Who would you go for?

BONTEMPI

Sure it's been mentioned, but what's the deal with Laurent Blanc? Out of a job isn't he? Any chance he'd be interested?

Not good enough for us apparently although I bet he wins a lot more trophies than we do over the next decade.

Is that the general consensus on here? He won the French league with an unspectacular Bordeaux side and then took a national team in disarray on a 20 game unbeaten run. I would love him personally, is it realistic?

Apparently a draw with England (granted their football wasn't great), a defeat against Sweden and losing to Spain deems him unworthy though.

Guest Howaythetoon

I don't particularly like Rafa Benitez but he is still one of the best managers in world football and an outstanding coach and tactician. He would be an amazing appointment similar to that of Sir Bobby, a real high calibre manager with vast experience and a pedigree of success.

He cannot be fully judged on his time at Inter or Chelsea. What he achieved at Valencia and Liverpool, however, was nothing short of brilliant, especially in La Liga. Sadly, he would never be an option here at Newcastle because he would cost a lot of money in terms of salary and he also likes to be in complete control. He doesn't suffer fools easily. I could never see MA/DL appointing someone so strong and so demanding.

Rafa blamed his inability to win the title for Liverpool on not being backed in the transfer market, he also fell out with several people at Liverpool, from the board-room to his own assistant and even one or two Liverpool players, most notably Alonso.

Mind, he would be a good bet help end our search for an elusive trophy and massively so. In one-off games he has shown he is tactically astute enough to win such games. He's a fantastic manager. Never gonna happen though, even though I reckon he would be well up for the challenge of making NUFC a success. He needs a few years and is a builder not an instant impact type manager.

Redknapp.... again I don't like him and his football although light years from Pardew's isn't as sily as the media would otherwise have you believe. He's more Allardyce than Wenger than you'd think when it comes to percentages etc. What he does bets is to trust his players and to give them a platform to play.

He would get our players playing good football and have us challenging for the top 6 for me but he would be a short-term appointment. Anyway, just like Rafa, he would command huge wages and wouldn't be happy with not having full control of transfers so I don't think he would be a realistic option. I mean, I doubt he'd even leave the South to come North anyway. Plus he's an odious fucker.

Go daft and appoint someone like Ginola, Ketsbaia or even fucking Beardsley himself who by all accounts is meant to be a very good coach.

Isn't Blanc's style really defensive? I don't think a good record is enough, we need someone that's going to get us passing and attacking with some speed, someone that will actually get the fans enjoying football again.

Sure it's been mentioned, but what's the deal with Laurent Blanc? Out of a job isn't he? Any chance he'd be interested?

didn't exactly shine with the French at the Euro's and ended up dealing with rifts in the camp. That said did well with Bordeaux

Guest Howaythetoon

Beardsley. :lol:

That was tongue in cheek btw, I can't stand the man after his attacks on KK and taking the mickey out of Sir Bobby. He's a proper Ashley arse licker and is more of a Liverpool fan than a Newcastle one.

I don't particularly like Rafa Benitez but he is still one of the best managers in world football and an outstanding coach and tactician. He would be an amazing appointment similar to that of Sir Bobby, a real high calibre manager with vast experience and a pedigree of success.

He cannot be fully judged on his time at Inter or Chelsea. What he achieved at Valencia and Liverpool, however, was nothing short of brilliant, especially in La Liga. Sadly, he would never be an option here at Newcastle because he would cost a lot of money in terms of salary and he also likes to be in complete control. He doesn't suffer fools easily. I could never see MA/DL appointing someone so strong and so demanding.

Rafa blamed his inability to win the title for Liverpool on not being backed in the transfer market, he also fell out with several people at Liverpool, from the board-room to his own assistant and even one or two Liverpool players, most notably Alonso.

Mind, he would be a good bet help end our search for an elusive trophy and massively so. In one-off games he has shown he is tactically astute enough to win such games. He's a fantastic manager. Never gonna happen though, even though I reckon he would be well up for the challenge of making NUFC a success. He needs a few years and is a builder not an instant impact type manager.

