Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa joins AS Roma then Lyon

KaKa

I have a hunch that Mapou is still in with a chance. It is clear that unlike others such as HBA and Marveaux and Jonas, Pardew has not ostracised him, gave him 90 mins against Oldham and took him to New Zealand. All our Centre backs are presently available so that says a lot to me.

Guest bimpy474

I have a hunch that Mapou is still in with a chance. It is clear that unlike others such as HBA and Marveaux and Jonas, Pardew has not ostracised him, gave him 90 mins against Oldham and took him to New Zealand. All our Centre backs are presently available so that says a lot to me.

Tells me that we have plenty of cover in midfield so Pardew can treat Marv, Hatem, Jonas and Obertan as terribly has he likes, but we zilch cover in CB and he may need MYM.

Guest bimpy474

Yep, pretty much.

Though leaving him out might have been Pardew's way of telling Ashley we need another centre back.

Not sure Ashley would care but it's a fair point. I would say the CB situation is the usual one now, player has to leave before a replacement is signed.

I think we only bought him because we were convinced Colo was leaving and because he stayed, it has meant MYM has largely been surplus to requirements.  I don't think Ashley will take such a risk again as it is obvious Pardew will not drop Colo so MYM will not get game time unless Pardew has no other choice.

So when Colo and Saylor get injured, it's Willo and Elliot at centre half?

They seem to have high hopes for Good, Streete and Satka - Good in particular is 21 now, if he's going to make the step up it needs to be soon. Sick of seeing our young players shipped out without being given a chance.

None of this is a reason for not keeping MYM by the way, would be my 1st choice from the 4 we have available, just not alongside Colo.

Guest bimpy474

The thickest thing and what i think will happen is, we loan MYM out and buy or loan another CB, who will be worse than him. Pardew at his very best.