Who would you go for?

BONTEMPI

Guest VanBarduck

Just want to back up what 'summerof69' has alreay exressed on here: Galtier is indeed very close to Pardew in terms of football philosophy and tactics. A major difference though, Galtier is a genuine bloke. He's a calm, quiet man, loved by his player and they are willing to fight and surpass themselves for him. He can bring a lot of stability into a club, but he'll never achieve anything special.

If we after a french coach, I'd suggest Garde. It could be a real 'coup' in the same calibre as Wenger for Arsenal in 1996 and Garcia to Roma more recently.

Just want to back up what 'summerof69' has alreay exressed on here: Galtier is indeed very close to Pardew in terms of football philosophy and tactics. A major difference though, Galtier is a genuine bloke. He's a calm, quiet man, loved by his player and they are willing to fight and surpass themselves for him. He can bring a lot of stability into a club, but he'll never achieve anything special.

If we after a french coach, I'd suggest Garde. It could be a real 'coup' in the same calibre as Wenger for Arsenal in 1996 and Garcia to Roma more recently.

Would be intolerable if we don't get him in.

Anyone thinking Carver could be left to 'manage' us until the summer is bonkers. Would be a crazy decision.

Well, it would be awful but we'd still likely stay up.

He struggled against Burnley and Leicester. I'm genuinely fearing a massacre against Chelsea.

Hopefully we get completely turned over, more chance of bringing someone in.  Went through all that shit with pardle just to have pardle mark 2 in the dugout for the rest of the season? Fuck that. I'd take a couple of heavy defeats if it helps shift this cunt.

I wanted Garde but not sure now. I know bugger all about him, I never watch French football it was just blind faith. I haven't watched much football at all for a couple of years due to the bollocks so I probably know less about the current climate of football than Pards. I am sure I will be excited whoever we get within reason and I can enjoy my football again within reason.

Been some Sherwood loving on the bet today it would seem.

Definitely. We're down to 7-4 on him now. Hopefully nothing more than some geezer convincing a load of blokes in the pub that he's ITK and they've all piled in. De Boer had been 33's for days and was cut to around 10-1 off the back of that story in the mirror. Manager markets are always punter led, the bookies have the same level of knowledge as the hacks on this stuff.

Guest optimistic nit

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/newcastle-united/11333764/Newcastle-United-to-speak-to-Remi-Garde-over-vacant-managers-job.html

"Newcastle’s supporters would prefer to see Ajax coach Frank De Boer put in charge of the team according to a recent poll, but Garde is making it clear through intermediaries that he wants the job."

Someone's been reading this forum

Guest taps01

Been some Sherwood loving on the bet today it would seem.

Definitely. We're down to 7-4 on him now. Hopefully nothing more than some geezer convincing a load of blokes in the pub that he's ITK and they've all piled in. De Boer had been 33's for days and was cut to around 10-1 off the back of that story in the mirror. Manager markets are always punter led, the bookies have the same level of knowledge as the hacks on this stuff.

The amount of money punted on this market won't be that big either so it wouldn't take much money to be put on Sherwood for his odds to come down.

I wouldn't be disappointed with Sherwood. I don't think he'd be the best fit for this squad but he's got a wonderfully simple 90s style of playing attacking football with genuine width.

Not sure I agree mate.

When you consider our only Orthodox wide players Obertan, Aarons & Sammy I'm not sure a 4-4-2 would work particularly well in the traditional sense.

That being said, I'd have him over trash like Carver & Hoddle.

Guest Gino14

At the end of the day Sherwood isn't the best option, but he's a lot better than Pardew. There's also no way he'd last very long. He's just got too big of a mouth on him and would fall out with Ashley quite quickly. For that reason I also can't see him being offered or taking the job. He'll want assurance and some measure of control. He won't accept being lied to and just keep quiet. There's no way he'd be a good fit to work under Ashley.

Sherwood is a nobhead but for all the right reasons, hates the modern footballer mentality. Sadly, that will hold him back in a managerial sense.

As mentioned above, I can't see him being a puppet for Ashley either. I think he will become a good manager someday though, once he learns to play the game with big egos.

Guest Gino14

Surely everyone would take him above Carver, but probably not above the other good European candidates who appear to be more talented and suited to our structure.

I wouldn't be disappointed with Sherwood. I don't think he'd be the best fit for this squad but he's got a wonderfully simple 90s style of playing attacking football with genuine width.

Not sure I agree mate.

When you consider our only Orthodox wide players Obertan, Aarons & Sammy I'm not sure a 4-4-2 would work particularly well in the traditional sense.

As I said, he isn't the best fit for the squad - that being one of the main reasons why.

Not sure I agree mate.

As I said, he isn't the best fit for the squad - that being one of the main reasons why.

Woops Misread your post.

My bad.