Redknapp.... again I don't like him and his football although light years from Pardew's isn't as sily as the media would otherwise have you believe. He's more Allardyce than Wenger than you'd think when it comes to percentages etc. What he does bets is to trust his players and to give them a platform to play.

He would get our players playing good football and have us challenging for the top 6 for me but he would be a short-term appointment. Anyway, just like Rafa, he would command huge wages and wouldn't be happy with not having full control of transfers so I don't think he would be a realistic option. I mean, I doubt he'd even leave the South to come North anyway. Plus he's an odious fucker.

Go daft and appoint someone like Ginola, Ketsbaia or even fucking Beardsley himself who by all accounts is meant to be a very good coach.

Agree with that, the transfer issue for Rafa or even the wage issue may not be the problem but I really think he wants to walk straight into a champions league level side or Liverpool.

As for Redknapp ugh odious cunt and the thought of him doing his usual transfer deadline day interview antics while out manager  :suicide:

Villa managed to speak to Rafa, but when he heard no money to spend he bolted.

As long as he can bring players in and were upfront and honest about our business modl, ie under 27, value for money, carr approval I cannot see why it wouldn't work. Keeps him in England near his family as well. It's a goer for me.

Guest Howaythetoon

I think Ashley and Co are willing to give someone a good few years at the job so it is vitally important whoever they point next is someone who fits their business and football model and can grow and develop the club over the long-term with that in mind. Someone whose football philosophy and tactics dovetails with the players Carr identifies and brings in. Back in the summer talk-in, Pardew highlighted that Carr looks for pacey, physical and technical players. We are essentially signing players equipped with playing a quick and technical game which just isn't how Pardew plays the game. Our manager may well buy into and indeed fit the busines model side of the club but he couldn't be a worse match for the footballing side.

If the club really believe Pardew is the man and want to stick with him they would be better off getting rid of Carr and setting their man a budget and let him buy his own players because the ones we do buy are not Pardew type players. Andy Carroll is a Pardew type player. Shola if he didn't have that hip problem which limits the number of games he can play, would be the first name on the team-sheet.

Sissoko, Cisse, Cabaye, Ben Arfa et al are not typical Pardew players. He doesn't know how to use those players or how to get the very best out of them. He picks them because he pretty much has to, them being our purple players and all.

He is a 4-4-2 man, a long ball man. We did better with Best and Ba up top with wingers or wide men in Taylor and Obertan stretching and putting crosses in and with two in the midfield sitting. That's his game and the type of players he wants, not a Ben Arfa, or a Cisse. That's why he urged the board to bring back Carroll.

Guest Howaythetoon

We won't get Benitez, he'd turn his nose up even though he's probably not going to get a champions league job again soon.

We need to make a Laudrup style appointment.

I don't think he'd turn his nose up st our job myself. His reputation has been severely damaged over the last few years and he has as big an ego as any player he has ever managed, on a par with Mourinho for example if not in such an in your face way. For me he is best suited to a role that allows him to build a club for success like he did at Valencia and almost did at Liverpool. He's not a short-term fix or someone you would appoint to suddenly transform a side. He's a builder and you could well imagine him looking at the NUFC job as a huge challenge that could see him, if he succeeded, back as one of best thought of managers in the game rather than a paranoid fat Spanish waiter despised by Chelsea fans who fucked up Inter and lost the plot with in a mind-game war with Fergie.

I think Ashley and Co are willing to give someone a good few years at the job so it is vitally important whoever they point next is someone who fits their business and football model and can grow and develop the club over the long-term with that in mind. Someone whose football philosophy and tactics dovetails with the players Carr identifies and brings in. Back in the summer talk-in, Pardew highlighted that Carr looks for pacey, physical and technical players. We are essentially signing players equipped with playing a quick and technical game which just isn't how Pardew plays the game. Our manager may well buy into and indeed fit the busines model side of the club but he couldn't be a worse match for the footballing side.

