Who would you go for?

BONTEMPI

Any fucker who thinks Ashley has been good for NUFC needs a good slapping. He's the antithesis of what sports are all about - to steal a stupid quote from Herman Edwards "You play to win the game" and Mike Ashley's Newcastle United's sole existence is profits for MASH and exposure for SD.

He once again has a chance to right some wrongs here: (1) hire a class manager to work within his "model" (2) if he's to sell players for extraordinary profits, then that money needs to go back into the club and replacements need to be purchased.

If we get a good manager. I think people would be genuinely surprised at how good we could still do, even with MAs policy.

Really hope we can somehow pull it off. The good manager that is.

Nah he needs to spend what we earn for it to be workable, we've about 60m sitting around that should be spent

To be honest, even with your owner spending the lowest possible amount, you still have a pretty good squad. Now I wish those players Carr manages to find are given to a manager that will put them to good use.

Of all the names bandied around I like the idea of Lucien Favre. I have to admit to not really knowing the game too well outside of England so I've had to read up on most of the overseas-based coaches, but he seems like he has enough experience, hasn't really failed anywhere, and plays football the right way.

I wouldn't be adverse to Bilic either - the one other league I know a little is the Turkish Super Lig and he's not doing too badly at Besiktas, last weekend's result aside. Besiktas also gave both Arsenal and Spurs a tough ride in Europe this year and he did really well with Croatia.

We'll never get either though as they are in contract.  :dave:

Hate s*** like that. You've been a member since 2012. There's been plenty of discussion since then, and before. Are you seriously expecting people to go over old ground about why they think Mike Ashley is not running NUFC in the way it should be run? It's a drum most people have banged consistently since September 2008.

Since you registered on this site, you've seen the team/club lose far more matches than it has won, concede far more than it has scored, lose four consecutive derbies, deliberately get knocked out of cup competitions, deliberately decrease club revenues to benefit an external company, sell top class players without replacing them, publicly admit it won't try and win anything or attempt to qualify for Europe and come within 90 minutes of being relegated again.

But you want to have a discussion, 8 years after he took over, about your view that we have an owner better than 90% of those in English football? If anyone bothers, they've got a far higher tolerance for nonsense than I have.

Yep,

I'm not sure deliberate is accurate though? Do you think we intentionally lost?

Do you guys honestly think some guy with no prem experience is the answer?

I'll put it a different way - instead of complaining about me what's your 5 point plan?

For me the only way to make english football great again is to give a CL place to the FA winners.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/7/73/Winners_Dont_Use_Drugs.png

Not even sure what this means?

I think the implication is you were on drugs when you made that post or have diminished cognitive abilities due to sustained drug use over the years.

Thanks,

I haven't. Just thought other opinions may be valued.

Be nice if a different opinion on this site didn't draw abuse but discussion instead.

That's the thing: the issue was discussed to death and collectively, the majority of us, moved onto a more logical, rational place, together. It's like civil rights or gay marriage. If you don't participate in the public dialogue when the struggle is actually going on, and then come by swinging your dick 2 years after saying "oh hoy hoy, what's all this gay marriage malarkey? marriage is between man and woman! why can't we just discuss this?" People will laugh you out of town.

That's what you're doing right now.

Collectively on this site. Not collectively as a fan base.

Hate s*** like that. You've been a member since 2012. There's been plenty of discussion since then, and before. Are you seriously expecting people to go over old ground about why they think Mike Ashley is not running NUFC in the way it should be run? It's a drum most people have banged consistently since September 2008.

Since you registered on this site, you've seen the team/club lose far more matches than it has won, concede far more than it has scored, lose four consecutive derbies, deliberately get knocked out of cup competitions, deliberately decrease club revenues to benefit an external company, sell top class players without replacing them, publicly admit it won't try and win anything or attempt to qualify for Europe and come within 90 minutes of being relegated again.

But you want to have a discussion, 8 years after he took over, about your view that we have an owner better than 90% of those in English football? If anyone bothers, they've got a far higher tolerance for nonsense than I have.

Yep,

I'm not sure deliberate is accurate though? Do you think we intentionally lost?

Do you guys honestly think some guy with no prem experience is the answer?

I'll put it a different way - instead of complaining about me what's your 5 point plan?

Prem experience like Pellegrini? or like LVG? Or perhaps Koeman? Maybe experience like Gary Monk has? Or perhaps the kind of Premier League experience that Roberto Martinez had when he took over at Wigan? Maybe the experience that Micky Laudrup had?

OR perhaps Premier League experience like McCleish or even Steve Bruce?

Premier League experience can suck a fat dick.

Premier league experience would be nice, unfortunately the only coaches possible with that experience are from the merry-go-round of British mediocrity. I'm tired of seeing us hoy one coach onto that ride and pull another off.

Might not have deliberately lost the match, but putting out a weakened side against premier league opposition in particular is deliberately forfeiting the competition which is 100% bang out of order.

Agree 100% until they make cups worthwhile then why would any owner bother?

If love to see someone come in who would concentrate on cups - not sure a foreign boss is the answer. Hence mclaren as my choice

Guest antz1uk

1. Hover over profile link at top, Click on account settings

2. Click on Buddy/Ignore List

3. Click on Edit Ignore List

4. Type lktmpl

5. Click Add

:lol:

Been wondering how that was done for yonks!! cheers Kanji  O0

Guest antz1uk

Of all the names bandied around I like the idea of Lucien Favre. I have to admit to not really knowing the game too well outside of England so I've had to read up on most of the overseas-based coaches, but he seems like he has enough experience, hasn't really failed anywhere, and plays football the right way.

I wouldn't be adverse to Bilic either - the one other league I know a little is the Turkish Super Lig and he's not doing too badly at Besiktas, last weekend's result aside. Besiktas also gave both Arsenal and Spurs a tough ride in Europe this year and he did really well with Croatia.

We'll never get either though as they are in contract.  :dave:

He would be my absolute top pick, then behind him Tuchel, then Galtier, The more i'm reading on Garde the more his tactics have me slightly worried he's very similar to the one we've just got shot of

However there is no way on earth we'd get Favre, i think De-Boer is more realistic than him, which i wouldn't be aversed to either

For me the only way to make english football great again is to give a CL place to the FA winners.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/7/73/Winners_Dont_Use_Drugs.png

Not even sure what this means?

I think the implication is you were on drugs when you made that post or have diminished cognitive abilities due to sustained drug use over the years.

Thanks,

I haven't.

Cheers, I was worried for a minute. :lol:

Might not have deliberately lost the match, but putting out a weakened side against premier league opposition in particular is deliberately forfeiting the competition which is 100% bang out of order.

Agree 100% until they make cups worthwhile then why would any owner bother?

If love to see someone come in who would concentrate on cups - not sure a foreign boss is the answer. Hence mclaren as my choice

As McClaren doesn't seem to be a choice any more who do you want? I'm wondering how low you would go before you want a foreign coach.

1. Hover over profile link at top, Click on account settings

2. Click on Buddy/Ignore List

3. Click on Edit Ignore List

4. Type lktmpl

5. Click Add

:lol:

Been wondering how that was done for yonks!! cheers Kanji  O0

easiest 5 step plan in the world