Newcastle United 1 - 2 Reading - 19/01/13 - post-disaster reaction from page 53

Dave

Pardew must, if he was any kind of a fucking manager, would realise that our confidence is so fragile that sitting back and trying to play out a 1-0 would be torture on the nerves for the players. We need to go for a 2nd to get some breathing space.

HT: some decent football, a fantastic goal, could have been more had Cisse been in form. Keep it up lads.

Cisse has been unlucky, if he hadnt caught either so cleanly he would have scored. No excuse for his offsides mind.

The header and the volley were instinctive attempts of the type he scored last season, so I can understand the lack argument. The Debuchy lay up was a fairly easy finish you'd expect a top Premiership striker to tuck away though..

If only Ben Arfa was playing instead of Shola, it would be 4-0.

Give the guy a break. He's playing out of position and making a far better fist of it than Ba or Cisse did.

Obviously HBA is much better, but Shola has put a good shift in.

I think he has too. He is tricky on the ball, like no one (and possibly even himself) knows what he will do next.

Guest bimpy474

If only Ben Arfa was playing instead of Shola, it would be 4-0.

Give the guy a break. He's playing out of position and making a far better fist of it than Ba or Cisse did.

Didn't say he wasn't playing well, which he isn't but is doing the job as you said. If Ben Arfa was playing we would be murdering these as they are vunerable down that side, is what i was getting at.

Your apology is accepted by the way. :lol:

HT: some decent football, a fantastic goal, could have been more had Cisse been in form. Keep it up lads.

Cisse has been unlucky, if he hadnt caught either so cleanly he would have scored. No excuse for his offsides mind.

Cisse's done fine, he connected well with both chances. He's finding space and getting the ball, the rest is just a matter of time.

The save from the header in particular was outstanding. Cisse hit the volley too well.

Guest Klizsch

Anita - Cabaye with Marv ahead looks excellent, add HBA and some new fella on the other flank and this team isnt going down

Jonas and Shola only players that havent had any impact so far imo

Pardew must, if he was any kind of a fucking manager, would realise that our confidence is so fragile that sitting back and trying to play out a 1-0 would be torture on the nerves for the players. We need to go for a 2nd to get some breathing space.

:thup:

Long way to go yet. Very worried it'll be the typical Pardew showing when we're 1 up and we start kicking it long and defending on our six yard line.

Same here. Need to keep the momentum up and go for the 2nd goal.

Guest bimpy474

Cisse's done fine, he connected well with both chances. He's finding space and getting the ball, the rest is just a matter of time.

The save from the header in particular was outstanding. Cisse hit the volley too well.

And the cross from Debuchy, Cisse has been unlucky so far.

Watching the highlights. That chance they had on the counter - Simpson would be getting slated if he did what Debuchy did. Backing off for yards and then allows the cross in.

Nonsense.

What's nonsense?

I should mention that in no way am I defending Simpson. Just pointing it out.

Criminal how bad Jonas is. Playing with 10 men would see no difference.

I would consider swapping him and Santon around for the second half.

Or taking Jonás off altogether of course, but that's not going to happen.

Guest tobiazvanderziaz

My thought exactly.

You forgot the easiest one it seems.

Problem we have is that Shola will run out of steam soon, so probably Obertan on for him which leaves ?? for Jonas. Maybe Birigimana on and shuffle the midfield a bit.

HUGEEEEEEEEEEEE 2nd half this, could be crucial to the season that we win and win well.  Marveaux has been great in the moments he drives at Reading and Cabaye is just sex. Haven't seen Cisse get this sort of service since last season. On another day he could have had two already.