Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa joins AS Roma then Lyon

KaKa

Guest hatem garrincha

Professional foul, yellow card. As for Nasri, light a f***ing candle.

This

Aye. Not seen a replay of it yet, but from the stands it seemed clear that he just brought Nasri down to stop them breaking away. IIRC he had about three attempts at it.

You need to see the replay then. Because it's a very bad tackle.

This

Aye. Not seen a replay of it yet, but from the stands it seemed clear that he just brought Nasri down to stop them breaking away. IIRC he had about three attempts at it.

It wasn't pretty but still only yellow. You just don't see reds given for tackles like that.

This

It wasn't pretty but still only yellow. You just don't see reds given for tackles like that.

totally agree  a yellow but that was it !!

Doesnt have to be nasty to be a red.  This could very easily have been a red.  Not the worst you'll ever see, but a poor tackle compounded by the second sweep he took as Nasri looked to have ridden the first.  I cant be the only one who enjoyed seeing Nasri take a hit mind, for all the diving and whining, and not just today

Guest Howaythetoon

It was a poor challenge, but never a red. He is a good footballer this lad and needs to start playing at CB regularly.

Guest hatem garrincha

compounded by the second sweep he took as Nasri looked to have ridden the first.

Exactly!

A red for me. I like Mapou but it was a nasty tackle.

It's a case of the injury being worse than the offence in my opinion. Bad tackle that could possibly have been given a red but you see challenges than that all the time, they just go by without much mention because no one got hurt.

It's a case of the injury being worse than the offence in my opinion. Bad tackle that could possibly have been given a red but you see challenges than that all the time, they just go by without much mention because no one got hurt.

Spot on, he's obviously meant to bring him down but I very doubt he's tried to 'do' him otherwise he wouldn't have needed 3 go's at it.

Guest Brazilianbob

Bo**ocks to Nasri injury, its payback time for Ben Arfa's double leg break and not even a yellow card!!  What goes around comes around!!!  City will just have to take it on the chin like we did......

Spot on, he's obviously meant to bring him down but I very doubt he's tried to 'do' him otherwise he wouldn't have needed 3 go's at it.

I'm sure he wouldn't want to do in a fellow Frenchman that's mates with the rest of our squad and possibly even friends?

Guest firetotheworks

I always laugh at the whole "do that in the street and you'd get locked up" argument, as if football matches take place on Northumberland Street.

I always laugh at the whole "do that in the street and you'd get locked up" argument, as if football matches take place on Northumberland Street.

I'm not sure 'but I got the ball' would wash with the police after any sort of tackle on a fellow shopper tbh.

Bo**ocks to Nasri injury, its payback time for Ben Arfa's double leg break and not even a yellow card!!  What goes around comes around!!!  City will just have to take it on the chin like we did......

Sounds like you've very much taken it on the chin :lol:

I was surprised he took so long staying down and that he was time-wasting. The tackle wasn't that bad to cause that kind of injury.

Mapou's head went a bit after the incident.  Taking out a French international (team-mate of many of the most influential players on your own club side) in a world cup year doesn't sound like the right way to get a ticket to Brasil