Moussa Sissoko

Skeletor
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Marv is technically the better footballer than Gouffran by the looks of things but his work rate and pace is what we've needed up there in a front 3. Marveaux isn't a natural forward at all, it showed when he tried to cut in on his left towards 3 players a few weeks ago, Gouffran in the same position has a crack with his weaker foot and it leads to a goal.

Great post. Marveaux really has to be used as part of the midfield, or when Gouffran or Cisse aren't available. I feel really sorry for him because I think he's class, but Sissoko and Cabaye have those slots locked down for the moment.

Marv is technically the better footballer than Gouffran by the looks of things but his work rate and pace is what we've needed up there in a front 3. Marveaux isn't a natural forward at all, it showed when he tried to cut in on his left towards 3 players a few weeks ago, Gouffran in the same position has a crack with his weaker foot and it leads to a goal.

Agree completely.

Guest Jérémy75

He told the press when he signed he prefers Yanga-Mbiwa when referring to his surname, don't forget the Yanga.

So you've just insulted him.  :hmm:

He said contrary to the French press

Completely agree that Marveaux is a better footballer than Gouffran, but he's not a better player for that position. I think the biggest indicator of this is Gouffran making curved runs from wide over the last couple of games, something Marveaux will never do as he's a ball player. We need that goal threat and striker's instinct, especially when HBA comes back into the fold. Balance is key, and Gouffran offers that.

I do love it when our players are in a less rigid formation up front and can interchange. The way the league is these days it seems too easy to mark out or pack in a rigid formation, but one where players can roam it really unbalances the opposition. If the players are just as a good in other areas of the pitch, which we seem to have a fair few that are now, it should be exploited more and more.

i think gouffran should can rotate with marv as AM or with cisse as striker. the only undropable squad atm is cabaye ben arfa debuchy krul and sissoko everybody else can be rotated...

If Haidara comes good then even Debuchy can as we could move Santon to RB for said rotation purposes.

I do love it when our players are in a less rigid formation up front and can interchange. The way the league is these days it seems too easy to mark out or pack in a rigid formation, but one where players can roam it really unbalances the opposition. If the players are just as a good in other areas of the pitch, which we seem to have a fair few that are now, it should be exploited more and more.

I love this about us at the minute.  Say a line up of:

Cisse

Gouffran        Mo        Ben Arfa

Cabaye

Tiote/Anita

Gouffran: anywhere in the front 4

Sissoko: anywhere behind Cisse :lol: (although I'd rather he was never in the Tiote role after what he's shown)

HBA: easily able to interchange with Gouffran and Sissoko

Cabaye: able to switch with HBA, Tiote/Anita, Sissoko

Anita: able to switch with Cabaye and push forward

Tiote: really (obviously) the only one who should just stick to what he's best at and stay in that position.

Would be so hard for opposition to keep track when they're all mixing it up when attacking.  Whether we see it is another question but fuck I'm excited to see how we play when HBA is back and to see how the season pans out.  Amazing what 2 wins has done for us, 2 weeks ago I wasn't looking forward to anything football wise :lol:

I love this about us at the minute.  Say a line up of:

Cisse

Cabaye

Tiote/Anita

Gouffran: anywhere in the front 4

Sissoko: anywhere behind Cisse :lol: (although I'd rather he was never in the Tiote role after what he's shown)

HBA: easily able to interchange with Gouffran and Sissoko

Cabaye: able to switch with HBA, Tiote/Anita, Sissoko

Anita: able to switch with Cabaye and push forward

Tiote: really (obviously) the only one who should just stick to what he's best at and stay in that position.

Would be so hard for opposition to keep track when they're all mixing it up when attacking.  Whether we see it is another question but fuck I'm excited to see how we play when HBA is back and to see how the season pans out.  Amazing what 2 wins has done for us, 2 weeks ago I wasn't looking forward to anything football wise :lol:

Yeah good post man, as it pretty much sums up how it is with what we have. Before we made all these signings I felt like were doomed and fearful of Ashley gambling again with what we have. Now I'm really positive again as we have bought very well and look like we are capable of being a much more powerful footballing side again.

Pardew could just say "right, Tim in goal. Mathieu, Stevie, Colo and Davide at the back, same as last week. Ok so Papiss you go up top. And you five just play it as you see it."

"You sure boss, where do we line up?"

"Wherever the fuck you like, hatam. Where you see space. Shit them right up kid!"

Pardew could just say "right, Tim in goal. Mathieu, Stevie, Colo and Davide at the back, same as last week. Ok so Papiss you go up top. And you five just play it as you see it."

"You sure boss, where do we line up?"

"Wherever the f*** you like, hatam. Where you see space. s*** them right up kid!"

:lol:

:thup:

I love to see this but it has slim chance of succeeding. I expect Pardew to bench Gouffran for Jonas.

Cisse

Cabaye

Tiote/Anita

I love to see this but it has slim chance of succeeding.

Cisse

Cabaye

Tiote/Anita

Isn't that exactly what we will do?

I love to see this but it has slim chance of succeeding.

Cisse

Cabaye

Tiote/Anita

Isn't that exactly what we will do?

I think this

Spurs simply aren't ready for what is coming.

This is the sort of post they quote at their forums before several members use it as their sig after we've gone there and "let our hair down" again.

Aye  :lol: i'm still very pessimistic and think we will lose that way it feels all the sweeter when we do win  :D