Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa joins AS Roma then Lyon

KaKa

MYM didn't play (that) well for us for the same reason Coloccini has struggled in the past. Neither of them are physically suited to perform the John Terry role. Both would be superb alongside someone like John Terry IMO.

We could do with a horrible, nasty git in defence, I agree.

I'd forgotten being asked to mark the likes of Shane Long constitutes the John Terry role. Coloccini has struggled because he was a poor athlete to begin with and this has gotten worse to the point of farcicality. Mapou's mitigating circumstances are vast.

I'd forgotten being asked to mark the likes of Shane Long constitutes the John Terry role. Coloccini has struggled because he was a poor athlete to begin with and this has gotten worse to the point of farcicality. Mapou's mitigating circumstances are vast.

Long is a great athlete who runs nearly constantly, tbf. It's maybe his only positive attribute. You are right in general, though. Of the CBs at the club now, Taylor is the only one who even approaches the requisite level of physicality and athleticism we should look for in that position, and he is constantly injured and also an idiot. Williamson is weak physically and in the air for his size (Look what Moses did to him). Dummett needs to forget leftback and spend a year adapting to position physically and mentally. It has been a problem for quite a while. Bassong should have stayed at the club.

Guest firetotheworks

I remember when we made these signings, there was a French reporter going through our signings and in hindsight got them all spot on, stuff about Debuchy being a very athletic right back that loved to get forward and getting involved in attacks and that he was a threat from set pieces (lol), that Sissoko is a powerful runner whose form had dropped a bit, that Gouffran could go either way but could be a decent back up striker, it was always quite cautious about his opinion though, but described Yanga Mbiwa as 'the real deal' and said about how there was surprise in France that he was coming here and not somewhere like Arsenal. He then went through his achievements already and said that he would be brilliant.

It just goes to show, like.

Long is a great athlete who runs nearly constantly, tbf. It's maybe his only positive attribute. You are right in general, though. Of the CBs at the club now, Taylor is the only one who even approaches the requisite level of physicality and athleticism we should look for in that position, and he is constantly injured and also an idiot. Williamson is weak physically and in the air for his size (Look what Moses did to him). Dummett needs to forget leftback and spend a year adapting to position physically and mentally. It has been a problem for quite a while. Bassong should have stayed at the club.

This is what I said previously as well, Williamson is weak in the air for his size, and Taylor prefers to hang back and defend deep rather than attack the big strikers. Collocini and MYM are competent in the air, but against a genuine aerial threat they will not be up to it for 90 mins. Shane Long has a very good leap and with a running start it wasn't that much of a surprise he won that tussle.

To suggest Mbiwa has been any worse than any of the other CB's we've had whilst he's been here is daft IMO. Most of the mistakes he was making could have been coached out of him unlike those of Willo and Colo. Really thought that over time we'd have a fantastic defender on our hands.

Yep. He needs to hit the gym and put on about 15 lbs if he's going to survive as a CB. Not good enough technically to get away with being the size he is now.

Steven Taylor did that and spent the rest of his career tearing muscles, tendons and ligaments.

Taylor's also an idiot who plays with reckless abandon. I don't see that in Dummett.

One way or the other, he needs to get stronger if he's going to play CB long-term.

Steven Taylor did that and spent the rest of his career tearing muscles, tendons and ligaments.

Taylor's also an idiot who plays with reckless abandon. I don't see that in Dummett.

One way or the other, he needs to get stronger if he's going to play CB long-term.

He's still a pretty young lad. Best way for any footballer to develop physically is naturally.

Good luck to the lad, but he wasn't good for us and even he admits he wasn't suited to the Premier League. Probably gets an easy ride because a lot blame Pardew for literally everything that's gone wrong at the club since 2012.

Not a good start for you here.

Shut up! Never got a proper chance at CB. Played out of position and didn't have a manager that backed him. Never got the chance to recover mentally and adapt. For this alone i will never forgive or rate pardew!

He's still a pretty young lad. Best way for any footballer to develop physically is naturally.

It behooves me to point out the lack of empathy you at times have displayed towards MYM's potential to adjust to this league, but continually point those factors out for players like Dummett and Alnwick.

It behooves me to point out the lack of empathy you at times have displayed towards MYM's potential to adjust to this league, but continually point those factors out for players like Dummett and Alnwick.

MYM didn't play well for us. He looked a liability too often.

I in no way think this is a reflection of his quality or potential, both of which are considerable.

Dummett's been solid for us. Never looked owt special or anything like a liability - which makes him worthy of a place in our defence, like it or not. And I think my exact words on Alnwick were 'he's crap, but 21-year-old keepers with no professional experience generally are'.

Maybe becoming literate will stop you becoming behoved. :thup:

I in no way think this is a reflection of his quality or potential, both of which are considerable.

Dummett's been solid for us. Never looked owt special or anything like a liability - which makes him worthy of a place in our defence, like it or not. And I think my exact words on Alnwick were 'he's crap, but 21-year-old keepers with no professional experience generally are'.

Maybe becoming more objective in your proclamations will make you come across as more, well, objective. Dummett's never been a liability? He's cost us goals, almost as many mistakes as the plethora that MYM supposedly made. Yet people seem to have the former's back like he's some sort of solid CB for the future. Based on way little evidence than there was for MYM.

Anyways, we're not really disagreeing, and at no point did I display even a modicum of illiteracy, a charge I take an incredibly personal offence to. And it's 'behooved,' not 'behoved,' since you brought up literacy :thup:

Maybe becoming more objective in your proclamations will make you come across as more, well, objective. Dummett's never been a liability? He's cost us goals, almost as many mistakes as the plethora that MYM supposedly made. Yet people seem to have the former's back like he's some sort of solid CB for the future. Based on way little evidence than there was for MYM.

Anyways, we're not really disagreeing, and at no point did I display even a modicum of illiteracy, a charge I take an incredibly personal offence to. And it's 'behooved,' not 'behoved,' since you brought up literacy :thup:

It isn't, actually.

And we won't disagree if you don't misunderstand/misrepresent my words. I said 100 times I wanted MYM in the side instead of Coloccini.

oh it's another fucking usa vs uk english thing, again :anguish:

Yeah it is, haha.

Anyways, it's good to get into it with Ronaldo once in a while, cleanses the mind and soul.

I'm done with the rabble-rousing for the day, we're on the same page anyway, Ron.

It isn't, actually.

And we won't disagree if you don't misunderstand/misrepresent my words. I said 100 times I wanted MYM in the side instead of Coloccini.

Coloccini and MYM weren't the problem though, they could do their jobs as non-big centre forwards, both have strengths in other areas. Where we have really struggled is in the big dominating CB who can provide the aerial presence and in that regard we have no one. Unless you consider your shout as captaincy material Willo as the natural leader.