Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa joins AS Roma then Lyon

KaKa

Guest bimpy474

Just strikes me as a player who has always got a mistake waiting to happen (which you could probably say about all our CBs in fairness). Given he's unlikely to be first choice under Pardew, can see why Pards is trying to shift him given the high wages. 

I agree with most of that tbf. The one thing that will annoy though, is if we do shift MYM we'll end (could) up buying or loaning someone not as good, probably on the same money. Which makes it daft to loan or sell MYM in the first place.

Just strikes me as a player who has always got a mistake waiting to happen (which you could probably say about all our CBs in fairness). Given he's unlikely to be first choice under Pardew, can see why Pards is trying to shift him given the high wages. 

I agree with most of that tbf. The one thing that will annoy though, is if we do shift MYM we'll end (could) up buying or loaning someone not as good, probably on the same money. Which makes it daft to loan or sell MYM in the first place.

All our defenders have that problem though, it's just MYM isn't a Pard favourite and he can't get it out his head that he's somehow a RB? If/when we offload him I fully expect us to get another tall CB clogger which is a shame.

Guest bimpy474

All our defenders have that problem though, it's just MYM isn't a Pard favourite and he can't get it out his head that he's somehow a RB? If/when we offload him I fully expect us to get another tall CB clogger which is a shame.

Aye, we do need a clogger type though, prefer the term no nonsense myself :lol: But to play alongside MYM, not to replace him.

Aye, we do need a clogger type though, prefer the term no nonsense myself :lol: But to play alongside MYM, not to replace him.

:thup: It's quite clear as a day as well. No idea how that Douglas guy was and how he's doing but he was the type of player that we seemingly needed alongside MYM.

This. We should be keeping MYM to replace Colo, he's on the decline, Colo and a commanding CB would work, with a view to MYM replacing him in the long term. Can see Pardew wanting 2 commanding CBs though, so long as they can jump and we can float a FK or corner to them.

Fwiw I think MYM was brought in to replace Colo until he pulled a 180 and stayed and now he's surplus to requirements cuz Pards will never replace his captain.

Just think, if Kinnear hadn't stopped that deal then when Colo and the glass idiot got injured we might have stumbled on the perfect partnership in Douglas and MYM.  They could have gone on to power us to champions league and premiership glory for years to come.

Oh well, still got Willo and the bestest set penis in the world.

Guest bimpy474

Just think, if Kinnear hadn't stopped that deal then when Colo and the glass idiot got injured we might have stumbled on the perfect partnership in Douglas and MYM.  They could have gone on to power us to champions league and premiership glory for years to come.

Oh well, still got Willo and the bestest set penis in the world.

:lol:

Our defence is a joke. There's nothing there I'd be too arsed about losing, however mapou would be one of the last, I'd certainly not loan him out or sell him at a meaningful loss.

Mapou and Colo are both terrible in the air. Both of them need to be paired with someone we apparently aren't willing to buy.

Shows how much the club take note of Pardews opinion. Im sure hes been banging on about signing an aerially dominant centre half for three years now.

Mapou and Colo are both terrible in the air. Both of them need to be paired with someone we apparently aren't willing to buy.

Both would look perfectly fine next to someone like Hangelaand from a couple of years ago.

See, for me, it's the likes of Williamson and Taylor who are more likely to be exposed over a full season, although not necessarily in the air. Try playing the two of them together and see how that works out.

Guest chopey

I'd rather we just signed two proper defenders who don't need to have their hands held.

Southampton and Villa seem to enjoy a good fire sale have either of them not got a decent centre half we could pick up ?

I'd rather we just signed two proper defenders who don't need to have their hands held.

Southampton and Villa seem to enjoy a good fire sale have either of them not got a decent centre half we could pick up ?

Lol, no chance we would pay Southampton prices.

Makes you wonder what we look for when we sign central defenders. We must have spent over £15m on Colo and Yanga, but we still look vulnerable in the air.

Makes you wonder what we look for when we sign central defenders. We must have spent over £15m on Colo and Yanga, but we still look vulnerable in the air.

Presumably they were never meant to play together.

Presumably they were never meant to play together.

Yet we are looking to loan out one, and the other didn't want to be here a year ago. Williamson and Taylor are not good enough either, so we don't really seem any nearer to getting a working pair between them.