Massadio Haïdara

Optimistic Nut

There should be some kind of petition started to ask for greater accountability in The FA.

I should probably know, but how are they funded? Sponsors? Partners? Do clubs give them any percentage of their earnings? All of the above?

If fans can argue in any way that they feel any money the FA receives from them is not being used in the appropriate way, or any guidelines written by the FA that they themselves agree to stick to are being well and truly missed, then surely a group of fans has a case to make?

There has to be thousands of fans from most Premier League clubs that could find numerous faults with how they have been represented by the FA, either as fans or as a club. I'm guessing everyone but Man Utd.

Looks like the player has got off on a technicality. The fact that one of the linesmen (presumably the one on the same touchline) got some kind of a view of the incident, even if it wasn’t a complete one, means there’s no retrospective punishment.

I understand the principle of not re-refereeing incidents, but I suspect that the linesman saw the clash but couldn’t see precisely where McManaman’s foot was making contact with Haidara. To me, that’s the same as not seeing the incident.

Any more evidence of corruption needed?  The governing bodies of football are all corrupt.  We accept FIFA and UEFA are corrupt, yet expect the our own FA to be free of that?  It's naive.

I've always known the FA to be corrupt, especially with the referee's and the decision always being awarded to the big clubs. However I never thought they would be stupid enough to be so blatant about it like UEFA and FIFA are.

And to think Rangers fans want to come over hear because they think the SFA are corrupt.

Looks like the player has got off on a technicality. The fact that one of the linesmen (presumably the one on the same touchline) got some kind of a view of the incident, even if it wasn’t a complete one, means there’s no retrospective punishment.

I understand the principle of not re-refereeing incidents, but I suspect that the linesman saw the clash but couldn’t see precisely where McManaman’s foot was making contact with Haidara. To me, that’s the same as not seeing the incident.

There is indeed a principle, but this was quite extraordinary and should have been treat accordingly.

We should have Saylor dance infront of the ref and order Tiote to attack everyone.

We should have Saylor deliberately score own goals when he plays for England.

This would actually be fucking awesome. :lol:

Don't think this is corruption, it's stupidity. Don't see why they'd favour Wigan.

Would they field a referee for a Newcastle game that lived less than ten miles from the city? They were clearly favoured prior to kick off.

We should have Saylor dance infront of the ref and order Tiote to attack everyone.

We should have Saylor deliberately score own goals when he plays for England.

This would actually be fucking awesome. :lol:

"And it's Taylor on the line to block the shot.....oh he's walk out of the way".

Don't think this is corruption, it's stupidity. Don't see why they'd favour Wigan.

Would they field a referee for a Newcastle game that lived less than ten miles from the city? They were clearly favoured prior to kick off.

Seriously? is that how far away he lives?

Wasn't there a rule about referee's having to live at least 50 miles from any club he referee's? Jeff Winter was only just allowed to referee our games when he lived on Teesside.

Disgusting, who cares if the ref saw it, its a fucking disgusting challenge. We all know if it was Rooney etc then they'd be an uproar, I hope the club sues the FA and Wigan for it, utterly disgusted.

Wasn't there a rule about referee's having to live at least 50 miles from any club he referee's? Jeff Winter was only just allowed to referee our games when he lived on Teesside.

Don't forget that Jeff Winter refereed two (almost) matches for us vs The Smogs and fucked us over both (almost) times.

Lives in Bolton, literally right on the other side of the M61 to Wigan.

Guest Slippery Sam

If Wigan do stay up then we should forfeit the game at their place.  We play shite there anyhow and we would be depriving them of the much-needed funding that they get from our magnificent support.