in terms of stamina, fitness and endurance. Anita is a good all-round athlete. Read the context though Ron.

Anita's significantly slower and weaker than Sissoko, man. Anita may be many things a natural athlete isn't at the forefront of them.

I mean, honestly. I fucking despair with this place at times. :lol:

I don't see how you can say that he's not that good like, but fair enough. The coincidence/purple patch that you speak of is more that he's finally been moved back to his central position that he played in when he first arrived and looked like a world beater. Pardew moved him to Right Wing and he was much, much less effective.

Horrible revisionism. He ha 2 brilliant games as a #10 or AM when he first joined. Then some average and truly awful displays in that #10 role afterwards. The only time he ever looked decent in that position again was against that ridiculously high pressing, high defensive line of Benfica's away.

He was awful for large periods in his first 6 months in that central position. In a couple games his pass compleion rate was in the low 70's, or 60's.

He's never really had a run as part of a proper midfield 3 until now - where he's a bit deeper and has more space to run into.

Last season it was clear he's one of our best players -even if he's inconsistent (minute to minute even). He certainly has more in his locker than Anita, that is a ludicrous statement.

Guest firetotheworks

I don't see how you can say that he's not that good like, but fair enough. The coincidence/purple patch that you speak of is more that he's finally been moved back to his central position that he played in when he first arrived and looked like a world beater. Pardew moved him to Right Wing and he was much, much less effective.

Horrible revisionism. He ha 2 brilliant games as a #10 or AM when he first joined. Then some average and truly awful displays in that #10 role afterwards. The only time he ever looked decent in that position again was against that ridiculously high pressing, high defensive line of Benfica's away.

He was awful for large periods in his first 6 months in that central position. In a couple games his pass compleion rate was in the low 70's, or 60's.

He's never really had a run as part of a proper midfield 3 until now - where he's a bit deeper and has more space to run into.

Last season it was clear he's one of our best players -even if he's inconsistent (minute to minute even). He certainly has more in his locker than Anita, that is a ludicrous statement.

I'm going to give this the reply that it deserves - you're wrong.

This is a pointless debate really, they are different players, who's role can basically be explained using simple FM logic. Sissoko is the prototype of the box to box midfielder, at his best when starting off with the ball in deep positions but without too much in the way of defensive responsibility. Anita is the ball retention deep lying playmaker type who will only ever really fit an Ajax style of team.

If the question is who I prefer then I'd much rather have a Sissoko in my team, but Anita is totally wasted here.

Fitness and endurance wise he probably is, just not as strong.

I'm not the quickest, fastest or strongest player at 7 aside but I run rings around some of those I play with in terms of stamina, fitness and endurance. Anita is a good all-round athlete. Read the context though Ron.

Anita's significantly slower and weaker than Sissoko, man. Anita may be many things a natural athlete isn't at the forefront of them.

I mean, honestly. I f***ing despair with this place at times. :lol:

I don't think too much of Anita but he clearly is NOT significantly slower than Sissoko.

This is a pointless debate really, they are different players, who's role can basically be explained using simple FM logic. Sissoko is the prototype of the box to box midfielder, at his best when starting off with the ball in deep positions but without too much in the way of defensive responsibility. Anita is the ball retention deep lying playmaker type who will only ever really fit an Ajax style of team.

If the question is who I prefer then I'd much rather have a Sissoko in my team, but Anita is totally wasted here.

Anita would have been good in Laudrup's Swansea. Silly to think he can only play for one team.

I still haven't seen have enough overall effect to benefit us though. We need something else.

Guest thenorthumbrian

In his overall time here Sissoko has definitely shown he has significant technical deficiencies. There's been long periods where the ball has just bounced off his feet and he's lost possession. His passing hasn't been the best either. Saying that, he's been exceptional in pretty much every regard the last couple of months but let's not forget the previous several months where at times he barely looked like a footballer.

I hope Pardew doesn't bung him out on the wing again just as he has settled in his favoured position.

Isn't there that stat about Sissoko creating the most chances in the PL last year or something?  Even when he was playing badly, he was still a massive threat.

Think this was it - http://eplindex.com/53792/epl-2013-14-most-creative-midfielders-nasri-hazard-coutinho.html

Obviously not top of chances created but pretty impressive.

Yeah, he was pretty effective as an RM in our shit formation last season, but it's not where he's best or where I want to see him. His style was to overrun the ball, but then win it again as he's built to crush pretty much every LB in a 50/50, before drilling a low cross/cutback. Not ineffective, but not exactly good to watch.

I'd build a midfield around Sissoko man. Someone to do his dirty work and let him boss it everywhere else. He's terrifyingly good in this form.

:thup:

building a team around sissoko dictates you're in for the long haul as a defensive, counter-attacking team like

Not sure that's necessarily true, even if we had more possession I don't see why he wouldn't be effective. Everyone counter attacks sometimes, there are a lot of transitions in football.

Isn't there that stat about Sissoko creating the most chances in the PL last year or something?  Even when he was playing badly, he was still a massive threat.

Think this was it - http://eplindex.com/53792/epl-2013-14-most-creative-midfielders-nasri-hazard-coutinho.html

Obviously not top of chances created but pretty impressive.

Yeah, he was pretty effective as an RM in our s*** formation last season, but it's not where he's best or where I want to see him. His style was to overrun the ball, but then win it again as he's built to crush pretty much every LB in a 50/50, before drilling a low cross/cutback. Not ineffective, but not exactly good to watch.

Completely agree - just saying that even in the wrong position and playing badly, he was still incredibly effective despite some people swearing blind that he was crap.

In his overall time here Sissoko has definitely shown he has significant technical deficiencies. There's been long periods where the ball has just bounced off his feet and he's lost possession. His passing hasn't been the best either. Saying that, he's been exceptional in pretty much every regard the last couple of months but let's not forget the previous several months where at times he barely looked like a footballer.

Only to people who had blinkers on. He's exactly the same now as he was all last season, except he's playing through the middle now which is his natural position.

I think his technical deficiencies are exaggerated quite a lot, he seems to cope fine when playing in congested midfield areas, carrying the ball at pace and his shooting and through balls are also pretty decent.

Losing the ball while driving forwards and trying to go past people counts as technical deficiency to a certain section of fans. Touching the ball once and passing it sideways 3 yards like Colback is what those people consider technical proficiency.

I'd build a midfield around Sissoko man. Someone to do his dirty work and let him boss it everywhere else. He's terrifyingly good in this form.

:thup:

building a team around sissoko dictates you're in for the long haul as a defensive, counter-attacking team like

Not sure that's necessarily true, even if we had more possession I don't see why he wouldn't be effective. Everyone counter attacks sometimes, there are a lot of transitions in football.

I'm not one of those who still questions if he can play in a team with more possession and playing further up field more frequently like some. I'm one who believes he can do it all through the middle - he just needs a good cleanup man and another ball passer or more creative player next to him.