Moussa Sissoko

Skeletor
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Rafa made sure he got Ashley's word that he'd reinvest money from player sales back into the team before he agreed to stay, and got it in writing too along with other guarentees so he cant make another of his sly deceitful moves, so I'd be happy the £30 will go into signing another few players. The fact we were breaking even before the big money sale is evidence that Ashley is sticking to his word, all that was needed was a clever man who knows how to get him to do that.

And I meant thirty million yes and not 30 pounds before someone who thinks he's clever, or at least try to make himself feel clever, steps in to correct me.

Rafa made sure he got Ashley's word that he'd reinvest money from player sales back into the team before he agreed to stay, and got it in writing too along with other guarentees so he cant make another of his sly deceitful moves, so I'd be happy the £30 will go into signing another few players. The fact we were breaking even before the big money sale is evidence that Ashley is sticking to his word, all that was needed was a clever man who knows how to get him to do that.

And I meant thirty million yes and not 30 pounds before someone who thinks he's clever, or at least try to make himself feel clever, steps in to correct me.

Rafa got Mike's word AND he got it in writing? Well I'm sold. Everythings coming up milhouse. Thanks for the ITK.

You mean £30 million  :saylor:

Rafa got Mike's word AND he got it in writing? Well I'm sold. Everythings coming up milhouse. Thanks for the ITK.

Nothing ITK at all. It was widely reported in the media the guarentees he got in writing before he agreed to sign on. Granted media sources can be clueless too but not them all.

I have no doubt he'll make sure the thirty million is reinvested into the squad, the man's not a fool and not just a yes man like the 3 twats that came before him (Pardew, Carver and Mcclaren).

Mixed feelings. A massive fee for a decent (at best) player, but there's no saying where the money will go.

As many of us feared (Rafa included), Ashley's pulled his classic deadline day stunt. I know Sissoko hasn't played this season and we're in decent form, so some will say it's all OK. It might be if players stay fit, but I still think we could do with better cover in terms of creative players to minimise our risk. One injury to Ritchie and/or Gayle/Diame could leave us looking flat like we did against Huddersfield and Fulham. Let's just hope Atsu, Ritchie, Gouffran (and Aarons whenever he returns) can see us through to January.

As for Sissoko, I'm not sure he'll fit Spurs. He looks better bursting from deep into space, because it masks his poor ball control and awareness and few players can match him for his pace and power. France play counter so this suited him, and we were able to counter Spurs in that 5-1 win (he also did well against Norwich when we countered quickly), but Spurs press high up the pitch and it's often their full backs who bomb on. It looks a panic signing but they've sold Chadli and he's better than Son, so he may be a weapon off the bench if he can't hold down a first team place. Perhaps they simply feel he could be a big game player for them.

I'm all for ashley bashing with the many things he has done to us and the club.  He has a long way to go to prove he will do what's best for this club and earn any type of long term respect.

However, i am not sure why or how this is an ashley stunt or what he has to do with this transfer?

We haven't sold our best player against the managers wishes, it's not a shock. Benitez has pretty much said all summer if the price is right we will sell. Unless you know otherwise ashley isn't involved in the day to day running of the club. I don't care which owner we could have this transfer was going to happen. The fact we got so much for Sissoko is great, so should we give ashley credit for that as well while we gaze into the crystal ball show ashley stealing into the night at some point in the future 30m in hand, refusing to let benitez spend any money ever again.

There is good reason to be sceptical about us spending that money over the next two windows, although we have spent an incredible amount of the past two years to say otherwise with managers with far less respect by the fans and at boardroom level. I just feel there is a thin line between scepticism and scare mongering.

Sissoko never wanted to be here this season. Don't know how determined he would have been if he stayed but even a Sissoko half arsed probably would have torn things up in this division.

The fee is great for him and I'm confident we've made enough signings now to go up without him. I hope that money will become available in future when we need to strengthen us as Premiership side next season.

sold for undisclosed fee states BBC, so was it £30M ?

Is that not just the 'official' line? Sure nearly all of our fees this summer have been classed as 'undisclosed'.

As far as the fee goes, it was widely reported that Everton had met the £30m asking price, which 'Spuds then matched... pretty sure the fee is (at least) £30m. Whether staged, or all up front will be the unknown.

I don’t see how any of our fans can question this deal! We’ve received £30 million for a player who did not want to be here and who hasn’t wanted to be here for two years. If he had of remained then he would have sulked his stupid head off! Rafa is big on team spirit and having this moping tosser around the place would have done us no favours! Ritchie is playing in the same position he has done for most of his time here and I know who I’d rather have there! Good riddance and I hope his career completely goes down the pan! I look forward to his quotes about Champions League football this time next year when Spurs aren’t in it!

sold for undisclosed fee states BBC, so was it £30M ?

Is that not just the 'official' line? Sure nearly all of our fees this summer have been classed as 'undisclosed'.

As far as the fee goes, it was widely reported that Everton had met the £30m asking price, which 'Spuds then matched... pretty sure the fee is (at least) £30m. Whether staged, or all up front will be the unknown.

guardian stated £31m profit with us signing him for £1.8m

I have disliked the c*** for ages. £30m Thanks! :thup: Don't want any players talking s*** with the press every third second about leaving. Yes he might have wanted to leave but he could have been respectful and kept his f***ing mouth shut like many other players manage to do despite having the will to go to another club. Good deal for everyone involved, well except for Spurs when you consider what they've paid.

