Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa joins AS Roma then Lyon

KaKa

The amount of comments I've seen on various social media, people saying MYM was rubbish, and saying that was why he didn't get a decent run of games.

This all despite the fact Williamson was often played instead of him.

:jesuswept: Seriously, can't believe people can be so blinkered/thick.  :fool:

The amount of comments I've seen on various social media, people saying MYM was rubbish, and saying that was why he didn't get a decent run of games.

This all despite the fact Williamson was often played instead of him.

:jesuswept: Seriously, can't believe people can be so blinkered/thick.  :fool:

It doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things, his reputation will be restored at Roma and he'll probably go on to be an outstanding centre back for France worth double what he is now. So a few mongs in England won't understand it, I doubt he'll care.

I was so excited about him when he signed for us, like. Thought he had potential to be one of the best centre backs in the league. Probably still does, tbh. Right club at the wrong time I guess.

M'Biwa's best run of form was when he played with Williamson about 15-16 months ago. Unfortunately as soon as Coloccini was fit again he was straight back into the team and M'biwa never got another real chance/run in the side. That was the death knell of his time here and he was never going to be  used properly by Pardew after that.

Pardew asked for 6'2' dominant CB - he got MYM. Pardew's an idiot aye but we wasted a lot of  money on players he was never going to give a go.

Cabella has had a lucky reprieve.

Stop making the same boring point over and over again, man.  As if anyone doesn't know by now that the players brought in weren't always to Pardew's liking.  It's a well known fact but the longer he's gone the more you keep saying it, as if it's something new.  God knows why.

Pardew asked for 6'2' dominant CB - he got MYM. Pardew's an idiot aye but we wasted a lot of  money on players he was never going to give a go.

Stop making the same boring point over and over again, man.  As if anyone doesn't know by now that the players brought in weren't always to Pardew's liking.  It's a well known fact but the longer he's gone the more you keep saying it, as if it's something new.  God knows why.

I rarely post about Carr.

boring point

The College Dropout

Shocking.

Nail on head there, colo and MYM together were just too lightweight. Beggars beleif that willo was supposedly better than him.

Insane thing was as I recall we had that dominant cb lined up in Douglas on a free before dear JFK torpedoed it. A case of what might have been had him and MYM been able to forge a good partnership.

Nail on head there, colo and MYM together were just too lightweight. Beggars beleif that willo was supposedly better than him.

Williamson and Taylor were also lightweight despite their size. Williamson got bossed by N'zogbia, and Taylor prefers to retreat to the goal line than tussle with the big boys.

Theres no law against playing two CB's who aren't absolute tanks, MYM was strong and athletic enough, they could and should have had a chance to play more together.

Playing 2 ball playing CBs both on the small side has never worked in the PL. It never will, either. PL strikers are superathletes in 2015. Partnering Mapou with a bloke who gets outmuscled and out jumped by Shane Long would never have brought out the best in him.