Who would you go for?

BONTEMPI

Cant see Ashley paying for a manager on top of a huge payout for sacking Pards.

Unemployed Dutch Managers (or contact running out this season) worth considering

Marco Van Bastan - Heerenveen

Michel Jansen - Twente

Ronald Koeman - Feyernoord

Unemployed French Managers (or contact running out this season) worth considering

Remi Garde - Lyon

Unemployed UK managers

Malky Mackay

Others

Laudrup

Roberto Di Matteo

Jupp Heynckes

Ottmar Hitzfeld

The thing is, though I really want to see Pardew sacked, that it's just going to be another huge disappointment, when we end up appointing someone like Steve Bruce or Peter Reid.

Which would be a fantastic appointment.

The fuck is this? Bruce failed at the Mackems but aside from that he's done very well at every club he's been at. He's done a brilliant job at Hull especially. Like I say, of the managers who aren't two-bit spanners from lower England, Bruce would be one of the best we could get here. He could still be tempted, even under Ashley.

Guest neesy111

The fuck is this? Bruce failed at the Mackems but aside from that he's done very well at every club he's been at. He's done a brilliant job at Hull especially.

Yes he's done fine.  But as usual spent a fortune with them though and is known to spit his dummy out when he doesn't get any money.

The fuck is this? Bruce failed at the Mackems but aside from that he's done very well at every club he's been at. He's done a brilliant job at Hull especially. Like I say, of the managers who aren't two-bit spanners from lower England, Bruce would be one of the best we could get here. He could still be tempted, even under Ashley.

He is just like Harry Redknapp, Mark Hughes or even Alan Pardew. He can get the job done for a while, but he is very limited manager and would bring absolutely nothing new to this club.

He hasn't spent a fortune, like. He's spent the typical amount you'd expect a Premier League club to spend and has bought well, as he's done throughout his career. And to say he'd bring absolutely nothing new to the club is obviously nonsense cos he'd at least bring a desire to win now and again.

He hasn't spent a fortune, like. He's spent the typical amount you'd expect a Premier League club to spend and has bought well, as he's done throughout his career. And to say he'd bring absolutely nothing new to the club is obviously nonsense cos he'd at least bring a desire to win now and again.

Graeme Souness, Glenn Roeder, Sam Allardyce, Kevin Keegan, Joe Kinnear, Alan Shearer, Chris Hughton, Alan Pardew. Steve Bruce would fit in this list too easily.

Maybe it's time to try something else?

From that list I'd be tempted to take a punt on McKay myself, unless there's something about him I'm unaware of. Handled that shit at Cardiff well enough, team seemed to play decent enough football.

He'd not be my first choice in the game but for an out of work manager would we get better?

Whether he'd go near MA is another question mind.

Wouldn't turn my nose up at Bruce at this stage either tbh, huge improvement on knackers. Likes his 'experience' and Englishness though Bruce, that wouldn't fly.

Still like the idea of Ketsbaia.

Me too, he would show a bit of passion and his management career so far seems to be a great success.

:thup: Can't imagine the Georgian FA would require much compo either.

Guest neesy111

I want a foreign manager who'll bring a set of coaches with him.  Absolutely sick of the coaches we've had done the years and not once we've tried to hire someone from europe.

Me too, he would show a bit of passion and his management career so far seems to be a great success.

Nope me either, plus his family are Newcastle mad. Seems so obvious but I doubt it will ever happen!

Nah, just give them some land.