Who would you go for?

BONTEMPI

He signed Kompany didn't he?

Aye. Zabaleta too.

Vincent Kompany - £7m

Pablo Zabaleta - £6m

Wayne Bridge - £12m (left on a free after contract expiry)

Nigel de Jong - £18m (sold to AC Milan for £5m)

Shay Given - £6m (sold to Aston Villa for £3.5m)

Craig Bellamy - £14m (left on a free)

Robinho - £32.5m (sold to AC Milan for £15m)

Shaun Wright-Phillips - £9m (sold to QPR)

Gareth Barry - £12m

Joleon Lescott - £22m

Kolo Toure - £16m (went on a free to Liverpool)

Carlos Tevez - £47m (sold to Juve for £10m)

Jo £19m - (signed for Internacional)

Tal Ben Haim £6m

Roque Santa Cruz £18m - (left at the end of his contract)

Emmanuel Adebayor £25m - (sold to Spurs for £5m)

He signed Kompany didn't he?

Aye. Zabaleta too.

Vincent Kompany - £7m

Pablo Zabaleta - £6m

Wayne Bridge - £12m (left on a free after contract expiry)

Nigel de Jong - £18m (sold to AC Milan for £5m)

Shay Given - £6m (sold to Aston Villa for £3.5m)

Craig Bellamy - £14m (left on a free)

Robinho - £32.5m (sold to AC Milan for £15m)

Shaun Wright-Phillips - £9m (sold to QPR)

Gareth Barry - £12m

Joleon Lescott - £22m

Kolo Toure - £16m (went on a free to Liverpool)

Carlos Tevez - £47m (sold to Juve for £10m)

Jo £19m - (signed for Internacional)

Tal Ben Haim £6m

Roque Santa Cruz £18m - (left at the end of his contract)

Emmanuel Adebayor £25m - (sold to Spurs for £5m)

Wow. Dat loss. £150m down by my reckoning.

Enough to give Ashley a heart attack.

Apart from the last 4, there's not that many bad ones. Robinho cost a lot but I think that was more a statement of intent from the owner.

If I had a manager with that much money to spend I wouldn't want him to be as limited as he was with those he bought.

I'm watching Stoke f***ing City and Im jealous.  What has the world come to. Kudos to Sparky Hughes.

Did we not make an approach for him in 2008?  If Pardew does go I could see him being another on Ashleys shortlist.

I always think he gets an unfair press tbh. Done good jobs most places he's been.

Think he's bang average personally. His teams are always dirty, snidey cunts as well. Exactly like he was as a player.

He's also a bitter cunt without any grace too.

I don't like Hughes either, similar to Moyes in that the football is functional rather than anything to get the pulse racing. But it goes without saying both of those are still a massive improvement on The Fraud.

Whenever I've seen Stoke this season I still don't think the style they use is much cop at all. Certainly nowhere near the transformation that "Sparky's" mates in the media (Robbie Savage) would have you believe.

It's nowt special but given many though they'd crash, burn & not change at all I think you have to give credit where it's due. They definitely look to at least keep the ball now rather than just punt it forward at all opportunities. It's not brilliant but its a marked step away from the Pulisball they were playing beforehand.

Think a lot of the stuff written regarding how well Hughes has done at Stoke is way OTT IMO. For gods sake Pulis has the previously condemned Palace a few points behind them. Despite the HoofBall comments regarding him, he's managed to use Puncheon really well too.

I personally think that Stoke's league position is more down to how bobbins the PL has been this year, a point further illustrated by the fact we're still 9th despite being total dog toffee since Christmas.

I'm watching Stoke f***ing City and Im jealous.  What has the world come to. Kudos to Sparky Hughes.

Did we not make an approach for him in 2008?  If Pardew does go I could see him being another on Ashleys shortlist.

I always think he gets an unfair press tbh. Done good jobs most places he's been.

Agreed, although his stint at QPR was awful.

I posted this back in July:

Football / Re: Alan Pardew

« on: Thursday 4 July 2013, 12:03:59 PM »

An almost groundless rumour to pass on:

My dad was talking to someone from one of the local papers in the pub last night (he didn't say who) and he reckoned Pardew is on his way out with Poyet lined up as replacement.

He said that Pardew has not been prepared to make an official comment on anything for 4 weeks now, which is very unlike him (he has been a bit quiet recently). Possibly the actions of a man who knows his days are numbered.

According to the Sun today Poyet intends to leave whether Sunderland stay up or not, so he could well be available again, although perhaps he may now be setting his sights higher than working with someone like Ashley.

Guest I-Was-There

My dad was talking to someone from one of the local papers in the pub last night (he didn't say who) and he reckoned Pardew is on his way out with Poyet lined up as replacement.

He said that Pardew has not been prepared to make an official comment on anything for 4 weeks now, which is very unlike him (he has been a bit quiet recently). Possibly the actions of a man who knows his days are numbered.

According to the Sun today Poyet intends to leave whether Sunderland stay up or not, so he could well be available again, although perhaps he may now be setting his sights higher than working with someone like Ashley.

:lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol:

What's so funny about that? You reckon Colback isn't coming here either when there' word that the deal is already done. Maybe it's a double deal with him and Gus :lol:

Odds shortened significantly on pulis taking over in summer (job swap with pardew?). Bookies odds mean nowt, I get that, but would anyone take him?

No, im not that desperate for change, im sick of giving shit managers, with shit football philosophies a chance.