Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa joins AS Roma then Lyon

KaKa

Off the pitch that's arguably assault.

:dowie:

Apart from the fact that it isn't, it's a game called football. As in your play with your feet. People are going to get kicked. That's not too far away from saying "aye outside of the boxing ring that's assault".

Guest VanBarduck

Wasn't a horror tackle at all.

:facepalm:

It wasn't. Not sure what that facepalm is about

It's a disgusting tackle, the kind I received every weekend from thick defenders who didn't like to be nutmegged.

It's about intent. He's not interested in the ball. That's why I said "arguably." If you look at the replays, as soon as he comes close to Nasri, he starts hacking. Specifically trying to stop or take him down. No way was it as bad as many of the two-footed horror shows we've seen recently, as the result wasn't too bad at all. I'm actually surprised Nasri's even out for that long, as he did make the most of it.

Guest VanBarduck

I've just seen the tackle again, I thought it wasn't too bad during the game but it was a shocker.

A combination of lack of confidence , desire of making a good impression and thick brain.

Guest VanBarduck

It's a disgusting tackle, the kind I received every weekend from thick defenders who didn't like to be nutmegged.

Ridiculous Hyperbole. He hacked him down, the same way people do when teams are on the break.

I easily get what type of player you are on the pitch.

Ridiculous Hyperbole. He hacked him down, the same way people do when teams are on the break.

This, it was a cynical hack to stop him breaking away, the type you see quite often and a yellow the correct decision.

Aye i'm not denying it was a poor tackle. Like Santoon said it wasn't too different to tackles you see every game where they try to take players down, but he did kick out harder than you usually see, so I think it could have been a red. There's a massive middle ground between 'typical tackle to stop a breakaway' and 'assault' and it falls somewhere in between the two  :lol:

Either way between this and Pardew being a massive bellend it has taken away from the real issue which was the Tioté goal.

Off the pitch that's arguably assault.

:dowie:

Apart from the fact that it isn't, it's a game called football. As in your play with your feet. People are going to get kicked. That's not too far away from saying "aye outside of the boxing ring that's assault".

:lol:

You see fair tackles in the street all the time.

It was a bad tackle particular as he had a second bite at the cherry. If he wanted to stop Nasri getting away, a thug of his shirt would have done it, no need to hit the knees. But for Man Cunt fans to day that this was an assault with the malicious intent of getting the player injured intent is just way overboard. And when the same fans then say that even De Jong's leg breaker on HBA was more acceptable because "at least he tried to get the ball", then I can only say that is a class A idiot!

Has apologised for the tackle.

Ben Lyttleton‏@benlyt46m

Yanga-Mbiwa #NUFC apologises to #Nasri via L’Equipe: ‘I tried to call, no answer, I left msge. I want to apologise in person. I was sorry’

Ben Lyttleton‏@benlyt46m

Yanga-Mbiwa on Nasri challenge: ‘Relieved [only] 8wks. Felt v bad WC might be in danger. No intention to hurt, no malice at all’ [L'Equipe]

Can imagine that call "please don't pick up, please don't pick up, GET IN!! answering machine!".

Fair play for apologising though, personally would have gone down the Wigan route, have Pardew claim there was nothing wrong, paint MYM as the victim and have Ashley tell his story of when he burnt his tongue on an apple pie but he doesn't blame McDonalds because that is just how it goes only for someone to then find numerous articles where he is slagging off McDonalds for making their apple pies too hot.

I've watched this tackle again and again - it isn't a good tackle, but I don't understand how it could be more than a yellow.  I think the last challenge is a poorly timed attempt to get the ball.  I don't think he is trying to hurt Nasri, it's just a bad challenge.

Can imagine that call "please don't pick up, please don't pick up, GET IN!! answering machine!".

Fair play for apologising though, personally would have gone down the Wigan route, have Pardew claim there was nothing wrong, paint MYM as the victim and have Ashley tell his story of when he burnt his tongue on an apple pie but he doesn't blame McDonalds because that is just how it goes only for someone to then find numerous articles where he is slagging off McDonalds for making their apple pies too hot.

:lol: Inspired.