Who would you go for?

BONTEMPI

Didn't Laudrup fall out with Swansea because of lack of ambition and low budget?

No.

He wanted to keep using one particular agent was the initial problem but their main problem with him was he was hardly around the place and treat the job as part-time one.

Scott Wilson of the Echo reckons Charnley to start formal talks with mclaren this week. Urgh

It must be damningly obvious by now that neither Ashley or his secretary Charnley are comfortable with a foreign manager. I'm surprised they even got as far as interviewing Garde before being too intimidated by his French intellect. Joe Kinnear and Carver must be so much more easy to share a pint with. 

With the threat of Carver looming, McClaren wouldn't seem such a bad choice. How depressing.

Can't disagree with this. In any normal world I would be massively disappointed by McClaren, but sadly we're in a world where potential disasters are everywhere.

I would still definitely rather go with someone young and a bit more interesting.

Laudrup is the best we can get as this point. I remember thinking how they got lucky when Swansea sign him. I doubt they hire him though as they can get scared of what they might feel if he fails.

Being Danish I naturally love laudrup. But he has fallen out with clubs and squads most times. Long term he could easily fail. If Ashley does not keep his word hell will brake loose coz laudrup does accept that kind of behavior!

If Ashley and laudrup can keep an good relation and laudrup becomes better at man/squad management than I would love to have him here coz he wants to play good football.

He is not perfect but he will be exciting and a bit of a gamble. Not managed to stay more than 2  seasons before

Steve McLaren.  What a dull, unambitious and thoroughly uninspiring choice.  British managers just hop on and off the conveyor like a big, ugly, witless version of Yo! Sushi. 

Midtable at best, dull functional football grinding out enough points to stay on the bestest gravy train in the world ad infinitum.

Laudrup is the best we can get as this point. I remember thinking how they got lucky when Swansea sign him. I doubt they hire him though as they can get scared of what they might feel if he fails.

Being Danish I naturally love laudrup. But he has fallen out with clubs and squads most times. Long term he could easily fail. If Ashley does not keep his word hell will brake loose coz laudrup does accept that kind of behavior!

If Ashley and laudrup can keep an good relation and laudrup becomes better at man/squad management than I would love to have him here coz he wants to play good football.

He is not perfect but he will be exciting and a bit of a gamble. Not managed to stay more than 2  seasons before

I would take 2 years of gamble than 5 years of mid table finishes under McClaran. On those two years we can play attractive football and a chance to win a trophy. As he did with Swansea. I doubt they think like this though.