If the club really believe Pardew is the man and want to stick with him they would be better off getting rid of Carr and setting their man a budget and let him buy his own players because the ones we do buy are not Pardew type players. Andy Carroll is a Pardew type player. Shola if he didn't have that hip problem which limits the number of games he can play, would be the first name on the team-sheet.

Sissoko, Cisse, Cabaye, Ben Arfa et al are not typical Pardew players. He doesn't know how to use those players or how to get the very best out of them. He picks them because he pretty much has to, them being our purple players and all.

He is a 4-4-2 man, a long ball man. We did better with Best and Ba up top with wingers or wide men in Taylor and Obertan stretching and putting crosses in and with two in the midfield sitting. That's his game and the type of players he wants, not a Ben Arfa, or a Cisse. That's why he urged the board to bring back Carroll.

He pretty much understands only one kind of football. If we survive I expect AC to be here in the summer.

Guest neesy111

Someone foreign, I'm sick of us continually appointing English/British managers who coaching wise are in the dark ages. 

Guest Howaythetoon

It's fair to say that, should we stay up, we have to be a very attractive place to manage. This team could, with a modicum of intelligent management, be top 12. Easy recognition.

Top 12? Top 6 more like. This league has shown you don't have to be an outstanding individual to nail down mid-table. We are a top 6 club, we have a top 6 squad. We sadly also have a shit manager.

It's fair to say that, should we stay up, we have to be a very attractive place to manage. This team could, with a modicum of intelligent management, be top 12. Easy recognition.

Top 12? Top 6 more like. This league has shown you don't have to be an outstanding individual to nail down mid-table. We are a top 6 club, we have a top 6 squad. We sadly also have a s*** manager.

Well yes, I didn't want to get ahead of myself :lol:

Get a young, innovative manager that encourages attacking football and brings a breath of fresh air to the place. A tactically smart man that takes no shit, a man with a vision and a man with redeemable features. When we go to teams like Man City, we don't sit back and wait to lose. A man that relishes working at such a massive club and genuinely wants to take us to greatness.

Does this person exist?

We won't get Benitez, he'd turn his nose up even though he's probably not going to get a champions league job again soon.

I don't think he'd turn his nose up st our job myself. His reputation has been severely damaged over the last few years and he has as big an ego as any player he has ever managed, on a par with Mourinho for example if not in such an in your face way. For me he is best suited to a role that allows him to build a club for success like he did at Valencia and almost did at Liverpool. He's not a short-term fix or someone you would appoint to suddenly transform a side. He's a builder and you could well imagine him looking at the NUFC job as a huge challenge that could see him, if he succeeded, back as one of best thought of managers in the game rather than a paranoid fat Spanish waiter despised by Chelsea fans who fucked up Inter and lost the plot with in a mind-game war with Fergie.

I think there's something in that. I know Dave has said he'll get much better offers, but not in England, and would it be fair to say he wants to manage here?

Under normal circumstances, Rafa would definitely come here. It's just working under the Ashley regime that could put him off - signing for Mike means you're signing away your dignity and Rafa has too much confidence in himself for that.

I don't think he'd turn his nose up st our job myself. His reputation has been severely damaged over the last few years and he has as big an ego as any player he has ever managed, on a par with Mourinho for example if not in such an in your face way. For me he is best suited to a role that allows him to build a club for success like he did at Valencia and almost did at Liverpool. He's not a short-term fix or someone you would appoint to suddenly transform a side. He's a builder and you could well imagine him looking at the NUFC job as a huge challenge that could see him, if he succeeded, back as one of best thought of managers in the game rather than a paranoid fat Spanish waiter despised by Chelsea fans who f***ed up Inter and lost the plot with in a mind-game war with Fergie.

Nailed it :thup: Personally i think if we were to talk to Rafa he would be quite suitable for what we need.

Its not known much, but according to a Liverpool supporting mate of mine he did a lot of work behind the scenes for youth development too which if is the case would be another thing that he's good at that we need.

All pie in the sky at the moment but i'd love to see him replace Pardew i don't necessarily think he would turn us down without hesitation.