Who would you go for?

BONTEMPI

I love how people try to justify the credibility of their opinion by quantifying how long they've supported the team for.

That's probably what is wrong with the UK economy, George Osbourne isn't 95 years old.

Not my intention,

If you can let me know what I need to do though to have an valid opinion about the club - I'm interested

Guest Gino14

Britain formerly had good managers, but for some reason a lot of the British managers around now are just awful. There's a group of younger British managers coming through that are better, but the older ones left now are genuinely abysmal.  There's a reason we've appointed lot of foreign England managers and all the top clubs in the league have foreign managers. It's because the talent pool of good experience British managers is so bad, they just can't recruit from it, leaving those managers to take jobs like ours and show just how awful they are. I'd say Keegan and Robson were genuinely fantastic of our British managers and since then, the others have been somewhere between average and dreadful.

The vast majority of available/realistic managers that have PL experience have PL experience that is mediocre at best and abject failure at worst, because idiotic clubs like NUFC keep going back in for the same old "good football men" despite them never having proven anything to deserve the opportunity.

Might not have deliberately lost the match, but putting out a weakened side against premier league opposition in particular is deliberately forfeiting the competition which is 100% bang out of order.

Agree 100% until they make cups worthwhile then why would any owner bother?

Owners do bother, most sides in the premier have been doing better in the cups than we have. We are the only ones who have stated that league games are going to take a priority and we send out teams which reflect that. Other premier teams seem to have no problem advancing through the rounds to the quarters and semis. Don't those teams have owners?

The vast majority of available/realistic managers that have PL experience have PL experience that is mediocre at best and abject failure at worst, because idiotic clubs like NUFC keep going back in for the same old managers despite them never having proven anything to deserve the opportunity.

This. Staying on the same street in Amsterdam and picking the best of the obese, middle-age transvestite bunch.

Bit of a pointless exercise lots of this. What is the point of banners of Ashley out of our club etc.......He bloody owns it and will do whatever he wants, it is his club not ours. He will select a manager that suits his needs and future plans. Football has changed, managers do not exist in the old sense, they are now coaches. The people above choose who to buy, who to sell then it is up to the coach to get the best out of those players in terms of results and hopefully increase their value so that they can be sold at a profit. Probably the last manager I remember being given cart blanch to buy and sell was David O'Leary at Leeds. Bought a team to win the champions league and it totally backfired, a disaster they have yet to recover from.

The whinging on here about us selling our best players and so on makes us look an absolute joke, did Manu not sell their best player Ronaldo, Liverpool and Suarez, Spurs and Bale? It goes on all the time because it is a business, it is not run to satisfy the whims of deluded supporters and the sooner we realise and accept that the better.

Before you start to bleat, I am not new to this forum and I have supported Newcastle for over 60 years.

Why even exist?

Hate s*** like that. You've been a member since 2012. There's been plenty of discussion since then, and before. Are you seriously expecting people to go over old ground about why they think Mike Ashley is not running NUFC in the way it should be run? It's a drum most people have banged consistently since September 2008.

Since you registered on this site, you've seen the team/club lose far more matches than it has won, concede far more than it has scored, lose four consecutive derbies, deliberately get knocked out of cup competitions, deliberately decrease club revenues to benefit an external company, sell top class players without replacing them, publicly admit it won't try and win anything or attempt to qualify for Europe and come within 90 minutes of being relegated again.

But you want to have a discussion, 8 years after he took over, about your view that we have an owner better than 90% of those in English football? If anyone bothers, they've got a far higher tolerance for nonsense than I have.

Yep,

I'm not sure deliberate is accurate though? Do you think we intentionally lost?

Do you guys honestly think some guy with no prem experience is the answer?

I'll put it a different way - instead of complaining about me what's your 5 point plan?

Well you could try rebutting some of those points raised by Wullie in that post if you really want to have a debate before asking for his 5 point plan. "I'm not sure deliberate is accurate" isn't really much of an answer is it?

:clap:

Britain formerly had good managers, but for some reason a lot of the British managers around now are just awful. There's a group of younger British managers coming through that are better, but the older ones left now are genuinely abysmal.  There's a reason we've appointed lot of foreign England managers and all the top clubs in the league have foreign managers. It's because the talent pool of good experience British managers is so bad, they just can't recruit from it, leaving those managers to take jobs like ours and show just how awful they are. I'd say Keegan and Robson were genuinely fantastic of our British managers and since then, the others have been somewhere between average and dreadful.