Mixed feelings. A massive fee for a decent (at best) player, but there's no saying where the money will go.

As many of us feared (Rafa included), Ashley's pulled his classic deadline day stunt. I know Sissoko hasn't played this season and we're in decent form, so some will say it's all OK. It might be if players stay fit, but I still think we could do with better cover in terms of creative players to minimise our risk. One injury to Ritchie and/or Gayle/Diame could leave us looking flat like we did against Huddersfield and Fulham. Let's just hope Atsu, Ritchie, Gouffran (and Aarons whenever he returns) can see us through to January.

As for Sissoko, I'm not sure he'll fit Spurs. He looks better bursting from deep into space, because it masks his poor ball control and awareness and few players can match him for his pace and power. France play counter so this suited him, and we were able to counter Spurs in that 5-1 win (he also did well against Norwich when we countered quickly), but Spurs press high up the pitch and it's often their full backs who bomb on. It looks a panic signing but they've sold Chadli and he's better than Son, so he may be a weapon off the bench if he can't hold down a first team place. Perhaps they simply feel he could be a big game player for them.

I'm all for ashley bashing with the many things he has done to us and the club.  He has a long way to go to prove he will do what's best for this club and earn any type of long term respect.

However, i am not sure why or how this is an ashley stunt or what he has to do with this transfer?

We haven't sold our best player against the managers wishes, it's not a shock. Benitez has pretty much said all summer if the price is right we will sell. Unless you know otherwise ashley isn't involved in the day to day running of the club. I don't care which owner we could have this transfer was going to happen. The fact we got so much for Sissoko is great, so should we give ashley credit for that as well while we gaze into the crystal ball show ashley stealing into the night at some point in the future 30m in hand, refusing to let benitez spend any money ever again.

There is good reason to be sceptical about us spending that money over the next two windows, although we have spent an incredible amount of the past two years to say otherwise with managers with far less respect by the fans and at boardroom level. I just feel there is a thin line between scepticism and scare mongering.

By Ashley I basically meant the board or whoever is calling the shots. I figured most would get that, it's not a personal witch hunt. Rafa made it clear he didn't want a deadline day sale. The reasons for that are obvious because if he signs two quality wide players and Sissoko stays, he has a problem, so he had to wait until the Sissoko situation was resolved. I expect he'll be disappointed with the result because he said he didn't want this to happen. In the end we signed Atsu on loan and Sissoko went. I know nowt about Atsu to be honest, I hope he can offer the sort of quality Ritchie has on the right because we needed a first team quality signing. Either way, we could have done with another attacking player and it always looked like we were waiting to sort out Sissoko first.

Don't get me wrong, it's a very decent window overall. The defence looks sorted but my one concern is our depth of creative players, which could be exposed by an injury to Ritchie or Diame. There are a lot of games in the Championship. We need Atsu to be a hit - if he is and we can avoid injuries to our creative players, we have enough depth elsewhere.

He was never going to hang about at a championship club, we got decent wedge and can adf to the squad in jan.  I think we have enough in the squad to last us 4 months.

Pretty much this. Asides from Tiote, we've managed to shift virtually all the dead wood/big earners from the club while bringing in £55M for two of the biggest cowards ever to wear the shirt. I'm genuinely only bothered we lost Townsend, although he showed his true colours straight away.

The current squad and manager should be more than capable of winning this league and like you say, there is money to spend in January if needed.

Yeah.  I'm apprehensive about the money being properly invested, to say the least. 

Obviously, I doubt Rafa could attract the players that he wants for next season.  So it seems like we have got a lot of solid, unspectacular, reasonably priced players in.  So I can kind of understand why we have turned a profit.  When you consider the ridiculous fees we got for Sissoko and Wijnaldum. 

But I don't for one minute think Ashley is going to loosen the purse strings and give Rafa proper money to spend, if we go up. 

Our wage bill must be considerably lower, too.

In summary, we've built an entirely more balanced squad, two players in every position or so...and ended up in profit. All players we've bought have been paid for by the incoming fees. Absolutely sound business model and a squad refresh of players who want to be here and want to help us get back up, rid of the bad eggs as well.

The additional profit we have will no doubt be used to bolster the squad come January and with additional funds still left will help us if we get promoted to upgrade once again.  And the fact that if we go up, it's a guaranteed £100m+ in the bank and they can afford to speculate a little.

Anyway, only reason I'm disappointed in this is that he's went to Spurs. An absolutely shithouse of his ilk would've been more suited to Palace and not get his champions league dream.

Ahh well, shame if he snaps his hamstring or something.

I just seem to remember from that thread people saying how similar he was to Sissoko and would be a good replacement.

Seems the sell before you buy policy was hammered, but buy before you sell, and people want another buy afterwards anyway.

Diame was never an answer to our width problem. We've needed two wingers particularly since Aarons got injured, but Benitez didn't know if he'd have to bring Sissoko back into the fold and couldn't act until he was gone. It's been clear to see we are much stronger on the right than the left. Hopefully Atsu will change that. Otherwise Gouffran looks the only alternative.

Guest The King of Zembla

Is the fee all up front or is it an installment plan.

we're the only club that pays up front in the f***ing world aren't we? :lol:

Yeah, I'm surprised by how many people keep bringing it up as if it's some singular case. We're still buying Michael Owen ffs