Massadio Haïdara

Optimistic Nut

Might be wise for McManaman to wear a muzzle, when he takes to the pitch. He'll be a prime target for arm-chair lip-readers from now on, providing he is also vulnerable to outbursts of naughty words of a particular theme (thanks to his youthful enthusiasm).

A philosophical Massadio Haiadara has reflected on his lucky escape after what looked to be an horrific injury at Wigan and insisted: "What doesn't destroy you can make you stronger."

When he was stretchered off following a high tackle from Latics winger Callum McManaman at the DW Stadium ten days ago, it appeared as if the 20-year-old's season was over less than three months after he arrived in England.

But somehow, the former Nancy left-back escaped with bruising to the bone and soft tissue damage rather than the feared bone or ligament damage. And instead of feeling sorry for himself, Haidara simply sees the setback as part of his football education - and one which he is determined to come back from even better than before.

During the last few days, messages of support for the stricken Frenchman have flooded in from Newcastle fans and January signing Haidara was keen to thank them after admitting that such positivity towards him has been a huge aid in his recovery.

He said: "I'm getting better and better each day. The great thing is that I've received so much support from people - from the staff at Newcastle United, the players and from the supporters here in Newcastle, who have sent me a lot of 'get well' messages on Twitter and social networking.

"That has given me a huge lift. I think that will help me on my recovery.

"They say what doesn't destroy you can make you stronger. That's true. I have learned a lot from this.

"I am learning more about the English game and it is a great education for me."

Trappes-born Haidara has played a total of five times for Newcastle - three starts in the Europa League, including his debut away at Metalist Kharkiv, and two substitute appearances in the Barclays Premier League.

It is now hoped that Haidara may be fit to play again next month but the player himself is not setting any targets.

He said: "I hope to be back sooner rather than later. I don't have any precise date for that.

"In the meantime I will work hard here. And of course I will be supporting the team, which I do all the time if I am playing or not."

According to someone on total sport last night he's fit for saturday.

The tenuous ITK was that he was a cab driver who'd had Tiote in his cab and he'd told him.

I will pay him to drive tiote around with the doors locked for as long he is still possessed by the ghost of Alan Smith.

If this had happened to Sammy's leg they'd still be picking up the pieces of it from the DW pitch

if it was sammy's leg mcmanaman would be awarded a marksman of the year award for hitting so narrow a target.

Guest Phil K

I will pay him to drive tiote around with the doors locked for as long he is still possessed by the ghost of Alan Smith.

;D O0