Who would you go for?

BONTEMPI

DAMIAN JOHNSON ‏@JohnsonDamian  3m3 minutes ago

Hull boss Steve Bruce rules himself out of job at Newcastle. "I am fully committed here"

Well that's a f***ing relief, in other words Ashley has told him where to go

Excellent.

If it's not a foreign guy coming in we are in trouble.

McLaren won't work in our system. Being the only decision maker and guy in charge was the first thing he said he loved about managing derby. Id be surprised if he doesnt probably fancy the job but he would be another square peg forced into a round hole. Talented or not it won't work long term in our set up. Bruce would have been the same but less talented. So happy he ruled himself out.

We will find the same with any domestic manager if they haven't worked under a system like ours and thrived. There are plenty that will agree to the job but it's only going to cause friction further down the line.

Carvers hand looks ever stronger. Id say we wouldn't be that stupid.

If it's not a foreign guy coming in we are in trouble.

McLaren won't work in our system. Being the only decision maker and guy in charge was the first thing he said he loved about managing derby. Id be surprised if he doesnt probably fancy the job but he would be another square peg forced into a round hole. Talented or not it won't work long term in our set up. Bruce would have been the same but less talented. So happy he ruled himself out.

We will find the same with any domestic manager if they haven't worked under a system like ours and thrived. There are plenty that will agree to the job but it's only going to cause friction further down the line.

Carvers hand looks ever stronger. Id say we wouldn't be that stupid.

Then he won't take the job.

Guest neesy111

Hull boss Steve Bruce rules himself out of job at Newcastle. "I am fully committed here"

:D

I've ruled myself out of a nosh-off from Kate Upton, OFFICIAL.

Bit more

Philip Buckingham ‏@PJBuckingham  26m26 minutes ago

Steve Bruce on Newcastle links: "I'm fully focused on one thing and one thing only, to stay here and get us of trouble."

Philip Buckingham ‏@PJBuckingham  25m25 minutes ago

Asked if he was ruling himself out, Bruce said: "Yeah. I've got a job to do here. It would be very difficult to uproot."

Philip Buckingham ‏@PJBuckingham  23m23 minutes ago

Bruce says he's had three offers to leave #hcafc since he's been in charge but turned them all down.

That means nothing, didn't Pardew rule himself out of the Palace job recently?  I'm sure he would change his mind if we approached him, not that I think we will.

From what I've heard Galtier is very pragmatic/defensive minded.

Heard the opposite. Flamboyant and likes setting up free flowing attacking teams.

Really? Guess I'm misinformed then.

You might be right, I'm only basing that on what I have read in several places.

http://hereisthecity.com/en-gb/2014/05/09/why-christophe-galtier-would-be-perfect-for-newcastle-united/

http://www.ligue1.com/ligue1/article/the-galtier-method.htm

Read somewhere else about him being quite Flamboyant in comparison to some of the other more reserve coaches in ligue 1.

Nigel Worthington odds slashed to 4-1. That's more like it Mike.

Still one can dream would love someone like Diego Simeone. On 2.5m euros a year so not mega bucks and does brilliantly at a club with debt that sells its best players. I wonder if Colo has his number.

Damian Spellman (@DamianSpellman) tweeted at 9:39 AM on Wed, Dec 31, 2014:

Don't get too carried away with people apparently "snubbing" Newcastle. They are very much looking for a head coach rather than a manager.

Don't get too carried away with people apparently "snubbing" Newcastle. They are very much looking for a head coach rather than a manager.

Reckon Carr is a De facto DOF now.

Certainly looking that way, can only be a good thing for us you would think.

Certainly looking that way, can only be a good thing for us you would think.

He's done a decent job and it seemingly saves us from these old school British managers all of which are totally useless.

Guest antz1uk

Galtier quotes

As for his own contribution to the Saint-Etienne revolution Galtier, who as an assistant coach earned a reputation as an outstanding man manager, has brought this talent to the role of head coach since taking over from Alain Perrin in November of 2009.

‘Open dialogue’

"I like to have an open dialogue running with the players at all times, but also I have been able to judge their personalities well, to know who needs a more personal approach and who needs to simply be given their instructions," explained Galtier. "I spend a huge amount of time in individual conversation with the players. That’s my style but I also read about what other coaches do; I listen closely and it seems to me that it’s much better to have discussions with players one on one than to try to get your message across to the whole squad, a situation where your words evaporate easily."