Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa joins AS Roma then Lyon

KaKa

Is Douglas what we need when colo leaves?

Pretty much, we've already got Colo's replacement imo and Douglas would be good to partner Yanga-Mbiwa, we all know (unfortunately) that we can't rely on Taylor staying fit.

Is Douglas what we need when colo leaves?

Pretty much, we've already got Colo's replacement imo and Douglas would be good to partner Yanga-Mbiwa, we all know (unfortunately) that we can't rely on Taylor staying fit.

We need at leaset 3 quality ch if we are serious about anything

Thought this lad tired quite badly on Thursday, nearly cost us a goal (Krul making a worldy) letting his man go from a corner and then preceding to air kick his next clearance. Understandable given he's a little out of practise but as with all the squad it's something to work on. Aside from that I was pretty impressed with him, first time I've seen him play and I look forward to seeing more be it in the league or Europa. So nice to have choice back there after years of make do and mend.

Not really against Taylor starting on Sunday, he hasn't made a complete catastrophe to warrant being dropped yet. It's his shirt to lose.

In the mean time, I hope we get to see Mapou start the Europa games, it will keep him in and around the team, whilst helping him integrate with the squad as he waits for his chance in the league.

Taylor has been in good enough form, he should play.

There's arguments for both really. As I'd say Yanga-Mbiwa and Colo on Thursday night looked a better partnership than Colo and Taylor have together recently.

Krul

Mbiwa.        Saylor.    Coloccini

Debuchy.              Cabaye.    Tiote.              Santon

Sissoko.                      HBA

Cisse

Krul

Cisse

In all seriousness this would, theoretically at least, look plausible. It would allow both Santon and Debuchy to attack more regularly, whilst also allowing HBA and Sissoko to be central where they are more influential. This is Pardew though- tactical experimentation?  :D

Guest VanBarduck

3 at the back has been horrendous for us in the past and scares the s*** out of me.

It depends on who's playing and what their qualities are , with simpson , perch or even Ryan Taylor at LB , like we use to play about a year ago , it sure looks scary .

Krul

Cisse

In all seriousness this would, theoretically at least, look plausible. It would allow both Santon and Debuchy to attack more regularly, whilst also allowing HBA and Sissoko to be central where they are more influential. This is Pardew though- tactical experimentation?  :D

Maybe it's not a formation to start the game with, but possibly one to change to, bringing on the extra CB during the game to turn a result.

Guest VanBarduck

Krul

Cisse

Would love to see that someday , it take some guts to post that in here , people are so frigid  ;D

Krul

Cisse

Would love to see that someday , it take some guts to post that in here , people are so frigid  ;D

I don't think our coaching staff could implement it effectively.