Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa joins AS Roma then Lyon

KaKa

Fact is, if we go into the summer with Pardew, and he doesn't get a big say on the players he wants, this kind of thing is just going to keep happening over and over again. Ashley’s current plan is flawed unless basically this is actually what he wants. Which is hard to see when he’s missing out on millions on potential player sales.

He's never going to get full value of Carr with Pardew, and then he’s never going to get full value of Pardew with Carr. They are pulling in opposite directions, then coming together on some sort of agreement. If Ashley had any ambition or any football logic, he'd see what a great asset Carr could be with the right man controlling the side. Ashley is either blind to it or just content with how things are going and feels no need for change.

I'm with Brett on this. The sooner we can get players like MYM, Anita, HBA, Marveaux, Cisse off our books the better. They've just been an anchor around Pard's neck. He needs to able to choose from players he actually wants so he can shape the team with his own vision in mind!

The sad thing is, Pards probably looks at the squads of West Ham and Sunderland with envy. He'd love a team of Mark Noble's and Liam Bridcutt's.

When he took over, he had a squad he could work with. Then we flogged them and started to rebuild. That's what doesn't make sense to me. Ashley knew he was flogging off these players so why didn't he pick a manager who could work with Carr's findings in the first place. Just doesn't make sense with Ashley. When Hughton was sacked (correctly), it was the perfect opportunity to upgrade to a top manager and start the rebuilding.

I think its pretty clear why like.

Why?

Because Pardew's his puppet. The guy who wont answer back. He'll get on with the job under all conditions. He'll get all this and Pards will even dedicate a win to him now and again. Why would he want anyone else?

Because Pardew's his puppet. The guy who wont answer back. He'll get on with the job under all conditions. He'll get all this and Pards will even dedicate a win to him now and again. Why would he want anyone else?

Like i said previously, he's missing out on millions of pounds in potential player sales. Fair enough he's got the odd couple of big ones, that looks clearly his plan but it could be working so much better under the right manager. It does seem like he's just content with how things are going though and showing no ambition to change things anytime soon.

Fact is, if we go into the summer with Pardew, and he doesn't get a big say on the players he wants, this kind of thing is just going to keep happening over and over again. Ashley’s current plan is flawed unless basically this is actually what he wants. Which is hard to see when he’s missing out on millions on potential player sales.

He's never going to get full value of Carr with Pardew, and then he’s never going to get full value of Pardew with Carr. They are pulling in opposite directions, then coming together on some sort of agreement. If Ashley had any ambition or any football logic, he'd see what a great asset Carr could be with the right man controlling the side. Ashley is either blind to it or just content with how things are going and feels no need for change.

I'm with Brett on this. The sooner we can get players like MYM, Anita, HBA, Marveaux, Cisse off our books the better. They've just been an anchor around Pard's neck. He needs to able to choose from players he actually wants so he can shape the team with his own vision in mind!

The sad thing is, Pards probably looks at the squads of West Ham and Sunderland with envy. He'd love a team of Mark Noble's and Liam Bridcutt's.

When he took over, he had a squad he could work with. Then we flogged them and started to rebuild. That's what doesn't make sense to me. Ashley knew he was flogging off these players so why didn't he pick a manager who could work with Carr's findings in the first place. Just doesn't make sense with Ashley. When Hughton was sacked (correctly), it was the perfect opportunity to upgrade to a top manager and start the rebuilding.

I think its pretty clear why like.

Why?

Yep, and play down lack of transfer activity, and lessen expectations, and insult the fans, etc.  The positives are endless.

Not too mention the most important fact of all that he's cheap as fuck compared to a 'proper manager'.

And that he is unlikely to leave or kick up a fuss because he knows he won't get any better than he has because he shouldn't be anywhere near the club in the first place.

Guest DebuchyAndTheBeast

I wouldn't mind seeing us play with a drastically new formation like Poyet's 541. MYM,Willo and Colo in the middle, Santon and Haidara as wingbacks. We'd probably still be shit in defence but better at building play from the back.

I wouldn't mind seeing us play with a drastically new formation like Poyet's 541. MYM,Willo and Colo in the middle, Santon and Haidara as wingbacks. We'd probably still be s*** in defence but better at building play from the back.

We still wouldn't score goals.

Bridcutt? Very similar player to Anita as he keeps his side ticking over, but as with Anita he lacks in the physical department.

I dunno, similar maybe but I think he 'papers over the cracks' ( :anguish: ) by being a hard-runner. Not a bad player and neither is Noble. But they make up squads that play very defensive (negative) football at times. The kind of football that Pardew is trying and failing to implement here, because he doesn't have the personnel.

If he's not going anywhere, we might as well get him the players he needs to play that kind of football. We should just be prepared to dog it out for 15th with the likes of West Ham and Crystal Palace. Which would be, unfortunately, completely acceptable to Ashley and Co.

I wouldn't mind seeing us play with a drastically new formation like Poyet's 541. MYM,Willo and Colo in the middle, Santon and Haidara as wingbacks. We'd probably still be s*** in defence but better at building play from the back.

That because that formation has served them up so well so we should emulate it?  :lol:

3 at back hasn't worked for many sides in the PL tbf. Rodgers tried it a few times this season, like. Haven't seen it for a while so not sure it worked for him either.

Guest neesy111

Has anyone actually seen NUFC try 3 at the back while in the PL?  Always been a complete utter disaster no matter who the manager was.

Guest neesy111

Has anyone actually seen NUFC try 3 at the back while in the PL?  Always been a complete utter disaster no matter who the manager was.

Didn't we do it at stoke with Willo-fat Sol- Colo?

Yeap.  Lost 4-0.

Guest bimpy474

I'd rather see this lad and Ben Arfa with a different manager playing for us, than us giving our current manager different players.

I'd be more than happy to start next season with Debuchy, Mapou, Someone New, Santon as our back 4. Santon's not brilliant, but they're all good enough. The key is the new CB we sign. Needs to be a leader and capable of stepping up right now.

I'd be more than happy to start next season with Debuchy, Mapou, Someone New, Santon as our back 4. Santon's not brilliant, but they're all good enough. The key is the new CB we sign. Needs to be a leader and capable of stepping up right now.

Totally agree with this.

I'd be more than happy to start next season with Debuchy, Mapou, Someone New, Santon as our back 4. Santon's not brilliant, but they're all good enough. The key is the new CB manager we sign. Needs to be a leader and capable of stepping up right now.