Harry Redknapp

MyPalAl

I'd hope he's committing his future to them as, if he walks, he'll be at the front of the queue for our job with his historical links to Ashley.

Whilst he'd undoubtedly get us playing better football (who wouldn't?) he'd hardly be long term appointment.

I admire the recent appointments of Spurs, Swansea, Liverpool & Southampton in terms of appointing young(ish) managers who have the ability to implement a long term plan with some style. All of these Managers have a 'way' of delivering football teams who can implement a way of playing to a set plan.

I'd love somebody along these lines and, possibly bar AVB, all would have been within NUFC's reach before they moved to their current clubs.

I'd hope he's committing his future to them as, if he walks, he'll be at the front of the queue for our job with his historical links to Ashley.

Whilst he'd undoubtedly get us playing better football (who wouldn't?) he'd hardly be long term appointment.

I admire the recent appointments of Spurs, Swansea, Liverpool & Southampton in terms of appointing young(ish) managers who have the ability to implement a long term plan with some style. All of these Managers have a 'way' of delivering football teams who can implement a way of playing to a set plan.

I'd love somebody along these lines and, possibly bar AVB, all would have been within NUFC's reach before they moved to their current clubs.

As if he would take a job any further north than Watford man. Wouldn't want him anyway

I hate Redknapp and like people say he would never come up north but I can see him getting a lot more out of Ben Arfa, Sissoko, Cabaye etc Plus he could convince Remy to come with him.

But basically anybody would be an improvement on Pardew at this point and for the first time ever I actually wouldn't care if it was Redknapp. (Except it won't be anyway so this is pointless of me :))

As if he would take a job any further north than Watford man. Wouldn't want him anyway

I wouldn't want him for the reasons given but it'd be his last chance at a big club. Not only that, but he's obviously got some degree of a relationship with Ashley.

This may help his case in so much as Ashley has appointed 'known quantities' in JFK and Prdew.

I think he'd come now as he's not got much else to look forward to other than the Championship. But I don'twant him here, and I doubt Ashley does either after he pissed us about last time. Complete wanker IMO.

I hate him, but he'd get us into top 7 with this side. I honestly believe that.

Probably correct but would it be sustainable given he's only a couple of years off retirement? For that reason, it'd all be a pointless. I'd much rather take a punt on a younger man with an ability to get his teams playing a certain style of football.

I detest the man but he would get the best out of this squad no doubt, cannot imagine we have had any contact with him. Soon see when we play them, if there has been any interest he won't want to send us down if he is coming next season..

Agree he's not the long term answer, but I'd take him for the last 3 games!

Big bonus to keep us up etc....would suit Harry down to the ground, that.

Madness I know, but I'm pretty fucking desperate, hopefully Ashley is as well!

FOOTBALL

Harry Redknapp will remain manager of Queens Park Rangers despite their relegation to the Championship, the club have announced.

"I have had a positive meeting with Harry," chairman Tony Fernandes told the club website. "I don't think there was any point where he was thinking of not being with us and continuing this project he has embarked upon with a third of the season through."

I hate him, but he'd get us into top 7 with this side. I honestly believe that.

He usually has one good season before it starts going tits up. Not the answer IMO.

When has that happened to him? Not that I want him, like.

• 2 weeks later...