:clap: Not 100% but Keegan and Robson had no premier league experience  :)

There are 8 foreign coaches in the Premier League. 6 of them make up the current top 6 and 1 of the other 2 finished 5th last season.

I can certainly see why English coaches are so in demand.

I'd be surprised if it ended up being anything other than one of these four scenarios:

IF WE DON'T WANT TO PAY COMPENSATION BUT WANT A HEAD COACH QUICKLY: Garde now

IF WE DON'T MIND SOME COMPENSATION BUT WANT A HEAD COACH QUICKLY: Tuchel now

IF WE DON'T WANT TO PAY COMPENSATION AND THINK WE CAN SURVIVE UNTIL SUMMER: Carver as interim, then Galtier/Tuchel

IF WE'RE DUMB CHEAP SHIT-FOR-BRAINS ASSHOLES: Carver permanently, to our extreme detriment

All those options seem quite plausible to me, even the last one, sadly, though I'm hoping Carver will continue to disqualify himself through out and out stupidity and rank incompetence.

Hate s*** like that. You've been a member since 2012. There's been plenty of discussion since then, and before. Are you seriously expecting people to go over old ground about why they think Mike Ashley is not running NUFC in the way it should be run? It's a drum most people have banged consistently since September 2008.

Since you registered on this site, you've seen the team/club lose far more matches than it has won, concede far more than it has scored, lose four consecutive derbies, deliberately get knocked out of cup competitions, deliberately decrease club revenues to benefit an external company, sell top class players without replacing them, publicly admit it won't try and win anything or attempt to qualify for Europe and come within 90 minutes of being relegated again.

But you want to have a discussion, 8 years after he took over, about your view that we have an owner better than 90% of those in English football? If anyone bothers, they've got a far higher tolerance for nonsense than I have.

Yep,

I'm not sure deliberate is accurate though? Do you think we intentionally lost?

Do you guys honestly think some guy with no prem experience is the answer?

I'll put it a different way - instead of complaining about me what's your 5 point plan?

Well you could try rebutting some of those points raised by Wullie in that post if you really want to have a debate before asking for his 5 point plan. "I'm not sure deliberate is accurate" isn't really much of an answer is it?

I've lost what Wullies question were?

Tuchel isn't interested in getting back into management until next year is he? That's what all the papers have been saying anyway. Would love him but if it means waiting til then I'm not so sure. I have patience, usually I would say just wait for the right man but if Sissoko goes soon and Carver is in charge for the rest of the season then I would seriously worry about relegation.

I'd be fascinated to understand why anyone would back McClaren over Tuchel, Garde or Galtier. I actually don't dislike McClaren as he seems to be a fairly innovative coach as English coaches go, but this prerequisite for Premier League experience is absolute bollocks as an argument.

Guest NobbyOhNobby

NUFC Online - the home of thoughts, opinions and conversation about Newcastle United...as long as your thoughts and opinions are exactly the same as everyone else's and you enjoy conversation exclusively with people who think exactly the same thing as you. Don't forget, if somebody says something that is different to the hive view, belittle them until they go away.

I've read through the last few pages and it's been OTT. This isn't the first time either...

NUFC Online - the home of thoughts, opinions and conversation about Newcastle United...as long as your thoughts and opinions are exactly the same as everyone else's and you enjoy conversation exclusively with people who think exactly the same thing as you. Don't forget, if somebody says something that is different to the hive view, belittle them until they go away.

I've read through the last few pages and it's been OTT. This isn't the first time either...

your post would have been perfect if you called us sheeple.

There are 8 foreign coaches in the Premier League. 6 of them make up the current top 6 and 1 of the other 2 finished 5th last season.

I can certainly see why English coaches are so in demand.

Foreign coaches generally just seem to have more of a style they want to play and half an idea how to implement it. British coaches just seem to want to pick the same old cloggers, appear incapable of developing a good passing style and call hoof ball "winning football".

That guy who said our last 5 top managers were English failed to realise we have only appointed Gullit that didn't come from uk in last 20 years

It clearly says Newcastle Online not NUFC Online, easy mistake to make though.

Guest NobbyOhNobby

your post would have been perfect if you called us sheeple.

missed a trick there didn't I! Point still stands though, it's a bit pitchforks and flaming torches in here sometimes

Please go away. You are little.

Please go away. You are little.

:lol:

I disagree with this post. Does this count as separate points of view? :laugh: