Who would you go for?

BONTEMPI

Bit of a pointless exercise lots of this. What is the point of banners of Ashley out of our club etc.......He bloody owns it and will do whatever he wants, it is his club not ours. He will select a manager that suits his needs and future plans. Football has changed, managers do not exist in the old sense, they are now coaches. The people above choose who to buy, who to sell then it is up to the coach to get the best out of those players in terms of results and hopefully increase their value so that they can be sold at a profit. Probably the last manager I remember being given cart blanch to buy and sell was David O'Leary at Leeds. Bought a team to win the champions league and it totally backfired, a disaster they have yet to recover from.

The whinging on here about us selling our best players and so on makes us look an absolute joke, did Manu not sell their best player Ronaldo, Liverpool and Suarez, Spurs and Bale? It goes on all the time because it is a business, it is not run to satisfy the whims of deluded supporters and the sooner we realise and accept that the better.

Before you start to bleat, I am not new to this forum and I have supported Newcastle for over 60 years.

This is very terrible.

:lol:

Its got the lot.

The holy trinity: deluded, Leeds and pitiful acceptance of fans not having any say whatsoever. Genius.

It needed a Portsmouth for a full house but not a bad effort. B+

Long time lurker and even longer fan but i agree with these points. Why does any fan think they can change MA? And tbh - why would they? Simple question - what do you guys want? I agree ambition in the cups would be my no.1 but aside from that i would rather him as an owner than 90% of the other owners. I'd love ambition but realistically there is a limited amount of people who can spend unlimited money on players these days - Man Utd try to win the title and spend £150mill or so and are still no-where near. Football has lost its soul and we aren't the only fans suffering.

PS - my choice for manager - still Steve Mac. Top coach and will get the best out of our youngsters which is the one thing i still enjoy most.

Spending 150 million and trying to win the title is now a bad thing?

Can't believe it's been this fucking easy for twats like MA to get all the simpleton fans to think that all they can expect of a team is to exist. What the fuck is the point in supporting NUFC if this is the case? What the fuck is the fucking point.

The thing is, if it was either Galtier, Garde or Tuchel, would Ashley sanction them bringing in their own coaching staff? Can see Woodman, Carver and Stone being involved in any coaching set up to be honest, especially reading .com comments on Woodman at Leicester.

Bit of a pointless exercise lots of this. What is the point of banners of Ashley out of our club etc.......He bloody owns it and will do whatever he wants, it is his club not ours. He will select a manager that suits his needs and future plans. Football has changed, managers do not exist in the old sense, they are now coaches. The people above choose who to buy, who to sell then it is up to the coach to get the best out of those players in terms of results and hopefully increase their value so that they can be sold at a profit. Probably the last manager I remember being given cart blanch to buy and sell was David O'Leary at Leeds. Bought a team to win the champions league and it totally backfired, a disaster they have yet to recover from.

The whinging on here about us selling our best players and so on makes us look an absolute joke, did Manu not sell their best player Ronaldo, Liverpool and Suarez, Spurs and Bale? It goes on all the time because it is a business, it is not run to satisfy the whims of deluded supporters and the sooner we realise and accept that the better.

Before you start to bleat, I am not new to this forum and I have supported Newcastle for over 60 years.

This is very terrible.

Its got the lot.

The holy trinity: deluded, Leeds and pitiful acceptance of fans not having any say whatsoever. Genius.

Long time lurker and even longer fan but i agree with these points. Why does any fan think they can change MA? And tbh - why would they? Simple question - what do you guys want? I agree ambition in the cups would be my no.1 but aside from that i would rather him as an owner than 90% of the other owners. I'd love ambition but realistically there is a limited amount of people who can spend unlimited money on players these days - Man Utd try to win the title and spend £150mill or so and are still no-where near. Football has lost its soul and we aren't the only fans suffering.

PS - my choice for manager - still Steve Mac. Top coach and will get the best out of our youngsters which is the one thing i still enjoy most.

Spending 150 million and trying to win the title is now a bad thing?

Can't believe it's been this f***ing easy for t***s like MA to get all the simpleton fans to think that all they can expect of a team is to exist. What the f*** is the point in supporting NUFC if this is the case? What the f*** is the f***ing point.

Meh - no need to get angry and call me simple. What other team is different? Its how football is these days - at least we have exciting talent like Aarons.

There is a point-  its supporting a local team. The biggest pride to me has been seeing our players represent their countries and i hope our new manager can help develop local talent.

This is very terrible.

Its got the lot.

You should go back to lurking.

The thing is, if it was either Galtier, Garde or Tuchel, would Ashley sanction them bringing in their own coaching staff? Can see Woodman, Carver and Stone being involved in any coaching set up to be honest, especially reading .com comments on Woodman at Leicester.

If he has half a brain when watching us for last few years, he would be happy to rid them in a shot.

Of course money talks, but we desperately need a coaching clear out. Harsh, but true.

This is very terrible.

Its got the lot.

:facepalm:

This is very terrible.

Its got the lot.

This is very terrible.

Its got the lot.

:facepalm:

:lol: really the forum equivalent of suicide by cop

This is very terrible.

Its got the lot.

Fair enough. Just wanted to give a different opinion from an equally passionate fan if thats not what a discussion is about then i apologise.

If we get a good manager. I think people would be genuinely surprised at how good we could still do, even with MAs policy.

Really hope we can somehow pull it off. The good manager that is.

We should be thankful that that our ambitions stretch to surviving relegation each year and exiting cups as quickly as possible, signing players with a view to flogging them as soon as we can turn a profit and existing purely as a vehicle to advertise far Mike's tat emporium. Thanks for the great work Mike.