Who would you go for?

BONTEMPI

I wouldn't really want Mclaren, the only English/British one's I'd like is Dyche or Howe.

In all honesty this club is set up and ready for a foreign manager who can play football the right way, will it happen? probably not.

Not really 100% sure on Mclaren but i'd take him as i'd have it down as a safeish appointment given Ashley's history.

If we sacked Lambert tomorrow (which we won't, because the only way we'll get shot of him is if Lerner sells, which he won't, which therefore renders this entire sentence utterly, eye-bleedingly fucking depressing), I would be quite happy with McLaren.

Not really 100% sure on Mclaren but i'd take him as i'd have it down as a safeish appointment given Ashley's history.

If we sacked Lambert tomorrow (which we won't, because the only way we'll get shot of him is if Lerner sells, which he won't, which therefore renders this entire sentence utterly, eye-bleedingly fucking depressing), I would be quite happy with McLaren.

Keep the faith brummie.  Some idiotic chairman might do some acid and come in and give you money for him :lol:

Keep the faith brummie.  Some idiotic chairman might do some acid and come in and give you money for him :lol:

Fucking us probably.

Guest antz1uk

just chucked some money on Galtier and De-Boer for an outside bet, fuck it, last 4 years have given me fuck all to be positive about so im gonna enjoy this next couple of days before it all goes tits up again

Obviously if we had a owner looking to take the club forward my number one pick would be Benitez, think he'd have Newcastle absolutely flying.

Total fantasy talk with Ashley though.

When Houllier left us, Lerner interviewed Benitez.

After 15 minutes, it became clear that the sort of money Benitez wanted to spend was massively out of kilter with what Lerner was prepared to spend, and he cut the interview short. That was posted by the son of a director of the club on one of the forums, so absolute 100% gospel etc etc.

Benitez is not going to go anywhere in this country without big money to spaff.

Obviously if we had a owner looking to take the club forward my number one pick would be Benitez, think he'd have Newcastle absolutely flying.

100% agree. Rafa would be perfect for us. Just my opinion but i think he'd be very keen if approached.  Unfortunately your second point is correct too meaning it will be some bruce/adkins etc.

Like previous poster i'm just gonna enjoy the next few days.

When Houllier left us, Lerner interviewed Benitez.

After 15 minutes, it became clear that the sort of money Benitez wanted to spend was massively out of kilter with what Lerner was prepared to spend, and he cut the interview short. That was posted by the son of a director of the club on one of the forums, so absolute 100% gospel etc etc.

Benitez is not going to go anywhere in this country without big money to spaff.

The problem with that story is and was that Lerner wasn't interested in spending money. Villa have struggled financially since Martin O'Neill spending days, and Villa had to cut costs. That means Benitez would probably not be able to use any money and had to get rid of some key players to get down the wages.

The point I'm making is that we don't know if Benitez wanted big bucks or just enough to buy a player or two.

In a dream world It would be Klopp or Benitez and they'd getting Ashley enjoying football again and we'd go on and compete for the top 4 with Ashley's stacks and either of those men in charge.

But I believe if Ashley is thnking slightly outside the box a De Boer, Tuchel, Jemez, Galtier type would be fucking phenomenal and I'd be so excited again. To a lesser extent, and I don't mean any issue - I'd love Howe in after that; I like everything I read about him.

Finally if it was some British chap how's a usual name I'd take McClaren and Sherwood over Fat Bruce any day of the week.

BTW, if Ashley had appointed Benitez after the season we nearly went down when he was available post Chelsea, and he decided to spend say 20-30M and not spend again for another year, and that included adding Remy, keeping Cabaye, Ben Arfa, MYM, Marv, etc. I don't fucking doubt for 1 second that we wouldn't be worrying about Top 10 or Europa, but Benitez would have had that team fighting for a CL spot b/c hes that fucking class of a manager and that investment would have shored up our defense and attack.

100% agree. Rafa would be perfect for us. Just my opinion but i think he'd be very keen if approached.  Unfortunately your second point is correct too meaning it will be some bruce/adkins etc.

Like previous poster i'm just gonna enjoy the next few days.

I agree, I think he'd jump at the chance to manage us. If he thinks the Liverpool fans like him imagine if he won a trophy with us?

I will enjoy the Pardew free environment as we all will, but how massively frustrating that we're probably gonna get some cheap chancer rather than someone like Benitez.

I'm just fucking saying if Ashley had any desire to spend the cash he's got, and it's a fucking boat load - he could easilly tempt top managers here and run us the right way b/c our club still has that draw.

I know we won't ever get Klopp or Rafa whilst Ashley is here, man, :lol: I'll just never admit this small time stuff is more than just Ashley dragging us down and Pardew spouting off this we can't complete with oil money shit.

Please no more dumb British managers. Get someone who at least sounds smart enough to have thought deeply about tactics and man management. No more Pardews, Allardyces, Curbishleys who say what comes into their head. Is there a British manager who fits that criteria? I don't know. But I'd rather go foreign that go for another one of those. In 12 months, everyone on this forum will be tired of them. Plus all of them want control of transfers to buy shit British players for 3 times their market price.

Get a foreigner who will be familiar with the players that we have, familiar with their job description and constraints, and also someone who sounds somewhat intelligent.

Getting a British manager who says he's cool with the transfer policy only to end up realising that he's not and wants to buy his best mate's son will be immensely frustrating.

I'd be happy with Galtier tbh. Rather him than the english ones available. Not sure how offensive minded he is though. Saint-Etienne have scored 22 goals in 19 games, only conceeded 12 though. Dunno if they've scored more in earlier seasons though.

Average Possession this season is 52%

Said it a million times but I would be stunned if Carr hasn't got someone up his sleeve. Foreign coaches would be more comfortable with the structure so there'll be no drama. They'd be on low wages and we'd probably tell them they'd get the Arsenal job in 2 years if we do well