Who would you go for?

BONTEMPI

Guest Roger Kint

what will he do with all the left backs?

Sell them to Pardcunt (Except Santon and Haidara) - we should let them have Dummet and Gouffran

Rather keep Dummett and sell Williamson tbh. Sooner he fucks off the better

"Talks"

Mike Ashley has offered you a contract of £2,000p/w.

The minimum expectation is that the club not achieve a respectable position in the Premier League.

The minimum expectation is that the club be eliminated in the third round of the League Cup and FA Cup.

Ashley is willing to offer you a transfer budget £0p/w, and a wage budget of £400k p/w.

Accept contract?

Yes/No

Not sure about Garde. Lyon seem to be doing way better without him and scoring more goals in the process.

Lyon have a fabulous academy so I'm not giving him extra credit for bringing the youngsters through.

We could always try and lure Palace's manager back here?

Honestly man, turning your nose up at Garde, really?

From watching Garde's parting interview at OL the "personal reasons" given for his departure there (against the club's wishes, who wanted to extend his contract for at least another season) were very much like 'I have worked very hard these past couple of seasons in a stressful job and I feel my family is somewhat drifting away from me. I need some time with my family to reinvigorate myself and come back stronger' which is fair enough. He has been out of the game since July last year, so he could well be ready for a new challenge.

Not sure about Garde. Lyon seem to be doing way better without him and scoring more goals in the process.

Lyon have a fabulous academy so I'm not giving him extra credit for bringing the youngsters through.

You really should do a little more research before coming out with stuff like that.

"Talks"

Mike Ashley has offered you a contract of £2,000p/w.

The minimum expectation is that the club not achieve a respectable position in the Premier League.

The minimum expectation is that the club be eliminated in the third round of the League Cup and FA Cup.

Ashley is willing to offer you a transfer budget £0p/w, and a wage budget of £400k p/w.

Accept contract?

Yes/No

http://youtu.be/xBLR5f-6vO0?t=10s

From watching Garde's parting interview at OL the "personal reasons" given for his departure there (against the club's wishes, who wanted to extend his contract for at least another season) were very much like 'I have worked very hard these past couple of seasons in a stressful job and I feel my family is somewhat drifting away from me. I need some time with my family to reinvigorate myself and come back stronger' which is fair enough. He has been out of the game since July last year, so he could well be ready for a new challenge.

He will love his family being abused in Newcastle then when he fails miserably because he's a french and not a hardened premier league manager of fine british stock

Why was Garde third choice behind Galtier and McClaren?

We have no idea if this was or is the case.

Well if we are believing that article it says we've turned to him after McClaren and Galtier turned us down (that they would turn us down in itself is rather worrying, albeit not that surprising)

He will love his family being abused in Newcastle then when he fails miserably because he's a french and not a hardened premier league manager of fine british stock

Micky Quinn on TalkSport has basically just said that getting a forrin is a gamble but getting an Englishman, like Paul Clement, wouldn't be a gamble. Don't know how the media get away with half the shite they spout.

McClaren wouldn't be that surprising. He's on the verge of getting Derby promoted to the Premier League, with a squad that he has already put his stamp on. He'd be a right twat to leave them at this stage of the season and let's be honest, he's probably on more money there than he would be here

From the other foreign leading candidates - he would be my least preferred from what i've learnt about them recently. Obviously if it's Garde or Sanchez that would be easy.

From the other foreign leading candidates - he would be my least preferred from what i've learnt about them recently. Obviously if it's Garde or Sanchez that would be easy.

How come? Aren't you confusing him with Galtier, who is apparently a French version of Pardew in terms of style of play?

You really should do a little more research before coming out with stuff like that.

Didn't Garde coach those same players in the academy / youth teams?

Another notch on TCD's belt of strange comments - again, talking about shit he's not even remotely versed or knowledgable about. "Obvious between Garde and Sanchez" and the tall stature of a one Remy Cabella.

Guest Roger Kint

Another notch on TCD's belt of strange comments - again, talking about shit he's not even remotely versed or knowledgable about. "Obvious between Garde and Sanchez" and the tall stature of a one Remy Cabella.

He has really come to the fore in award season mind

I don't know very much about Garde - this is just from reading this thread earlier.

Earlier in this thread there was reports of defensive football - playing strikers on the wing. He used Lacazette outwide, the new manager has put him upfront - Lacazette is scoring for fun and Lyon are doing better in the league. If they're doing better in the league with "Garde's tactics" what was it about Garde that meant they didn't show it last season?

I give Aulus primary credit for Lyon's youth academy. He decided to concentrate on investing in the youth academy - especially attacking players because he thought strikers where over-priced. The result was Sidney Govou, Karim Benzema, Hatem Ben Arfa and Loic Remy. They also made some excellent signings like Malouda.

Houllier was Director of Youth Football or something for France when they won the WC but his own eye for genuine French talent was hit & miss.

I don't like giving credit for successful systems that have a lot of investment & layers to individuals unless it is clear they're the primary influence (e.g. Carr).

I don't know very much about Garde - this is just from reading this thread earlier.

Earlier in this thread there was reports of defensive football - playing strikers on the wing. He used Lacazette outwide, the new manager has put him upfront - Lacazette is scoring for fun and Lyon are doing better in the league. If they're doing better in the league with "Garde's tactics" what was it about Garde that meant they didn't show it last season?

I give Aulus primary credit for Lyon's youth academy. He decided to concentrate on investing in the youth academy - especially attacking players because he thought strikers where over-priced. The result was Sidney Govou, Karim Benzema, Hatem Ben Arfa and Loic Remy. They also made some excellent signings like Malouda.

Houllier was Director of Youth Football or something for France when they won the WC but his own eye for genuine French talent was hit & miss.

I don't like giving credit for successful systems that have a lot of investment & layers to individuals unless it is clear they're the primary influence (e.g. Carr).

Bro, Garde was there last season when Lacazette arguably had his breakout season.

He played him up front with Gomis, and Grenier just behind the two of them.