Massadio Haïdara

He's much better going forward than any of our other options (before Lazaar signed).

Literally can't remember one thing he's done going forward. Usually gets to the byline and does a shit cross. Even his athleticism which was his major strong point could be weakened after all these injuries

He's much better going forward than any of our other options (before Lazaar signed).

Literally can't remember one thing he's done going forward. Usually gets to the byline and does a shit cross. Even his athleticism which was his major strong point could be weakened after all these injuries

In the match against Stoke a couple of seasons ago where they had two players sent off, he was given licence to maraud forward more and was winging in some lovely crosses. I think a good coach who could sort his role out could make a good full back out of him. But like I said, given his injuries I'm not sure we'll bother with him too much longer.

His crosses end up hitting the first defender 9/10 times. When it doesn't it's mostly a poor cross without adress. Just because he is quick some people think he is good offensively which he is not. His technique and ball handling is average at best. He handles the ball as if it is a handgrenade at times.

He is extremely raw and I just don't think he has enough natural talent to make it a success here. Might be "ok" for this league at best.

Before his leg break he was probably our best LB, after that, he's been naff defensively and decent enough going forward. If you combine him and Dummett, you'd a distinctively average full back.

Before his leg break he was probably our best LB, after that, he's been naff defensively and decent enough going forward. If you combine him and Dummett, you'd a distinctively average full back.

You combine the two and you get Davide Santon. You combine all three and you get Alessandro Pistone.

I don't see anything except a good athlete who is okay 1v1 in defensive areas. Crossing, passing, general defending, pap.

Yet you praised Dummett for having the exact same attributes?

Dummett is a good defender. He knows how to defend with his mind.  He generally makes the right decisions.  He's generally where he's meant to be positionally.  Rarely too tight. Rarely too wide.  Has good concentration.  Strong in the air.  He's just always thinking about danger and how to stop it.  Much like Aaron Hughes, he's probably not considered a CB for us due to a perceived lack of strength but he thinks like a proper defender.  He's rarely responsible for cheap goals.  He's rarely sleeping at the back post. But yes he's pap going forward and on the ball.  And he's not a great athlete, lacks agility.

Haidara on the other hand does not know how to defend. He's still learning the position.  He gets caught napping when the ball is on the other side.  He's in the wrong positions a fair bit.  That would be fine if he was any good going forward but he's not.  The vast majority of his crosses don't beat the man blocking it.  He also often does the Dummett aimless chip upfield. Overall football skills Dummett-esque with better athleticism without knowing how to defend or the aerial prowess. 

Davide Santon - a decent footballer. Good touch.  Passing and movement okay.  Produced the square root of eff all in the final third and couldn't defend.  The amount of goals conceded with him and Colo on that left side not caring at all about their responsibilities was shameful.  Masters of pap.  Santon couldn't even be bothered to run back into position. 

If Rafa can't make a decent LB out of this lad, nobody can but my money is on him emerging as a genuine LB competitor by Christmas....he has genuine attacking ability with the ability to cross on the run with his left foot, but defensive side needs lots of work

If I'm wrong, he'll be on his bike during the Jan window.

He'll be off soon anyway. Dummett's exactly Rafa's type of defender and character. Can't see him losing that position with the exception of the odd rotation.

He did just sign Yedlin and Lazaar, not of the Dummett ilk.

I don't see anything except a good athlete who is okay 1v1 in defensive areas. Crossing, passing, general defending, pap.

Yet you praised Dummett for having the exact same attributes?

Dummett is a good defender. He knows how to defend with his mind.  He generally makes the right decisions.  He's generally where he's meant to be positionally.  Rarely too tight. Rarely too wide.  Has good concentration.  Strong in the air.  He's just always thinking about danger and how to stop it.  Much like Aaron Hughes, he's probably not considered a CB for us due to a perceived lack of strength but he thinks like a proper defender.  He's rarely responsible for cheap goals.  He's rarely sleeping at the back post. But yes he's pap going forward and on the ball.  And he's not a great athlete, lacks agility.

Haidara on the other hand does not know how to defend. He's still learning the position.  He gets caught napping when the ball is on the other side.  He's in the wrong positions a fair bit.  That would be fine if he was any good going forward but he's not.  The vast majority of his crosses don't beat the man blocking it.  He also often does the Dummett aimless chip upfield. Overall football skills Dummett-esque with better athleticism without knowing how to defend or the aerial prowess. 

Davide Santon - a decent footballer. Good touch.  Passing and movement okay.  Produced the square root of eff all in the final third and couldn't defend.  The amount of goals conceded with him and Colo on that left side not caring at all about their responsibilities was shameful.  Masters of pap.  Santon couldn't even be bothered to run back into position.

This is s**** like. He's very prone to getting far too tight and being rinsed as it takes him a year to turn.

the usage of the word pap by dropout is fucking terrible.

Pap is like a porridge they cook in Africa. Maybe TCD was force fed it as a kid and ended up with a severe dislike of it. I was like that with rice pudding at school it made me want to puke.

Pap is like a porridge they cook in Africa. Maybe TCD was force fed it as a kid and ended up with a severe dislike of it. I was like that with rice pudding at school it made me want to puke.

Semolina for me like

Semolina for me like

Ugh. That was some slimy shit as well.

• 7 months later...

Bump. Thought he was great when he came on yesterday, aggressive in the challenge and good going forward (missed chance aside). Shame that he's been permanently injured for the last few years.

• 2 months later...