Moussa Sissoko

Skeletor
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

He's a good player that hid when it got tough. Think he'll do pretty well in a good side. Could be a good deal for all parties involved.

This really annoys me [emoji38] He didn't hide, when he was shit he was visibly shit, fucking up simple passes and trying to run through people, he didn't hide

I am unhappy that Sissoko is now happy. Great fee, but being a Cnut has been rewarded...

For what its worth though, I think he's publicly marked his card now, and any future clubs may be dubious about signing him. If he flops at Spurs this season, I doubt they'll get rid easily, unless they take a huge hit on the fee.

I don't think yesterday could have been much better for us. I was worried we'd get stuck with him in the Championship ambling around all season blatantly not wanting to be here and then when January arrived we'd be lucky to get £20m.

He may even do well for Spurs but he would have been a major negative if he'd have been forced to stay here.

Winners and Losers on Deadline Day..............Losers section  :lol:

Tottenham

OK, so they beat Everton to Moussa Sissoko. But they also paid £30million for him. THIRTY MILLION POUNDS.

For what? For a player that cost Newcastle less than £2m. For a player who goes missing for large parts of every season. For a player who has consistently called arch-rivals Arsenal "the club of his heart".

Was this really such a great deal for Daniel Levy?

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/serge-gnabry-emmanuel-adebayor-winners-8743291

Guest firetotheworks

£30m for Sissoko in the current market is the going rate really. He's just been playing for France (and was at times their best player) in the Euros, so I dunno why everyone's absolutely chuffed about the money like. It's definitely a far better deal for NUFC than it is for Spurs, but what happens with the money is the only important thing, so I'll reserve my jubilation until then.

Good player on his day but I don't remember seeing that day very often at all or us. He should be better in a good team, we'll see. Replaced him with a very good player who wants to perform for the club in Ritchie so I don't see the ploblem. Also should give Rafa money to spend when he needs it, as long as that prick in charge doesn't fuck it all up.

Some Spurs fan replying to every reddit post he can find about the fee saying it's only £13 million "Because Townsend and Yedlin haven't been paid for yet"  :icon_scratch:  Fuck kind of nonsense is this, we pay for everyone upfront anyway, don't we?

Some Spurs fan replying to every reddit post he can find about the fee saying it's only £13 million "Because Townsend and Yedlin haven't been paid for yet"  :icon_scratch:  Fuck kind of nonsense is this, we pay for everyone upfront anyway, don't we?

Does it make a difference? We still received £30m and paid them £17m, what kind of logic is that!

Even if that was the case it would only make sense if they had planned on releasing Townsend and Yedlin on a free.

Seems rather scouse.  "Nah, Carroll wasn't that much cos Torres..."

Seems rather scouse.  "Nah, Carroll wasn't that much cos Torres..."

I remember that.

"Chelsea actually bought Carroll for us for 15 Million"

£30m for Sissoko in the current market is the going rate really. He's just been playing for France (and was at times their best player) in the Euros, so I dunno why everyone's absolutely chuffed about the money like. It's definitely a far better deal for NUFC than it is for Spurs, but what happens with the money is the only important thing, so I'll reserve my jubilation until then.

Yep. Dave summed it up pretty much perfectly.

I think Moussa has a sh*tload of pressure on him now, after this move.

Pundits and reporters are already mocking the fee, given his contribution on the pitch for us last season... and we know it wasn't just last season. Then there is the whole farce and treatment of Everton yesterday.

Think his performances are going to be scrutinised even more now, so he's going to have to perform week in/out - especially now he has his Champions League wish, too. John Anderson has long questioned his ability to perform under pressure, so it'll be interesting to see how it pans out.