Who would you go for?

BONTEMPI

Under normal circumstances, Rafa would definitely come here. It's just working under the Ashley regime that could put him off - signing for Mike means you're signing away your dignity and Rafa has too much confidence in himself for that.

Salary.

What we have going for us if Rafa was a serious candidate is that his kids are still in England and he has apparently rejected multiple offers from abroad because he wants to live and work in England. Then if you take a look at all the teams that could feasibly attract him next year, there's maybe Arsenal if they let Wenger go which is very unlikely, then there's us. The rest of the top ten this year won't need a new manager and every other club wouldn't be able to offer the platform that we could offer him.

I think there isn't a way that Llambias gives him enough control of transfers that we're able to get him, but if you look at his options apart from us knowing the constraints that he's imposed, there's not many other clubs out there.

I actually could see Madrid getting him if Mourinho goes because they have long had a hard on for him and he's had long term links with people at the club.

We'd have to pay Benitez ten times the salary Pardew has. Is that realistic? Is it fuck.

£10m a year, so the highest paid manager in the world. Canny.

Where are you getting £1m from? I'm going off this: http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2010/dec/09/alan-pardew-newcastle-united-contract which says £450k.

Even if you're closer to the truth than I am, can you see us paying him five times as much? Still not happening.

I'd give Claude Puel a chance. He'd be a cheaper option than most out there and despite three average years at Lyon he had 6 fantastic years in turning Lille around and has now taken Nice from relegation candidates to the top six. He is used to working without a great deal of money and also plays attacking football. His philosophy is more about playing a style of football (movement, passing, utilising width and wingers) than simply picking up results and he always sets out to win football matches regardless of the opposition.

Guest Howaythetoon

We'd have to pay Benitez ten times the salary Pardew has. Is that realistic? Is it f***.

Where are you getting £1m from? I'm going off this: http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2010/dec/09/alan-pardew-newcastle-united-contract which says £450k.

Even if you're closer to the truth than I am, can you see us paying him five times as much? Still not happening.

I've head from numerous sources Pardew is on 250K basic with big bonuses etc.

You are right though, Rafa will command over 1m salary and we would never pay that.

Guest Howaythetoon

We have to go for Rafa like if there's any chance he'd come. The fact he went to Chelsea suggests he'd take s*** owners, not sure about his wages though.

The fact he worked under Hicks and Gillett says that tbh :lol:

And relentlessly complained about them...

We have to go for Rafa like if there's any chance he'd come. The fact he went to Chelsea suggests he'd take shit owners, not sure about his wages though.

you'd be surprised what managers put up with for a big wage.

In all seriousness though his problem at Chelsea hasn't been Abramovich (for once) but the fans

We'd have to pay Benitez ten times the salary Pardew has. Is that realistic? Is it f***.

You are right though, Rafa will command over 1m salary and we would never pay that.

You'd think though - what's another £million on a good manager? Surely Rafa would be expected to make that million back.

It's fair to say that, should we stay up, we have to be a very attractive place to manage. This team could, with a modicum of intelligent management, be top 12. Easy recognition.

"Top 12" :lol: :lol:  ...in a league of 20. Brilliant mate.

It's fair to say that, should we stay up, we have to be a very attractive place to manage. This team could, with a modicum of intelligent management, be top 12. Easy recognition.

???

Of course I should be more selfish and we should finish top 5 easy. I am dumber than cow. My point is any decent manager will be an improvement and see us perfectly safe, at the very, very least.

???

Of course I should be more selfish and we should finish top 5 easy. I am dumber than cow. My point is any decent manager will be an improvement and see us perfectly safe, at the very, very least.

Top 12 is a contradiction in terms...but the point seems lost on you. Never mind. It's been a stressful weekend for us all. :)

Guest neesy111

What should I say? Within the first 6 tenths in the league? Doesn't have the same ring to it.

First 60% of the league.

We'd have to pay Benitez ten times the salary Pardew has. Is that realistic? Is it fuck.

Which is 2010, two before signing his new deal.

Rafa won't want £100kpw, he won't get that anywhere unless PSG go for him, IMO he'd do the gig around 50/60 mark, so for me is 3 times the prices worth it and or doable? Yes.

WAT  :lol: