Massadio Haïdara

Optimistic Nut

we actually have competition for at position - thats positive for once...

Except similar to the forward situation, none of the contenders is actually proven to be currently of the required quality.

true, but they fighting to be 2nd choice after santon!

He's started two games and we've conceded 9 goals. I would sell him and put Dummett back on the starting lineup, he's a proper defender.

I know you're taking the piss but I blame the lack of cover for Janmaat for the 2nd goal and I thought Haidara had a good game.

He's a massive step up on Dumbshit both defensively and offensively, not a great game today but shouldn't be dropped any time soon.

The joy of having him and Aarons down the left instead of Dummett and Gouffran.

He's a massive step up on Dumbshit both defensively and offensively, not a great game today but shouldn't be dropped any time soon.

The joy of having him and Aarons down the left instead of Dummett and Gouffran.

Actually was. Aarons was the only reason we got something today.

He's still a bit all over the place defensively & while he wasn't directly responsible for any goals (having not seen them back) he doesn't half add something going forward, probably our best player first half.

Despite some weaknesses, both him and Santon are a million times better than Dummett. I just can't see what Dummett offers over Haidara. Haidara is athletic, gets forward, causes problems and gets back. Dummett is just shit

Despite some weaknesses, both him and Santon are a million times better than Dummett. I just can't see what Dummett offers over Haidara. Haidara is athletic, gets forward, causes problems and gets back. Dummett is just shit

Dummett is quite solid defensively in a championship sort of way. If were playing with 10 men in our own half for 90 mins he could do a job.

Despite some weaknesses, both him and Santon are a million times better than Dummett. I just can't see what Dummett offers over Haidara. Haidara is athletic, gets forward, causes problems and gets back. Dummett is just s***

Dummett is quite solid defensively in a championship sort of way. If were playing with 10 men in our own half for 90 mins he could do a job.

He will shine next season at this rate

As much as I like the kid, especially for his attacking attributes, he really need to learn how to head a football.

Seems near enough every jump he makes is mis-timed and every contact would suggest his head is shaped like Obertan's.

Guest firetotheworks

He gets forward and he's direct which I prefer. Honestly couldn't really give a shit who's picked tbh, they both have weaknesses.

There iS a decent player in there with Haidara - MUCH better coming forward than either Santon or Dummett.

He is still young and a decent manager/coach could improve his reading of a game and his defensive weaknesses which are mainly as a result of his eagerness to attack. Crosses the ball with his LEFT foot, unlike Santon and has more pace than Dummett. He is raw and his game was set back by that tackle by Mcmanaman at Wigan but I would persist with him...extra coaching in the afternoons to sort him out.

• 1 month later...

Thought this lad played well.

It was very annoying when he would make runs forward, dribble too much and eventually lose it - did that 2/3 times in the first half. But as then game grew he released the ball better. Looked to have tremendous fitness. He was very good in 1v1 situations. He spent 70 minutes defending and ALWAYS supporting attacks, Navas came on but he dealt with him well too.

I honestly think he has massive potential. He has all the tools to be a world class LB. Just needs more time to get better at his decision making and be more calm with the ball at his feet.